Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Update 6: Ostheer Army Troops  (Read 91729 times)

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Update 6: Ostheer Army Troops
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 10:35:50 PM »
nice update!
i just hope we wont get ugly brown tigers, again  :-\

Offline vadlama

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
If there will be more foregin troops, then there will be difference between the romanian or italian or hungarian or the others? I mean, like the wehrmacht, volks, grenadiers, knight cross? italians comes with smg, romanians with rifle, etc? or they will be the same, just other names and skins?

is the Sdkfz/263 have something weapon, so it can defend itself? or deployable like the PE scout car?

the "Panzerkrieg!" and the "Ostkrieg!" active or passive ability?

and as I see, there will be no off-map arty support, just the "Aces High!" (and I think it will be a little, fast bombdrop)

and the recon planes are like the british radio triangulation (a lot of red dot on the map) or like american recon run?

With respect!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
1.  Does the Luftwaffe Recon Command function differently from America's Recon Airborne ability?  If not, what reasons did you guys have for choosing this ability?
Well, the recon works the same i guess, besides you need the command vehicle. And will help brandenburgers to get behind enemy lines.

2.  In the Luftwaffe Recon Command is the "stuka support" the same as "Aces High!"?  If not, what exactly does "stuka support" do?
Is the same.

3.  What are panzernests and trip wires?  Are they equivalent to tank traps and barbed wire?
This is a panzernest:

It's a "small" metal bunker.

Trip wires could be like those fire traps of the Schwim. But will be a booby-trapped wires instead ;).

4.  There's only a single player active ability that does damage (Aces High!), what were your reasons for doing this?  Not criticizing your choices, simply curious why this was done.
I don't think i can answer that XD.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »
nice update!
Yes, those Brown Tigers will be for Ostheer, i like that brown skin though ;D!
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
If there will be more foregin troops, then there will be difference between the romanian or italian or hungarian or the others? I mean, like the wehrmacht, volks, grenadiers, knight cross? italians comes with smg, romanians with rifle, etc? or they will be the same, just other names and skins?

is the Sdkfz/263 have something weapon, so it can defend itself? or deployable like the PE scout car?

the "Panzerkrieg!" and the "Ostkrieg!" active or passive ability?

and as I see, there will be no off-map arty support, just the "Aces High!" (and I think it will be a little, fast bombdrop)

and the recon planes are like the british radio triangulation (a lot of red dot on the map) or like american recon run?

With respect!
The Sdkfz 263 will be like PE's scout car i guess. If they would be the same, we wouldn't add different foreign units. The storch will do a similar job than recon run i guess.

Yeah, there's no arty support... but you have the brummbar :D.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
nice update!
Are you dishing my skins?
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »
army elite doctrine ftw? yes plz
Soviet is OP

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 01:57:33 AM »
I realize, that paratroopers for a german faction is a life-time dream of many axis players since the very first release of the vanilla, but that's just too much, guys.
Infiltration? Yes, but make it partisan-like. Germans para-dropping in SU? Well, there have been A COUPLE of such, but on that scale, you're proposing - that's pure bullshit, and that's OP.
And don't tell me, it's WIP,- it's paradrops, I know, what these are.

Post Merge: April 15, 2011, 02:18:31 AM
To people, who are going to argue, that these could be some "western front" paratroopers mainly, I recall the dev. team (in part, at least) stating OH as the direct counter to SU, and no less than that. So, I suppose, it should reflect axis forces on the eastern front, not in Italy, etc.,- that's what other axis factions are there for, to begin with.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:18:31 AM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 03:32:07 AM »
I realize, that paratroopers for a german faction is a life-time dream of many axis players since the very first release of the vanilla, but that's just too much, guys.
Infiltration? Yes, but make it partisan-like. Germans para-dropping in SU? Well, there have been A COUPLE of such, but on that scale, you're proposing - that's pure bullshit, and that's OP.
And don't tell me, it's WIP,- it's paradrops, I know, what these are.

Post Merge: April 15, 2011, 02:18:31 AM
To people, who are going to argue, that these could be some "western front" paratroopers mainly, I recall the dev. team (in part, at least) stating OH as the direct counter to SU, and no less than that. So, I suppose, it should reflect axis forces on the eastern front, not in Italy, etc.,- that's what other axis factions are there for, to begin with.
The invasion began what, June 1941? So was that before or after Mercury? After Mercury major Fallschirmjager air drops became rare doue to the disaster Mercury was in the beginning.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 03:55:00 AM »
The invasion began what, June 1941? So was that before or after Mercury? After Mercury major Fallschirmjager air drops became rare doue to the disaster Mercury was in the beginning.
Germans didn't really exercise a lot of paradropping during that war. So these guys, doctrinally dropping from above in copious numbers (everybody loves to spam call-in elite, +the "super reinforcement" thing), is like that ridiculous V-rocket firing at military targets.

— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:56 AM »
Germans didn't really exercise a lot of paradropping during that war. So these guys, doctrinally dropping from above in copious numbers (everybody loves to spam call-in elite, +the "super reinforcement" thing), is like that ridiculous V-rocket firing at military targets.
I don't see a reason why this should be discarded. If can be balanced and it's not a crazy idea, i don't see a problem.
Mors Indecepta

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 04:05:35 AM »
I don't see a reason why this should be discarded. If can be balanced and it's not a crazy idea, i don't see a problem.
Still, wouldn't be accurate would it?
Although then again, you have Penal Conscripts running around also...
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 04:09:02 AM »
Although then again, you have Penal Conscripts running around also...
It's like comparing a club to a machine-gun...

— forever.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 05:01:59 AM »
So, I suppose, it should reflect axis forces on the eastern front, not in Italy, etc.,- that's what other axis factions are there for, to begin with.

Mussolini sent a large number of troops (relatively small compared to Germany as a whole, but enough to be significant) to fight on the eastern front, and there were Italian divisions in Stalingrad at the time of the siege. Of course, they were devastated due to the horrible morale, and the losses at Stalingrad really de-moralized Italians back home.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »
So, I suppose, it should reflect axis forces on the eastern front, not in Italy, etc.,- that's what other axis factions are there for, to begin with.

Mussolini sent a large number of troops (relatively small compared to Germany as a whole, but enough to be significant) to fight on the eastern front, and there were Italian divisions in Stalingrad at the time of the siege. Of course, they were devastated due to the horrible morale, and the losses at Stalingrad really de-moralized Italians back home.
Man, RE-READ my message, you've quoted here, and get it: it's not about italian troops, it's about absurdness and OPness of axis elite paratroopers.

— forever.