Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Released  (Read 164830 times)

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Released
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »
More factions doesn't mean the game will be better. If I were devs, I'd remove totally RMC. They're unnecessary work. But like they wrote, they're gonna make a pool about it and I hope it will be ready soon.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:29:45 PM by TheDzierzanPL »

Offline Marshall

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:27 PM »
Hello guys,

I have to say, Eastern Front is probably the most advanced mod I've seen so far.
Thing is, I can't run it, and I have no idea what the reason might be. I installed the mod correctly. When I start the launcher and click 'Play' my Steam status changes to 'in-game' but except that nothing happens - the game doesn't start. When I try to click 'Play' button again Steam displays a message saying 'Application already running'. Besides, when I run Task Manager it displays RelicCOH as an active process, however, as I mentioned, nothing happens and all I can see is my desktop. What can I do to make it run correctly? Please help.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
It takes a while to start on some pcs. Just wait like 30 seconds and it willmost likely start. If it doesn't start within 1-2 minutes there's something wrong, though.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Marshall

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 12:21:26 AM »
Lol, you were right. It took my old PC more than 2 minutes to start COH: EF but it eventually did it. A little patience is all I needed. Thanks! :)

Offline Michaelcycle13

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »
In answer to Marshall, I have that problem too and I'm running some great gaming comps here in my home. I found that pressing 'play' and then waiting some time, and then going to the start-bar and clicking the steam icon to go into 'library', that once library for steam is opened it'll snap to launch.
I'd like to add my thoughts to the mod, I was apart of the Beta and made some suggestions but I'd like to see some things fixed.
1. Marder II health, my Marder was getting ripped to pieces at range against a T-70, takes three shots from the russian tin-can to render the Marder useless.
2. Russian MG Bunker health, Apparently a Panzer IV and two panzerjager squads cannot silence a Russian bunker when it's being repaired by two damaged russian engineer squads. (When I say damaged I mean there are 1 or 2 people left in each squad). The Russian bunker repairs sooo quickly! Was repairing faster than my forces could damage.
3. Capturing Rate on Panzerjagers, too slow man... too slow...
4. The great Famo cannot revive enemy tanks, ran into the problem multiple times, couldn't get back T-34's.
5. Crumbled enemy T-34's now vanish from the battlefield, not ran over, not destroyed ruins, just vanish.
6. Panzerjagers are inefficient against enemy armor, several scenarios show lack of accuracy and health.
7. T-34's match Panzer VI? They seem to act equivalent in the mod, dealing similar damage. Not sure if that's intentional.
8. Panzerfusiliers match Command Squad? They seem to act equivalent in the mod, dealing similar damage. Not sure if that's intentional.

Anyways, those are the issues I've uncovered so far, some might be intentional but I'd like to voice my opinion. Besides that...
FANTASTIC WORK! Ostheer is amazing and it more developed and structured since it's Beta phase, excellent work guys. I'm going to go on and play right now actually.

Offline Michaelcycle13

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Okay just played another game. Got some more to add
1. T-34, is wayyy too good, too good at running men over and deals out too much damage. Armor is too thick, not historical and not realistic.
2. In-balance with a two bar vet mortar and jagers. A squad of Jagers was point blank against the mortar and the single mortar riflemen annihilated the entire squad.
3. Cocktails, I threw two cocktails at a damaged sturmpanzer, and it died. ??? Whaaattt?
Anyways that's my piece of advise.

Offline Mad hatters in jeans

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »

2. In-balance with a two bar vet mortar and jagers. A squad of Jagers was point blank against the mortar and the single mortar riflemen annihilated the entire squad.
Looks like those Jagers messed with the wrong mortar crewman. XD

3. Cocktails, I threw two cocktails at a damaged sturmpanzer, and it died. ??? Whaaattt?
Anyways that's my piece of advise.
I haven't really tried the molotovs vs vehicles much, maybe they're reverted them to being good vs vehicles?

Offline AdmV0rl0n

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
Congratulations to the whole EF team. I am aware that you have put in enormous work on this, and you have added personally to my enjoyment of the game to a huge degree and I want to thank you here, and now for all your efforts.

As an aside, I'm personally sad to see you remove RMC. I really think thats something you guys should have discussed more widely before making your choice. The RMC were frankly better than the normal brits, at least not as unhinged. You've put so much work in to make them and now throw that away? I don't understand. Surely the team of people who put all that work in must not be happy to see it die? You made a better brit faction, with IMHO better balance in terms of the game than relic did.. and you reove it?

Although you are right, your focus was the Eastern Front, Stalin asked the Brits repeatedly for a second front. So I appeal to your whole team here and now, provide the front in game as you did and put the RMC back :) To quote history ! 'second front now!' :)

Balance can be worked on, but honestly, I like Eastern Front because you guys add content into the game. Its almost always been as solid as a production release, and you guys should be rightly proud. But please be aware, your value is in adding in the units, not in removing chunks. Its now a less rich, less interesting, less fun add on.

For now, while I appreciate the Osteer, I can't change my version. I prefer the RMC. This obviously means I can only play with friends on the same version, but what can I do.

However this pans out, thanks for your efforts, You guys have added immesurable fun to my CoH install for a long time

Offline Kavkazets74

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
Friends help please! I CoH is true pirate. I downloaded the Eastern Front and tried to install, choose the directory but running a regular where there is no Soviet Union in the fight :(. What am I doing wrong? :( :-[ ??? ???

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Friends help please! I CoH is true pirate. I downloaded the Eastern Front and tried to install, choose the directory but running a regular where there is no Soviet Union in the fight :(. What am I doing wrong? :( :-[ ??? ???
Using pirate CoH which is not the latest CoH version (2.700)

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 12:27:20 AM »
Using pirate CoH which is not the latest CoH version (2.700)

and we always said we wont support illigal versions of CoH

Offline Spieel

• Guard
  • It is I, Spieel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
I can't wait to try this, sadly still hasn't downloaded the 2.700  version as I'm still stuck in the stone ages with a 3gb cap... But mad props to you guys for releasing it. I'm definitely making a plan to get it now.

Offline DarkXess

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »

Hey guys, mind updating our link please? You have it directly to the download link and that would mess our download statistics up etc...

Also we spend a lot of time writing and putting up your download page. So if you dont mind, link to this one http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/index.php/files/file/28-eastern-front/ [nofollow] please, thanks :)
[nofollow]

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
which was my front section?

klaus i think we are wrong here...

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
which was my front section?

klaus i think we are wrong here...

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa