Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Some feedback  (Read 1482 times)

Offline anakond

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Some feedback
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:32:13 AM »
Great job on the Ostheer devs. A bit complicated and I still haven't figured out all the veterancy intricacies, but at least it shows great effort and desire to break up the teching linearity we had been introduced to with the release of OF.

As to the Red army changes, I am bit puzzled by the T-34 upgradability... 34/85 is a different chassis. Why remove the 34/76 option? Why add this silly munitions upgrade option? I think the tank hall necessitated no changes whatsoever.

Thanks again.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Some feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:56:34 AM »
T34/85 chassis is not that different from the T34/76, because the former just was an upgraded chassis from the latter and not a whole new chassis.

You should not be puzzled with the upgrade, because older T34/76s were upgraded to T34/85 and after the latter started to be produced, the former was no longer produced and they started replacing them.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 04:39:35 AM »
T34/85 only had it's ring enlarged to accept the 85mm turret, most other modifications to the hull were superficial. There were alot of T34/76's remanufactured to accept 85mm turrets.

Offline anakond

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Does it get an armor/health buff as well then?

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
I believe T34/85 have buffs on health and damage but should have no difference in armor stats. And perhaps higher upkeep too.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 02:33:55 PM »
I believe T34/85 have buffs on health and damage but should have no difference in armor stats. And perhaps higher upkeep too.
No, hitpoints are the same. It gets a different gun and a slightly increased chance to deflect enemy shots.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.