Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer tiger  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
Ostheer tiger
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
Is the Ostheer tiger stronger or weaker than the wehr version?
640 MP and 130 Fuel and it's getting demolished by SU-85 that seems to have higher penetration and hit-chance.

It just seems like it misses infantry and tanks almost every shot while the cheap SU-85 destroys infantry and tanks at ease.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer tiger
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »
The Tiger is a long range AT sniper

That means it's most efficient when used while
a) not moving and
b) from range

The Ostheer Tiger has 45m range compared to 40m from Wehr Tigers (because of their special AT ammunition), and shares the same hitpoints/armour than the Wehrmacht Tiger. It's surely a beast to deal with, but you can't expect it to be a all destroying army (just like a non vet 3 Wehr Tiger is). With some earned veterancy it easily becomes the most powerful axis tank available.

However, if you really want to hunt down enemy tanks I'd advise you to build Panthers instead. Their accuracy on the move is much higher (15% more) and its damage is the same (both Panthers and Tiger I deal 137.5dmg per shot). Also, Panthers are more mobile, so they can actually flank enemy IS 2/ISU152 more efficiently.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
Thanks for your answer!
Tip of the week nr 1 right here =)

To bad i picked the Elite command tree and kept the tiger close instead of far away. Also moved it alot.
So much new to learn :D

Again thanks :)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »
Thanks for your answer!
Tip of the week nr 1 right here =)

To bad i picked the Elite command tree and kept the tiger close instead of far away. Also moved it alot.
So much new to learn :D

Again thanks :)
If you're playing elite you always have the choice to utilize your Jäger call in infantry. If you equip them with heavy tankhunter euqipment you get 2 wehrmacht schrecks + the ability to lay Ostheer Tellermines, which will help alot when dealing with enemy vehicles. Ofcourse, 100 ammo for the squad upgrade is pricey, but it's definately a very strong addition to your army. Elite armour + 2 Panzerschrecks will wreck down enemy SU 85s, T34s and even IS2s (when hitting their rear armour) easily.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
Good tip. I got the Stg for extra infantrystopping power, didn't know about his SU. I had map control most of the game and most of the fuel. He got more CP's than me so he got it right after i got the tiger. :) Shreks would've helped alot. And also not moving my tiger would've stopped it from missing so much!  ;D