Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 5225 times)

Offline HostileAmerican

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Suggestion
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »
A few friends and I where wondering if there was anyway that CoH could be "windowed"
as in Alt+enter or window mod/setting? This came up b/c some of us have 2+ monitors and multi while getting a game going. Just an idea that i thought is worth mentioning.

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Eastern Front (mod)
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »
I propose to add in the game the Naval Infantry (marines - "morpehi") with SVT-40, machine-gun belts, Degtyarevs and etc.
When infantry were armed mostly by Mosin rifle, morpehs had SVT-40.    
They shot very fast and Germans thought that enemis were armed by machine guns.
If "commandos" (British paratroopers) are the red devils, then morpehs are the black devils.

During the years of World War II about 350,000 Red Navy sailors fought on land in the many 650 man naval infantry battalions, six regiments (purpose raised with two battalions each) and 40 brigades (each with 5-10 battalions using surplus ship's crews), plus numerous smaller units. Five of the brigades were awarded with Guards designation. The NI conducted over 114 landings with most being by platoons and companies, the rest fought as regular foot infantry without any amphibious training. The NI conducted four operations which involved a large number of troops: two were conducted on the Kerch peninsula, one was conducted at Novorossiysk and the other was conducted at Moon Sound in the Baltic. The Soviet experience in amphibious warfare in World War II contributed to the development of Soviet operational art in combined arms operations. Many elements in the SNI were parachute trained and the SNI conducted more drops and successful parachute operations than the VDV. In the beginning of the war the Red Navy had only one brigade of marines in the Baltic fleet, but with the start of the war began forming and training of brigades, battalions and brigades. The military situation demanded the dispatch of large numbers of Marines on the land fronts, so the NI contributed to the defense of Moscow, Leningrad, Odessa, Sevastopol, Stalingrad, Novorossiisk, Kerch. During the fighting 5 brigades and two battalion of were awarded Guards status, 9 brigades and six battalions were awarded Orders, and many were awarded vacant honorary titles. 122 Naval Infantrymen were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
bullet is fool, bayonet is whiz!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:07:56 PM by UeArtemis »
I believe in one thing only, the power of the human will. © Joseph Stalin

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
I made a suggestion that marines be a tov unit to exchange regulars in a later release, but all the units are already ingame: as a dev I'm surprised you didn't know already...
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
Well, I propose to make a doctrinal unit.
I know that developers do not want to change anything. But now infantry in the game is not realistic.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 04:06:07 PM by UeArtemis »

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »
Whilst Marines are a pretty cool idea the Devs have always said that EF doesn't aim for ultra realism.
Just like vCoH it will take some "artistic license" as it were.

For me, and perhaps most people who play CoH, gameplay over absolute realism  :)

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
that said, the idea is iteresting and would make for a good tov upgrade unit
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline TheAllMihtyOne

• Commissar
  • красный армия
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
ya marines would be realy cool, but do i understand this right: did the NI only wear the ammo belts for look?
The GrimReaper is walking the Earth collecting Suols

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 12:45:40 AM »
No, they used this ammo for rifles - SVT-40 shoot fast. If you use ammo belts, you can take more ammo.
It is for look only if with ППШ.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:48:28 AM by UeArtemis »

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 03:14:33 AM »
Aye its definately a good idea for a ToV style "army customisation" unit. Which, from looking at the guide on the relic forums isn't too difficult to achieve.

Anywho, see how the first release goes before we start thinking of extra work for the devs to do :D