Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: To the Devs: haven't logged in for three years I seem to have missed a lot  (Read 1454 times)

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
I would like to say that I am impressed with all the work that has been put into this mod. I would also like to say that I am somewhat sad that the Eastern Front Mod didn't get the same sort of treatment that Rising Storm got for Red Orchestra. You guys deserved more in that sense.

I hope that Company of Heroes 2 didn't kill this mod right out. It's a great thing which I honestly would still play over CoH2, especially since they were bought out and became a pay to play based system almost *that was partially sarcastic not sure how you guys think of that stuff*

If any of you ever remember me, which I'd be surprised if anyone does, I'd like to say sorry for being an annoying child who posted way too much  :)

It seems like from what I remember the original intention of this mod is now complete. This makes me very happy as only a small percentage of mods actually find their way to completion, and after that hardly any of those find a way to continue life passed their final update and into future updates and changes that will keep this mod interesting for as long as players still play Company of Heroes.

I always liked to think this mod, and all of the lovely development you guys put into it was what created Company of Heroes two...which is why I was so sad to find you guys had little to do with it.

All of the information I have here is based off of little knowledge of what went down with the buyers so please forgive me for anything here which is false or inaccurate as it is purely out of not being in the loop for three years. I'd loved to be filled in on everything that happened, such as did you guys have to do anything major to switch over to the steam servers?

I know I'm supposed to look through the forums for all of this information...but three years is a lot to go through :D perhaps someone can pm me if they do remember me to help me fill in the holes.

cheers mates,
CommissarTom

*yah I also need to change my name now too*
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:51:59 PM by ford_prefect »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
I think what remains of the old Dev team still remember you :). You and Loup are well remembered :).

I hope you can join us once more in the forums :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
AHHH yes Loup! I haven't talked to that Canadian troll in ages! Him and his incessant demands for female Russian snipers haha. Well I'd like to say sorry for being so silly back then but hey, what is life if you're not silly once in a while? I remember the day I really pissed off one of the devs..I think his name was BurroDiablo or something of the sort...Well if he's still on I'd like to say sorry to him.

So all that stuff I said about CoH2 and some updates, any way you could sum up three years of modding for me? Wow that's a tall order...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
I can't remember getting annoyed with anybody, I'm nice people

And to sum up three years of modding - slow :P

Offline JuhwannX

• Beta Testers
  • Mr. Spam
  • Every night I get some serious pussy
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel, for EF shoutcasts.
It was terrible and we all hate you :P just kidding. Nice to meet you im juhwannx a new balancer. I hope youll become an active forum member in the future. Welcome back.  :)
YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCK WITH ME?! www.youtube.com/user/juhwannX

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
You are well remembered! Welcome back :D

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa