Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Victory Day! День Победы!  (Read 12422 times)

Offline SnappingTurtle

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Day! День Победы!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:33 PM »
But all this crap has no relation to the Great Victory of OUR people over the rotten fascist scums 66 years ago. So take your pathetic pennies to some other porch, where it's needed.

Your nationalistic pride is showing. It wasn't one people vs another people, it was just people vs people, like any war. And like any war, all it did was lay the seeds of animosity for a future war. I'm not attacking you or Victory Day or your celebrating Victory Day, though in the grand scheme of things I don't agree with it. I just like to discuss global affairs in abstraction.
Steam
CoH name: totalrecall

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 01:25:18 PM »
Guys, calm down, please.

The Victory Day seems very important for IJoe and Sturmovik ( and other lads too), for sure they are angry about every claim that this wasn't victory of people of Russia. I'd rather say that was victory of all mankind, who defeated unhuman, violen, oppressive totalitarian system. I'm not a nazi fanboy, thought I don't like communists aswell. It's just about how you interpretate this day - I'll always think about 9th of may as a day when finally people of whole world prevailed and crushed nazism. If you have scales on your eyes, you will see this day as a day of communism victory, or other stupid and pointless names. This will show others that you're narrow-minded. Be tolerant, because of untolerance we had systems like nazism or fascism.

You may get furious about that, but whatever Red Army did, we owe them, at least partially, respect, because they crushed Third Reich. Thanks to simple people, who were forced out of their homes to fight the war not for their lives, but for lives of their families, and for life in freedom, not nazi occupation.

Glory to them!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
Sigh... I should have forseen this, I'll lock this topic. Not that anyone cares.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...