Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Uniform change  (Read 4621 times)

Offline e22big

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Uniform change
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
Hi

Having, playing Ostheer for a few days I noticed that the uniform of German solider in Ostheer is rather dark and bland. I understand that for historical reason, this solider might really did dress like that in the eastern campaign, however this choice of color making the elite Jaeger look virtually identical to Landser and Panzerfusilier. The fact that the Brandenburger is essentially dress up as Soviet conscript doesn't make the situation any better, it make it look as there is no graphic improvement in Ostheer.

This is only my suggestion but it probably be better if you would consider changing a uniform of certain unit in to a different color tone to make every one of them more distinguishable.  For example the PE Panzer Grenadier is dressing in bright blue field uniform as oppose to its olive green Assault Grenadier and brown Fallshirmjager. The Knight Cross, Storm Trooper, and Wehrmacht trooper are also dress is a very different tome color which make them easier to distinguish from a far and add the feeling of diversity to the game which I really would like to see in your Ostheer.

Offline e22big

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Uniform change
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
The link below show some of the uniform that I think would be appropriate to use in your mod (the last picture)

http://www.gdrecon.co.uk/uniform.html

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
There are so much different skin packs outside.
Think it isnt a problem to modify the skin packs for OH.
To differ units on the battlefields unit icons are much more important
and out of my view Ostheer icons are great. Cant see a real problem?
May the force be with you.

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
I kind of have to agreed actually.
 Nothing wrong with the icons, they are great.
 My problem is that its waaay to many units with long coats ( Might just be me but it appear to that they are all wearing leather coats?).

You easily mix them up!
Give some of them differant camo uniforms instead and its easy to to see the differance :D.

Iam terribly sorry btw If it sounded like ¨HEY GUYS WE JUST RELEASES OSTHEER TO YOU FOR FREE and the first thing I do is to complain, That I dont mean. Just a little tip :>

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »
Too many troops with long coats? Are you sure? The only ones I have seen with long coats are the Panzerfusiliers and probably weapon team members(leig18, pak40), because Marksman, Jägers, Panzerjägers and Landsers do not have this cloth.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

TheVole

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
Too many troops with long coats? Are you sure? The only ones I have seen with long coats are the Panzerfusiliers and probably weapon team members(leig18, pak40), because Marksman, Jägers, Panzerjägers and Landsers do not have this cloth.

Both MG teams wear coats.

Offline ubermensche

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »
To be very honest, I also think that Ostheer needs some units with camo smocks like the Zeltbahn 41 or some winter white stuff. Trench coats are cool, but making everyone have them kinda makes it look...dull.
"These new recruits are the caca!"
"Our tanks are far better than that cheap Allied scheisse!"
"Screw this weapon, man!"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »

Both MG teams wear coats.
MG teams are weapon teams :P.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
They aint? WELL then, I rest my case!

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline jessicasmith

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »
Simply Google it and you can many more design and ideas
learn-language    newbielink:http://www.learn-language.me [nonactive]
Testking N10-005    newbielink:http://www.test-king.com/exams/N10-005.htm [nonactive]

Offline JustDOit8

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
I also think that the elite Jagers could get more clean looking uniform, lighter tone of grey than that of the Landsers. How about using the helmet you feature on the Jager unit picture,where they appear with a helmet used by WE stormtroopers? And add equipment from WE grenadiers maybe?

Since some Russian units winterized uniforms, it's a great idea having those for Ostheer, but there are just too many units with long coats and it's kind of funny seeing the panzerjager with short sleeves in summer uniform running around along with them.
As suggested previously by e22big, add some 'Wintertarnanzug' in  'Sumpfmuster-44' camouflage pattern for Panzerfusiliers to make them look more distinct.

In addition,  panzerjagers have a helmet with plain dark texture which  doesn's look too good imho  :-\ Give them long sleeves and some camo leafs for their helmets?