Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.31] If your game crashes - Post here  (Read 94330 times)

Offline Breech

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW NEW* If your game crashes - Post here
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2011, 03:02:38 AM »
What map were you playing?

Vimoutiers

*Which factions were involved?

Soviet and Wehrmacht

*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!

I was on a hilltop with my Zveroboy just turning around to bring it back downthe hill and it froze

*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?

They were happening 100% of the time and always the same crash that freezes the entire computer looping the sound, forcing me to power off (and not generating a dump file).  I lowered my graphics settings to minimum and have been able to run the game, increasing 1 setting 1 level each time to see which setting is causing a problem for me.  The last setting I adjusted was tree quality setting it to medium.

Here is my error log:

Edit: crashed again, this time with lowered tree detail and lower effects fidelity- second warning report attached
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:45:47 AM by Breech »

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
*What map were you playing?
any

all

*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!
it happened every game about 10 - 20 minute 

every game

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
*What map were you playing?
any

all

it happened every game about 10 - 20 minute 

every game
line 614
Code: [Select]
00:47:46.57   GameObj::OnFatalScarError: [string "EASTERN_FRONT\DATA\Scar\EFUtil.scar"]:14: attempt to call a nil value
  main            zannihilate.scar               Ln    9 ((null))
00:47:46.57   GAME -- SimulationController::Pause 0
00:47:46.57   GameObj::OnFatalScarError: Error loading script file (DATA:Scar/WinConditions/zannihilate.scar).  Check script syntax!
00:47:46.57   GAME -- SimulationController::Pause 1
00:47:46.62   ModWorld::LoadWinCondition: - [DATA:Scar/WinConditions/zannihilate.scar] failed.

Did you downloaded and installed both updates?? (1.3.0.1 & 1.3.0.2)
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
crashes  again again and again

setting low or high   it still crashes!!!

Post Merge: February 21, 2011, 09:05:43 AM

[...]
line 614
00:47:46.57   GameObj::OnFatalScarError: [string "EASTERN_FRONT\DATA\Scar\EFUtil.scar"]:14: attempt to call a nil value
  main            zannihilate.scar               Ln    9 ((null))
00:47:46.57   GAME -- SimulationController::Pause 0
00:47:46.57   GameObj::OnFatalScarError: Error loading script file (DATA:Scar/WinConditions/zannihilate.scar).  Check script syntax!
00:47:46.57   GAME -- SimulationController::Pause 1
00:47:46.62   ModWorld::LoadWinCondition: - [DATA:Scar/WinConditions/zannihilate.scar] failed.

Did you downloaded and installed both updates?? (1.3.0.1 & 1.3.0.2)

no I have these

Post Merge: February 21, 2011, 09:10:12 AM
what is this ???

01:46:34.01   Transport - median kBPS [hi/cur] sent = 0.0/0.0, recvd = 1.3/0.0, #p/sec[s/r] = 0.0/0.3, max unsent 0, version err 0, merge 0
01:46:34.05   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:35.03   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:36.04   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:36.04   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:37.19   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:38.31   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:39.31   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:40.43   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:41.42   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:42.41   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:43.43   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:44.43   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:45.56   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:46.56   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:47.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:48.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:49.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:50.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:51.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:52.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:53.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:54.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:55.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:56.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:57.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:58.61   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:46:59.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:00.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:01.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:02.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:03.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:04.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:05.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:06.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:07.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:08.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:09.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:10.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:11.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:12.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:13.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:14.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:15.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:16.55   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:17.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:18.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:19.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:20.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:21.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:22.53   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:23.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:24.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:25.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
01:47:26.54   An ability failed to cast because target validation failed: abilities\sector_artillery
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:14:02 PM by blackbishop »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
dude... if you are going to post multiple lines from warnings.log or any other file, wrap them around code tags.

Now, i didn't recommended to lower your graphics. I recommend download the updates if you don't have them.

Cannot download the patches? Look here!

I think this is going to help you.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »
dude... if you are going to post multiple lines from warnings.log or any other file, wrap them around code tags.

Now, i didn't recommended to lower your graphics. I recommend download the updates if you don't have them.

I try it  thanks 

(and please pardon my english )  :P

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »

I try it  thanks 

(and please pardon my english )  :P
Eh... why do you apologize?? it makes me feel like i write something wrong :-X... Don't even mention it, i should do the same since english isn't my first language.

But the thing about the code tags is true, it's difficult to read if not used.
Mors Indecepta

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
I reinstall the game and EF and all the new update   

still crashes .....

:( :'( help  I'm struggling
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:45:47 PM by donghaijie »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
@Breech
could you post your warnings.log and your dmp file right after the crash?

@donghaijie
could you post your warnings.log and your dmp file right after the crash?

warnings.log is located on My Games\Company of Heroes\.
CoH's dmp file is located on:

WinXP -> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp(you can access faster if you use the run box with %temp% command).

Win Vista & 7 -> C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp(you can access faster if you use the run box with %temp% command).

Or in weird cases, sometimes in C:\WINDOWS\Temp (you can access faster if you use the run box with temp command).

The dmp file has a generic name but you should be able to identify it by checking the date of creation.

Also, if you have this file with the date-time of the crash please submit it as well:

scarlog.####.####.txt
Located on My Games\Company of Heroes\LogFiles. For SCAR related errors. Replace the "#" for the current date and time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:29:15 PM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Offline Zuzundra

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
Hey guys.
One time, (on 9th page) Werty_5792 wrote that his game crashed when enemy tanks entered his base...
"Game crashed with me being russian and an american ally vsing 2 german. it crashed when their tanks had entered my base.
This was with the lastest patches out atm. i've attached requested log and dmp files
cant remember the name of the map but it was one of the custom EF maps (2v2)"

I & my friends are playing EF 3v3 and we have the same problem...
Is it any way to fix it?

p/s nobody answered Werty_5792 for his question =(
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:25:48 PM by Zuzundra »

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
here~  and I'm crashed   :-\
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:44:38 PM by donghaijie »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
Thanks for your cooperation guys! Your reports, along with many others from the previous pages have been submitted.

Let's hope that bugs will be fixed :).
Mors Indecepta

Offline SunnyKlaff

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:30 AM »

Montargis Region
Motherme
Seine River Dock
- Seine was the recent one
the fractions were
- Expert (Russia)
- Expert (Britian)
- Expert (Elite)
- Hard (Wehrmacht)
- Hard (Wehrmacht)

the game was at its peak alot of units where out and it just froze and i had to pull up task manger to get rid of the game

it wasnt so frequent before but now it starting to happen often

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:10 AM »
@SunnyKlaff
Moved your post because was in the wrong section.

Try lowering your settings. Your hardware is good enough, however CoH is unstable on Ultra-Settings especially on 32 bits OS.
Mors Indecepta

Offline donghaijie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
Thanks for your cooperation guys! Your reports, along with many others from the previous pages have been submitted.

Let's hope that bugs will be fixed :).
when  they can fix that ?  :-\
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:23:07 PM by donghaijie »