Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Music of the Ostheer  (Read 44520 times)

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Music of the Ostheer
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 08:07:03 PM »
If you want an accurate representation of WW2 watch Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan (The story itself is not true but the context and battle scenes are very historically accurate)

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
Every game give a special feeling.Also this mod desrve that.If is used just crappy product found in the cheap modern marked,will be a sad thing.

I suggest to all who argue against me,to install Total War,and mod Broken Crescent,and to compare vanilla with that mode.I tell you what will happen>player will be stunned by the superbe choice for music,and sometimes will hesitate to eneter in battle,just for listening one melody.

I don't know why...but i have a feeling...i talk with some kind of 12 years old guys?

I also suggest to all people who prefer to listen modern day music,to disable sond from the game,and listen what they want.

Previous posters...maybe this will fit for your taste

TELETUBBIES
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:16:13 PM by PSIHOPAT »

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
PSIHOPAT

just... no... stop posting and uninstall your operating system... now

Offline mystic-eye

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »
I hear this music in my head every time I see german tanks in CoH

Panzerlied:

http://www.worldwar2aces.com/panzerlied_obssturm.mp3

I think it really is the quintessential Germanic pride themesong for WWII.

Here's a different version.

Original Panzerlied

There are orchestral versions as well, for those who seek to keep the CoH style themes...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:25:38 PM by mystic-eye »

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 09:43:13 PM »
I think Hell March is way too modern, and electronic, rather something like the O du schöner Westerwald as EasyWinHunt3r proposed. The music for the soviets works well as it adds to the atmsphere, it seems heroic etc. Which i think the Ostheer need as well...

its a game (not real) ;)

Post Merge: February 05, 2010, 02:29:44 PM
Hell March is fictional, at least the marching music posted were stuff the German soldiers probalbly heard on a radio at camp everyday.

the game is fictional! since when did snipers walk past infantry in open fields invisible, or a vehicle repair itself.......?

what would you rather listen to, a boring out of tune 1940 song or something a bit more lively? it is a game after all.
I actually prefer the real Martial Music. :o
Bring on the Hohenfriedberger or Raedetzky! I don't care!
The vehicle repairs are made by the crew inside the vehicle, I can't explain the sniper thing. No "movie music" really describes 1940's Germans because they are always depicted as the bad guys. Go back to Red Alert if you wan to hear hell march to baddly. It doesn't fit with the period the game is depicted in. Sticking with the game's original music theme however, will remove one piece of diversity that the Ostheer could use.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Strategos101

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »

its a game (not real) ;)

It is based on something real and thus needs music to reflect that, if you just choose any random music for it then it would remove any sense of atmosphere. Choosing Hell March would be like adding a Basshunter or whatever song to say a movie like Saving Private Ryan, it just does not work. Rather, as HyperSniper999 said real martial music.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
Perfect music for the Ostheer guynumber7  ;D ;D ;D
May the force be with you.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »
lol look i was just giving examples for people who hate marches in general. that would be better red army music OBVIOUSLY.

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:25 PM »
Superb song

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
I was looking over the ModDB page and remembered the release video

http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front

if they could get the music with out the lyrics... it could be badass for the Ostheer music....

Offline Danius

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »
You guys are kidding right?
You really want old marching songs?

Like any other epic game, the mod needs epic and dramatic music to fit.

Like such

Master And Commander Soundtrack- Into The Fog [nofollow]

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
It make no sense that.

Soldiers go in battle with music who RISE the morale,not one who make make them to think they live a drama.

I play to WIN and i want to listen music who give me THAT feeling,no matter how many soldiers i lose....I...MUST...WIN !!!

Drama music listen wives of the dead soldiers who sit home,but commanders who lead armies to victory use songs who make soldiers to go through the fire,who make them ferocious,who make them to consider to be a holly duty their fight,not one who make them to piss their eyes or pants.

Machine guns will kill your soldiers in waves,and mortars and howitzers will rip your soldiers in hundreds of pieces...but you order them FORWARD!!! FORWARD MY BRAVE SOLDIERS!!! LEAVE NO ENEMY ALIVE!!!  FOR OUR NATION!!! FOR ALL THAT WE LOVE,DON'T FEAR ANYTHING!!! BRING DEATH TO ALL ENEMIES!!! PUSH FOOOORWAAAARD!!!! TOOO VICTOOOORY!!!

Blood will flow in rivers under the sky who will become black by smoke.Sea of fire will be.Air will become  hard to breath,from dust,sweet and smell of fried soldiers.Thousands of thunders from all guns grenades and all hell machines will make your soldiers crazy or def.You will see you beloved soldiers mutilated and butchered in the most horrible ways,but in that moment,you will don't care about that and will order forward.The field will be covered with brains,intestines,eyes,legs,hands...and you will become mad by furry and pain from the heart,but victory must come.With even more furry you will order to the second wave FORWAAAARD!!!!

Victory not come with tears.
Is need allot of blood.

Empires are made with blood,not tears.   

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:06:13 PM by PSIHOPAT »

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:12 AM »
I am going to ignore most of PSIHOPAT's  posts from now on... as far as the Movie Sound track, wouldn't it be hard to get the rights to put it in the game?

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 12:23:16 AM »
I am going to ignore most of PSIHOPAT's  posts from now on... as far as the Movie Sound track, wouldn't it be hard to get the rights to put it in the game?
Are there any epic movies about Germn soldiers, anyway?
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."