Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Unit suggestion thread:  (Read 395659 times)

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: Unit suggestion thread:
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
Guys! On-topic please ;)
BDNeons is far away from on-topic and some more and i have to close this thread!
Thx.
May the force be with you.

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
Yikes, don't go all berserk on me like that. One off topic post and you're threatening to close the thread? Try to unwind man, you're a little tense.

Back on topic, I wonder if we should think of what the ostheer engineers should be like. I was thinking more with a focus of on the field anti tank duties, like explosives that can be planted directly on disabled vehicles, and somewhat less focus on straight up building duties.

Offline PitbullTerr0r

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2010, 07:30:07 PM »
hi guys, first of all i would like to say that you guys have done an amazingly job with this mod :)

Well I'm new here and i have some rough ideas for a defensive part of ostheer, due to the fact that all sides  mostly digged in to defend from expected counterattacks and the weather ;)

Pioneers can build a Trench for 160 mp wich can be upgraded with better cover and a mounted mg 34 or 42 in the middle of the trench wich can be manned by every squad wich have at least 2 members.

The squad can leave the trench but the mg remains at the trench

The upgrade costs 75 munitions and 20 fuel (be free to change the costs)

And an other idea is the same as above but the difference is that the trench is round of shape and it can only be build at an territory or/and a resource point wich doubles the value of the resource.

Well i hope you guys seriously look at my ideas, maybe you can make the ideas more perfect:)

Greetz PitbullTerr0r (Netherlands)

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
@BDNeon :
[...]One off topic post and you're threatening to close the thread? Try to unwind man, you're a little tense.[...]
LordRommel was talking about all the posts before (those about the strange vehicles and so) not just your post.

Jupp. Wasnt just u ;) But your post was the last one and so i chused your name.
And with closing; jeah...this is page 29 - topic is still at the end, or? So i cant find so much new for a unit thread.
Lord Rommel

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:50:20 PM by Lord Rommel »
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
The only skin I don't like is the Finnish, aren't they suppose to be light blue?
I'd think they'd generally Where standard Wehrmacht M-43 Enlisted Tunic (Thats just a example, obv Diff Inf would have diff uniforms)

One unit i'd like to see is the...

Sdkfz 251/7-I  or Pioneirwagon, Could act like a mobile Engineer bunker, could lock down like a British HQ Com Truck to deploy 4 Pioneirs,

Sdkfz 251/8-I as a Medical Halftrack, same as above but when locked down deploys 4 medics.

Sdkfz 251/17 OR 37 mm FlaK36 auf Fahrgestell Zugkraftwagen 5t (SdKfz 6/2) Armed with a 20mm OR 37mm AA Gun to attack Infantry..

Sdkfz 251/18-I to act as a Recon, possibly upgrade to call in a 81mm Mortar strike..

SdKfz 4 'Panzerwerfer' to act as a Arty unit/

Sd.Kfz. 250/8 leichter Schützenpanzerwagen (7.5 cm) Armed with a PaK40 at the front, and a MG34 at the back, could Rip up Tanks, but when Inf. AT Weapons get to the side, it'll be F'd.

And the RSO to tow Arty', Mainly the 75mm Field Gun, PaK40 or 105mm Howitzer...

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »
Pioneers can build a Trench for 160 mp wich can be upgraded with better cover and a mounted mg 34 or 42 in the middle of the trench wich can be manned by every squad wich have at least 2 members.

And an other idea is the same as above but the difference is that the trench is round of shape and it can only be build at an territory or/and a resource point wich doubles the value of the resource.
Sounds like a cheaper uber outpost. Bad idea.
UK has nothing to fight trenches so germans cant build them.

Offline PitbullTerr0r

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »

Sounds like a cheaper uber outpost. Bad idea.
UK has nothing to fight trenches so germans cant build them.

aha okay, was worth a try:) thanks for judging;)

greetz

Offline Pollarisz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
The Ostheer needs min. a Anti-Air unit or something like that
every factions have AA-gun (except Red Army if i right remeber)

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #428 on: August 25, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »
Soviets have the T-90 for AA.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 25, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
Its horrible at it. One time I was testing with a friend to see if it works and it took 5 all in 1 spot to take down 1 plane. Then they died shortly after cause the airplane bombed them.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 26, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
Its horrible at it. One time I was testing with a friend to see if it works and it took 5 all in 1 spot to take down 1 plane. Then they died shortly after cause the airplane bombed them.
But theyre cheaper than a US quad anyway. It would be great if a turret mounted 0.5 cal was also an AA weapon.
Please devs, make it happen.

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
0,50 cal was mounted as AA weapon, but in game it rotates too slow, nearly as slow as tank turret. It couldn't even aim because plane is too fast.

Offline GameMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »
Hi!

I think Ostheer should get tank destroysers(but they should be really powerfull!!) to stop Russian spam t-34 attacks. They should get for example elephants, and they shgould be able to recruit tigers in barracks, of course a liite bit worse than these from doctrines, but still tigers.

Of course panthers, but also they should get abilities to call planes. Germans should get Sdkfz and option to buy Flak 36.

I'd add also OpelBlitz trucks to let germans move faster.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:53:05 PM by GameMan »

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
recruit tigers in barracks

ostheer isnt ZOO ;D

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:04 PM »
recruit tigers in barracks

ostheer isnt ZOO ;D
Well, if not they were close :D... they have panther, tiger, lynx, puma, elefant, marder, nashorn, wespe, maus, grille, hummel, maultier...
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...