Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Officer or similar command unit  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Officer or similar command unit
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:17:54 AM »
Playing the Ostheer now I have noticed 2 big problems with their faction that such an officer could alleviate. 1: Ostheer troops have no way to get themselves out of suppression besides killing the suppressing unit. 2: Although the Ostheer have many ways to heal and reinforce outside of their HQ, none of them can be retreated to. This officer could be retreated to similar to the Brit Captain so as to regroup, reinforce from a nearby halftrack or field hospital and get out of suppression without being punished to retreat all the way back to HQ. The officer would also be able to use some ability that breaks suppression for a short time and might even make infantry move faster(similar to a command squad not that i think of it except being a single person and not being responsible for vet). The addition of a unit like this would certainly fix both of these issues.

(as a side note, I am against the Ostheer hospital truck only being deployable in the HQ area. there is no point of it being a vehicle so if you are set on not making it a copy of the Soviet medic truck I dont see the point in making it a halftrack and not a building)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Officer or similar command unit
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:36:18 AM »
army Elite has a global unlock on its rhs to get  landsers fusikiere and Other infantey to sprinting and break supression.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »
so their only method of breaking suppression is doctorine specifc?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
so their only method of breaking suppression is doctorine specifc?
It's not as if soviets have so many supression units that it's really a necessity to have non doctrinal clown runners around.
Also, Wehr and PE have no anti supression abilities at all (except for ftfl, which is doctrinal and only available on allied territory).

So, yes, their only method of breaking supression is doctrine specific.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 01:42:04 AM »
And when facing US/CW?
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline mayya

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:36:49 AM »

Regarding Ostheer Beta, we thank the support of the players who joined us and gave us feedback in the internal section of the forums, we also thanks the players for not giving up waiting for us to release Ostheer and we hope those who faltered to give Eastern Front a second chance now that Ostheer is being released. Now the release date is at hand, we would like to announce we have tweaked a bit the Soviet faction(but I guess a lot of you already knew about it).
mayya

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:06 AM »