Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Will the Sturmtiger be the new monster?  (Read 6030 times)

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Will the Sturmtiger be the new monster?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »
Although...what?  A shorter reload and lower cost per shot?  Are you kidding? o.0

Paying more per shot from the Sturmtiger will obviously be more expensive than the AVRE, it's a 380mm rocket.  How does one may more for a 290mm artillery round than a 380mm rocket?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline Andreas

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
I think i can see what andreas is trying to say (i may be wrong) but this is a reward unit for an assault gun/self propelled artillery unit its not meant to be a tank killer and im not sure why you would want yet another dedicated heavy tank killer when you have the elephant and others to fill that role.

I am just saying that it doesn't make sense to include it, if it is going to be tuned Down to the level of the KV-2 or AVRE. Then it would make much more sense to include just the Brummbär.

It would be like including a Railway gun,l and tune it down to a hummel. I know it's not entirely realistic, but it just doesn't make sense..
It would be like including a Tiger/King tiger and tune it down to a Panzer IV...
 If they included the IS-2 with the stats of a T34 - that would just be silly.

You get the point. Either it will be very expensive, and be a monster. Or else it will just be a joke.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »
Well. We have to balance this weapon and that is the reason why realism is on "secondary priority".
We wanted to add a strong mobile weapon and not a "all killing super tank".
May the force be with you.