Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: my problem is, i can not get ef to start,it tells me ef is up to date after sta  (Read 7507 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
 my problem is i can not get ef to start,it tells me ef is up to date after i press start?? i can not find a fix on the forum
how do i get this work?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Please check that your path in settings is the correct one, CoH with Steam by default is in:

32 Bits OS -> "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes"
64 Bits OS -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes"

Retail CoH is on:

32 Bits OS ->"C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes"
64 Bits OS ->"C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes"

That's the only reason behind that error, someone has mistaken and instead of say "Wrong path" it says "up to date".
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
Also make sure you installed it to the correct folder when installing the game.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline darkmatter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Also make sure you installed it to the correct folder when installing the game.
if someone put ef on my computer,i would then know how to do it,this whole thing looks very backwards to me, but its just the way computers work i guess?i was never in to computers,I'm missing something when I'm installing ef ,what i do not know.too many parts to install,makes too easy to mess up,i have never done this b4 . i looked at the forum but I'm going around and around. can they just put it in to something and then click and play? when i ask people in coh about ef some people say it not working,it looks like u only want people who know about computer to play this mod,it feels like "i play ef because i know more than u about computers"i have this update(ef) on my computer for 4 or 5 weeks I'm still lost, too hard to install.in the computer world i feel like a bum(street person)i feel bad because of this problem!!!maybe a U-TUBE VIDEO could help install  ef!!                             

Offline GreenApple

• Guard
  • AppleCop
    • View Profile
    • EasternFront

An apple a day keeps the doctor away ;)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline darkmatter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Read, step by step => http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2236.0 [nofollow]
lol... that's what i call irony ;D...
well i did say i looked at the forums i followed your copy and paste answers and still no game "eastern is up to date"  i have 3 only mods work fine.i will uninstall coh and the other mods and just install coh and ef and see wht happens?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
a) Could you search on your pc where CoH (path where RelicCoH.exe) is located?
b) Could you compare if your path in EF settings is equals with the one that you found?

If eastern front isn't located on the same path that reliccoh.exe, you did something wrong dude :P...

Before

After

Retail Default Path:

Steam Default Path:

Mors Indecepta

Offline AbhMkh

• Commissar
  • Who Dares Win!!!
    • View Profile
 When eastern fronts is being installed , it will find the path where ur coh is installed , however if u change the install directory due low disk space or something , then try to reinstall it in the same directory where ur coh is installed

This is because the ef mods(and all the others too) run by passing parameters to the relicoh.exe file , here the work is done by the launcher to help the not so "computer savvy" guys

If u have installed ef in another directory the ull need to construct the shortcut ur self(which im very sure ud not want to ;D)

cheers :)
The sound of 17 pounder ap shells tearing down panzers

Is music to my ears!!

Offline darkmatter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
When eastern fronts is being installed , it will find the path where ur coh is installed , however if u change the install directory due low disk space or something , then try to reinstall it in the same directory where ur coh is installed

This is because the ef mods(and all the others too) run by passing parameters to the relicoh.exe file , here the work is done by the launcher to help the not so "computer savvy" guys

If u have installed ef in another directory the ull need to construct the shortcut ur self(which im very sure ud not want to ;D)

cheers :)
its ok,i uninstalled all mods and coh. installed again works fine now!

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Enjoy Eastern Front :)
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Sgt_Tenor

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Edit: yeah I guess you have to start from 1.1. Though again its confusing as the front page says 1.2 full. got it to run. Now waiting for the mp Patch to install.

So do I Download the full 1.2 or 1.10 then click 'look for updates'? Also it is unclear which patch version to have. I only have COH. OF won't install.  I've patched COH to 2.101 This in no way is close 2.601

as per that relic site

Company of Heroes 1.00 - 1.40.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.20 - 1.40.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.30 - 1.40.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.40 - 2.101.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.50 - 1.51.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.51 - 1.60.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.60 - 1.61.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.61 - 1.70.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.70 - 1.71.torrent
Company of Heroes 1.71 - 2.101.torrent

Are we talking TOV? which I don't have. This mod looks great! Want to try it out. Wondering if the Company if heroes beta is conflicting with this?

I know I installed it in the folder buy it still says up to date
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:03:38 AM by Sgt_Tenor »

Offline Jimbosmith

• Commissar
    • View Profile
You need to have 2.601 company of heroes patch installed for the mod to work. In the menu awell you can activate products so you can just use the CD key to install OF if your having problems.

Even though the 2.601 patch says its for TOV it works for all the released versions of COH

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
a) Could you search on your pc where CoH (path where RelicCoH.exe) is located?
b) Could you compare if your path in EF settings is equals with the one that you found?

If eastern front isn't located on the same path that reliccoh.exe, you did something wrong dude :P...

Before

After

Retail Default Path:

Steam Default Path:

Awesome wallpaper! Can I have it? :D:D

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Awesome wallpaper! Can I have it? :D:D
Yeah :P.
Mors Indecepta