Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Guards skins  (Read 5039 times)

Offline CommissarGears

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Guards skins
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »
M60 is a Medium Machine Gun still in active service with the United States Marine Corps.

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »

Yea, I know.
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline GI John 412

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »
Not the original M60.  The current model is somewhat different and not used in large numbers.  Having recently joined said Marine Corps, I should think that I have some degree of respectability. 

Currently the 7.62mm MMG of the USMC is the M240B, sometimes referred to as the 240 Bravo.   The M240B is an unscaled M249 SAW intended to be used as a mounted weapon although it is light enough to be manhandled if necessary.

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
 yea M249SAW is current 'normal' MMG.
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline Schuultz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »
Which, to turn this argument around, the Germans copied with the MG4.

Even though it maintains some characteristics of the MG42/MG3 (mainly the feeding mechanism), the principle of the Squad Support Weapon was adopted after seeing its usefulness in the US Forces.

But then again, you could argue that the FG42 was the real first LMG, despite its rarity.

Another little factoid: The American Combined Arms Doctrine is a neat name for people who don't want to use the term Blitzkrieg. A-10 Thunderbolt II's basically play the same role in the American doctrine as the StuKas did for the Germans in WW2...
The fundamental problem of Democracy is that the majority of voters are idiots fueled by uninformed rage - and the Politicians do everything to cater to them.

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 02:56:13 AM »

- Schuultz :
 * The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill  ;)
 * What was MG34 copied off from?
 * Aye, A-10 is neo Stuka allright. Why not use what works?
 Germans hit on a gold mine right there. Allowed them to really nail France/Britain right off the bat.

Offline Schuultz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 03:55:09 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the MG34 was based off the MG30.

This in turn was designed by Rheinmetall in Germany, however, due to the restrictions set upon Germany by Versailles, the Reichswehr was not allowed to adopt it - keep in mind that this was three years before Hitler got to power, who didn't give a crap about restrictions.

The only nations that ended up adopting it right off the bat were Switzerland through Solothurn and Austria through Steyr.

It wasn't until Hitler got to power later on that Germany adopted it, naming it the MG15/17 and using it in their aircraft.

Also, I was not smashing the Americans for adopting the Blitzkrieg doctrine, I was just pointing it out, because a lot of Americans don't seem to realize that.
The fundamental problem of Democracy is that the majority of voters are idiots fueled by uninformed rage - and the Politicians do everything to cater to them.