Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front News #13.02.2009  (Read 29067 times)

Apex

Re: Eastern Front News #13.02.2009
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
Red Guard sometimes had moustaches. It's unrealistic to have them without mustaches.

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Eastern Front (mod)
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
If I make this mod, I’ll make:
Sappers – first unit, created in “Stavka” (HQ), builders, can be upgraded Mine-detector, can mined like U.S. combat engineer, armed by rifles.
Redarmymen – basic unit, created in “Kazarms” (barracks).
Guardians – elite unit.
Sniper, Mortar team, MG team,
Officer – similar to British or Axis.
Call-in doctrinal unit:
Naval Infantry
Assault engineers (who can be upgraded flamethrower)
We do not need so many infantry units. If do not count support teams, British have 2 type + 2 type of officer + 1 doctrinal , the U.S.A have 2 type + 2 type doctrinal. I think for the Red Army 2-3 type + 2 doctrinal is enough too. But now we have 4 undoctrinal units.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:08:00 PM by UeArtemis »
I believe in one thing only, the power of the human will. © Joseph Stalin

Offline MrScruff

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »
But now we have 4 undoctrinal units.

we ?

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
Or You ^_^
We all, who will be play in this mod and who make it.

Offline 221

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
Red Guard sometimes had moustaches. It's unrealistic to have them without mustaches.

Why dont you lay of the realistic talk, and answer my previeus post.

EDIT: lol, "sometimes". That makes them accaptable to portray without moustasches if you where going for a full blown realistic game.
But please stop this realistic talk..

@Devs

How many ideas have come from fans?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:12:10 PM by iTRemeN »
Россия!

Offline TheAllMihtyOne

• Commissar
  • красный армия
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »
CoH is not an ultra realistic game if you havent realized that. And why is that? Because its goal is having fun, and not having your tanks dead with one shot. Everything in here is stylised. So dont try to do things like forbidding us playing in stalingrad and berlin because of some uniform bla bla. 

if a realalistic game is what you want then wy dont you go to some one alse and beg for a Realistic mod for CoH, if you havent niticed this is a EF mod not Realistic, the name of the mod shuld be enugh to tell you that,

this qoute is not something agoainst the one who wrote it i just used it as an argument against the ones who did not write it.
The GrimReaper is walking the Earth collecting Suols

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 08:32:16 PM »
Not critic now. I have question: what symbols you will use on “shields” of units?
P.S. Good logo for mod. It is excellent, much better than old.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:51:43 PM by UeArtemis »

Offline 221

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 08:39:14 PM »
CoH is not an ultra realistic game if you havent realized that. And why is that? Because its goal is having fun, and not having your tanks dead with one shot. Everything in here is stylised. So dont try to do things like forbidding us playing in stalingrad and berlin because of some uniform bla bla. 

if a realalistic game is what you want then wy dont you go to some one alse and beg for a Realistic mod for CoH, if you havent niticed this is a EF mod not Realistic, the name of the mod shuld be enugh to tell you that,

this qoute is not something agoainst the one who wrote it i just used it as an argument against the ones who did not write it.

None wrote that they wanted a realistic mod. Thats why i tell him to stop talking about realistic stuff all the time.
Россия!

Apex

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
I have question: what symbols you will use on “shields” of units?

It is already in the mod, but it is kinda hard to see because moddb is always decreasing the quality of the videos a lot. Units have squad shields based on their purpose, and infantry shields are based on rank insignia. We also have custom squad shield weapon icons.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »
And if your not allowed to say what you think there is no reason for you to have this forum.

A lot of other forums would have closed a topic like this by now, or started whipping out the ban stick.
We're not fascists, you can say whatever you want, but you need to expect an equal response in return. You can't expect say "This is Horrible!! Add this and this and this!!!" and not expect some hostility in return. We are doing this because the majority, if not ALL people who have played CoH have wanted to see the Soviets added, and we are doing this to the best of our ability. If that's not good enough, or you feel we're ignoring you, we are sorry, but don't expect us to deviate very far from our expected path. The mod has been worked out on paper and now its beginning to be set in stone, we want this released as quickly as we can therefor any major chages like the adding of new units, the changing of stats and/or the doctrine models has to be minimal. We won't be able to get anywhere if we just sit fiddling with the game mechanics for months on end, adding a unit here, deleting one there.

That is how a forum works. You cant just say, your ideas are bad!! Because this unit and that wont work!

We have not said "You idea's are bad", we have said "Keep it Balanced". These super-sappers you seems to want included would mess up the game balance, but in no way is it a bad idea.

EDIT2: I have just read your post more carefully. "One builder unit cannot dominate the other in a balanced game". This I belive was said by Diablo "We already have a force of 4 Sappers that can take down the Pion's with ease". So I just based my engineers on hes statement. dont flame me for it.

The Allied Engineer's also dominate the Pioneers, its not just the Soviet ones.
I acctually just tried to kill some Pions and I may have to take back my last comment since my sqaud got ripped to shreds, with the Pions taking a minimal loss of health. I tried again behind light cover and managed to kill the Pioneers however, so it differs greatly given your squads cover status. ;)

P.S. Good logo for mod. It is excellent, much better than old.

Thank you, I thought we needed a change. Will work on it a lot more given we get the models finished and in game. ;)

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »
It is already in the mod, but it is kinda hard to see because moddb is always decreasing the quality of the videos a lot. Units have squad shields based on their purpose, and infantry shields are based on rank insignia. We also have custom squad shield weapon icons.
Interesting. You use ranks of begin or end of the war?

About super sappers… Assault engineers aren’t basebuilders, they are destroyers. If in mod was some Assault doctrine, it will be cool, because the Assault engineer-sapper troops used TNT, РОКС-3 (flamethrower),  body armor, OT-34 (flamethrower tank) and ПТ-34 (mineroller tank). They can be like commandos by gameplay and flamethrower and mineroller tanks are already in the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:12:27 PM by UeArtemis »

Offline Brewsky

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
This is freakin' ridiculous. Pardon my french. But the guys have been working their ASSES of to make this mod the best it can be. And you're getting pissy because they are doing it the right way? Just stop freaking posting on this if all you have to say is bitch and moan because it's annoying. If you want an EF mod made your way. Go make your own one. Otherwise. STFU. Like I said before Apex and team. You guys freaking rock the CoH world.

Offline TheAllMihtyOne

• Commissar
  • красный армия
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
Go Team!  ;)
The GrimReaper is walking the Earth collecting Suols

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »
I simply say how it can be. There is only one wrong thing: how looks Guards. They looks like nazy now.
I don’t have any skill to go to the mod team :(

Apex

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »
Recognition is an important factor here. Units have to look different so friend and foe can distuinguish them. Conscripts - Pilotka cap, Regulars - Sleeping bags and helmet, guards - coats and armwraps.