Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Update 5: Panzer Kampf Kommand  (Read 63181 times)

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Update 5: Panzer Kampf Kommand
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
I hope you don't change PIII-skin anymore. It looks so sweet, probably the best CoH screen I've ever seeen  :-*

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »
I hope you don't change PIII-skin anymore. It looks so sweet, probably the best CoH screen I've ever seeen  :-*

+1, looks so nice. But do you have a skin of it without metal skirts? Does it have an other camo?
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
One comment on the Marder II.. It looks like an SdKfz. 132, but has the wheels of the Panzer 38 (t). As far as I remember, there was only a Marder III on the chassis of Panzer 38 (t).
The chassis the SdKfz 132 that Marder II uses should be the one of Panzer II Ausf. D1 and D2.
But I may be wrong, only the tracks are looking strange to me.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
You mean, the design of the wheels? It's not from a Panzer 38(t) ;D!

Quote from: BurroDiablo
[...] Marder II is also modified off an old Panzer II Ausf.C I had made before we decided we'd rather have the Luchs. [...]

The design of the wheels of the marder II are just an oversized ones from Pz II Ausf C.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
[...]But I may be wrong, only the tracks are looking strange to me.
look at this picture they look fine to me
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Chancellor

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »
PE is already field grey so we've chosen to give them mid-late camo scheme. I like the Field grey I gave the the Marder, but having a mix of Camo units and then some field grey units may look a little off. I dunno, it's currently being discussed, but I think most, if not all, buildable Ostheer vehicles will be camo'ed.

I thought you guys were trying to stick to the Relic fieldgrey scheme?  It would look odd that the Ostheer is camo while the other German factions remain fieldgrey.

Soviets aren't camoed either (which is good) so Ostheer would probably be the only faction that looks like it came out of a forest hut instead of a war machine.

I'm loving the Marder II skin though.  It reminds me a little of Mr Scruff's fieldgrey skins which I always liked.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:15:28 PM by Chancellor »

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 12:33:45 AM »
Boooooooo-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ;D ;D ;D

Really nice shite, StuG III, finally  :-*

I don't know who made it, but I guess Burro was it. Right?
Yes, is his fault ;).

Awesome models as always... :D SO much detail! Good job!

Post Merge: March 16, 2011, 02:39:45 PM
One thing in my mind... Will the Pz 3 loose the Panzergranate abilty with the "stubby" cannon or it will loose with the 7,5 cm upgrade. Just to keep the balance.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:39:45 PM by TheReaper »

Offline MBJrP36

• Donor
  • Guard
  • Good luck with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
why does the 7.5cm upgrade reduce firepower against tanks? in reality the stubby was the replacement for the 50mm because it could shoot HEAT rounds giving the PZIIIN the same firepower as a 
T-34/41' allowing it to go toe-to-toe with it's foes while gaining the extra HE strength. Also Bumbbar had a ball mounted coax MG34 standard on all production models.
They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
why does the 7.5cm upgrade reduce firepower against tanks? in reality the stubby was the replacement for the 50mm because it could shoot HEAT rounds giving the PZIIIN the same firepower as a 
T-34/41' allowing it to go toe-to-toe with it's foes while gaining the extra HE strength. Also Bumbbar had a ball mounted coax MG34 standard on all production models.

What? Longer barrel = higher velocity = effective penetration = damage

short barrel sucks against armour.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »

Well. Panzer III Ausf. N was designed to retake the role of Panzer IV; a heavy support unit. New grenades allow Panzer III with the short 7,5cm KwK to destroy T-34 but main role was the support of infantry and/or Tiger-tanks [7,5cm KwK was designed to be able to fire indirect on targets].

About Brummbär: The early model hadnt a MG. A number of Brummbär tanks were rearmed with a MG later. They formed a "late mid production version" of the Brummbär. The late production version had always a MG.

About camo:
Well...Ostheer will need a different skin. The reason is quiet simple:
How do u identify infantry and tanks on the field?
Wehrmacht had a kind of a light gray. PE used a "blue-dark-gray".
Wehrmacht infantry had standard equipment, a lot of PE soldiers using "advanced equipment" like the Flak crew with an optical Panzerfaust at the back or more mg-cords. But how do u want to identify Ostheer infantry? Again a different version of gray oO
So out of my view Ostheer will need something different and camo could be a solution.
May the force be with you.

Offline MBJrP36

• Donor
  • Guard
  • Good luck with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
What? Longer barrel = higher velocity = effective penetration = damage

short barrel sucks against armour.
[/quote]

The design of the barrel affects AP just as much as the length, HEAT rounds allow far greater firepower than normal AP rounds while not needing more barrel length, the same principle was applied to the US M60 MBT and the Sheridan Light Tank post-war.
They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
Ostheer will need something different and camo could be a solution.

+1 giieef camo

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »
But camo is nonsense. Why not clown shoes and bunny tails then?

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »
But camo is nonsense. Why not clown shoes and bunny tails then?

But then the name of game will be - Company of Clowns: Eastern Circus. (joke)

Anyway camo or not camo, everything will be good.

Chancellor

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »
Real men don't hide in bushes!  Real men wear their country's colors with pride!   ;D

But seriously, I hope the Ostheer vehicles can just be another shade of fieldgrey or hopefully EF can open up to skin modding.  The Marder II and Panther skins look so great; it'd be a shame to get rid of them.