Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Make a Faction concept.  (Read 16421 times)

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
Make a Faction concept.
« on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:35 AM »
Basically for something to do for all the nerds like me who miss making old Ostheer concepts, basically make a concept now of any World War Two-era faction you want, and let's compare and compliment others fractions.:)

I'll be doing mine soon, no idea what of though

Wehrmacht Sturmtruppen - Faction Concept

If ever made into a mod of this faction based on this concept, the Wehrmacht Sturmtruppen are all about mobility and being the 'in your face' faction - There units cost mild amounts and are very good at doing what they're meant to do - But that ends at that. A Stormtrooper will be annihiliated against a Tank, and an AT unit will be annihilated by Infantry. They provide a more elite brutal approach to CoH to the user of the Wehrmacht Sturmtruppen.

Sturmkompanie Kommand

For a start, No 'HQ' building is provided to the Sturmtruppen. They simply are provided by a barracks that is protected by a rotary MG-34 Machine Gun for support. If destroyed it costs 480MP and 20FL to reconstruct.

UNIT: Sturmtruppen
MEN PER SQUAD:Five
COST: 370MP. 5PopCap.
HEALTH (Per man): 50
WEAPONARY (Starting): 5x Karabiner 98k Bolt-action Rifles
CAN PRODUCE:
-Barbed Wire, No cost.
-Propane Explosive, 50Munitions. Explosive planted underground that upon being touched by a hostile unit, will explode in a fiery blaze.
UPGRADES
-Pioneir Truppen: Replaces two Sturmtruppen with a Kombatpioneir armed with the MP-40 Sub machine gun. Capable of detecting nearby mines and building main structures. Costs 50 Munitions.
-Kombat Kommand: Adds an Offizier to the Sturmtruppen armed with a MP-40 Sub Machine gun. Unit suffers less from suppression and higher accuracy when under command of the Offizier. Costs 180MP and 40 Munitions.
-Panzerjager: Adds a single Panzershrek Anti-Tank weapon to the Sturmtruppen, making them capable of taking on armour. Costs 75 Munitions.
-MP44s: Equips all Sturmtruppen with MP44 Assault Rifles. 80 Munitions.
ABILITIES
Steilhandgraten 43: Throws a stick grenade at the enplacement selected. Costs 15 Munitions.
Barbed Wire Cutters: Cuts barbed wire.
Fur Deutschland (Requires Kombat Kommand): Unit is immune to suppression and deals more damage, at the expense of taking more.

UNIT: Sd.kfz 250 Halftrack Convoy
COST: 500MP, 25FL, 10 Munitions.
DEPLOYMENT: Called off map to apprive outside Sturmkompanie Kommand
ARMAMENT:1x MG-42 per Halftrack, Garrisoned Sturmtruppen.
NOTESOnly four Halftrack Convoys can be deployed per match.

Volkskommand Kompany

UNIT:MG-34 MMG.
MEN PER SQUAD: Four.
COST400MP, 10MU.
ARMAMENT:2x MG-34 MMG held by Volksgrenadiers, 2x Kar98k.
ABILITIES:Button Vehicle - Disables an enemy vehicle whilst the ability is lasting, 30 munitions.

UNIT:Panzerjager
MEN PER SQUAD:Two.
COST:400MP, 10MU.
ARMAMENT:2x Kar98k Rifles.
ABILITIES Use of 'Panzerfaust' AT Weapon for free, with shorter recharge.

UNIT:Scout Truppen.
MEN PER SQUAD: Three.
COST: 250MP.
ARMAMENT: 1x G41 Rifle, 2x Kar98k Rifle.
UPGRADES:
-RADIO - One of the troops (G41 holder) has a Radio to call in Field Artillery for 75 Munitions. If the radio operator dies, the ability is inactive.
-G41s FOR EVERYONE- Each Truppen is given a G41 Rifle. 70 Munitions.

Panzer Kommand

UNIT:Panzer III Ausf G
COST: 450MP, 35FL.
ARMAMENT: 50mm semi-automated loading Gun. Hull-mounted MG34 Machine Gun.
UPGRADES: Side skirts - Protection against AT Weaponary - 35 munitions.
MG-34 Turret mounted weapon - 35 munitions, if gunner is killed upgrade is useless. Protects against Infantry. If Gunner is killed however, new gunner can be ordered at a nearby HQ Building for 35MU.

UNIT:StuG III Self Propelled Assault Gun
COST: 450MP, 45FL.
ARMAMENT:75mm KwK Assault Gun. Hull mounted MG34 Machine Gun.
UPGRADES: Side skirts, Protection against AT Weaponary - 35 Munitions
Upgraded Periscope Sights, Increased range and sight of 75mm Gun - 40 Munitions.
ABILITIES Camoflague, can only be used if selected the 'Special Operations' Doctrine.

UNIT: SdKfz 234 'Puma' Armoured Car
COST: 520MP, 30FL.
ARMAMENT: 50mm Anti-Tank Gun, Rooftop mounted MG-42 Machine Gun.
UPGRADES:Side skirts - Protection against AT Weaponary - 35 Munitions.
ABILITIES: Blitzkrieg! - 45 Munitions, A shock accerlation at a nearby Infantry team that kills a quarter of the men and suppresses the rest.

UPGRADES: Panzerfausts for Everyone! - All units can use the Panzerfaust to combat Soviet, British and American Armour, for the cost of 35 Munitions. 75 Munitions for upgrade.

UPGRADES: Off-field Panzer Gruppe Deployment: - A deployment of two Panzer IIIs with Full upgraded and an Upgraded Panzer IV commanded by a Veteran from the Italian Front. Costs 150FL to buy Upgrade, 1100 manpower to use ability.

Sturmartillerie Kommand

UNIT: Panzerjager I Light Tank Destroyer
COST: 500MP, 25FL. 15MU.
ARMAMENT:47mm Light Anti Tank Gun, Exceptionally useful against Armoured Cars, Light Tanks and Halftracks.
ABILITIES: 4.7mm AT Rounds - Fire a single AT round, capable of doing damage against Medium Tanks. 30MU.

UNIT: Panzerwerfer
COST: 700MP, 50FL.
ARMAMENT: Nebelwerfer-style Rocket Artillery mount.
ABILITIES: Firestorm - Unleash a barrage of Incedinary rockets to a location. 40MU.

UNIT:10.5cm leFH18 Crew
COST: 450MP, 25MU.
ARMAMENT:1x 105mm leFH18 Artillery Piece dragged by two men, one man armed with StG44 Assault Rifle.
ABILITIES: Overwatch Artillery - Watch a sector for opposition forces and fire at them once discovered.

SPECIAL OPERATIONS DOCTRINE

Left Hand Side: National Support

2CP - People of the Fatherland
Costs 50 Munitions to activate, all production is spread up by +15 for three minutes

2CP - Fortress Defences

Gives your Sturmpioneirs the ability to construct Tank Traps and the Flak-88 Anti Tank/Anti Air gun.

1CP - Fleigerkommando

For 420 munitions, air drop in a Squad of five Kar98k armed Fleigerkommando, who are weak but heavily armed German soldiers. Can be upgraded to carry 5x Captured PPSh, 3x StG44 or 2x Scoped Kar98k.

Right hand side

1CP - Camoflague

All StuGs and Infantry units can now camoflague to gain ambush bonuses.

2CP - Blitz Artillery

For 75 munitions, three off-field Nebelwerfer units fire on a marked sector.

4CP - Pantherturm

Can now construct a Panthersturm Fortress turret

Korpskommand Doctrine

L SIDE: Improved Training Techiques

Strosstrüppen

Calls in a 7 man squad of Strosstrüppen armed with STG44's and Panzerbuchse 39 anti-tank rifles.
[2 CP]

Panzer I
Call in a MG armed Panzer I For anti-infantry purpose.
[1 CP]

[3CP] Elefant

Calls in a Elefant Tank Destroyer. Only 1 on the field at a time.

R SIDE: Großsdeutschland Support Brigade

Sniper Optics
Each soldier now has improved optics, doubling his vision.
[1 CP]

Anti-Tank caliber round
Calls in a single heavy 10.5cm anti-tank round, just 1 of them. HOWEVER, if aimed at a tank, it will AUTOMATICLY hit it's engine, slowing it.
[2 CP]

Blitzkrieg
A battle unit of 1x PanzerIII and 3x Strosstruppen arrive on the field.
[4CP]

Foriegn Support Doctrine

L SIDE: CZECH FACTORY SUPPORT

Increase Munitions
All Kar98k welding support units get a G41 in replacement.
[2 CP]

Resource Lend-Lease
You can send over FUEL and MUNITIONS to your allies, or if it's 1v1, store FUEL and MUNITION in your base, once this upgrade is purchased
[3CP]

Defense
All MG-34's on vehicles and Infantry are upgraded to MG-42s.
[2CP]

R SIDE: SLAVACK REGIONAL SUPPORT

Waffen-Grenadier

Calls in a 5 man support foriegn support unit from the most elite units in the Wehrmacht. No 'Nationality' is given.
Armed with 5x Steyr-Mannlicher M1895.

Fallschrimjager Panzer-Pioneer - 2CP.

Deploy's a unit of 5 man Panzer-Pioneer, armed with 4x MP38  and 1x FG42 Can Repair units, and Ride Tanks.

5CP Erzherzog-Albrecht-Marsch
U-Boat's from Karl Donitz's unit surrond The North sea., cutting off supplys for 5 minutes. [/i]

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:07:06 PM by Newbie. »

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Make a Faction concept.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
I actually think it's not possible to add more factions, since there's bugs with that (like players having to own all the expansions, or stuff like that).  But from just skimming it for a a few seconds, I can tell you that it looks promising. :)

An error: the Panzer III has a 50mm gun (not a 57mm, they haven't stolen American AT guns ;)), either the long barrel or the "stubby" barrel (as I affectionately call it).  And 35 Munitions for a 1-time MG gunner upgrade?  Seems like a waste - AFAIK you can't upgrade it again to get it back.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:49:58 PM by The Soldier »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
I actually think it's not possible to add more factions, since there's bugs with that (like players having to own all the expansions, or stuff like that).  But from just skimming it for a a few seconds, I can tell you that it looks promising. :)

An error: the Panzer III has a 50mm gun (not a 57mm, they haven't stolen American AT guns ;)), either the long barrel or the "stubby" barrel (as I affectionately call it).  And 35 Munitions for a 1-time MG gunner upgrade?  Seems like a waste - AFAIK you can't upgrade it again to get it back.

Most of this is just done for my own entertainment aha, I have such a boring life and this helps me be creative:P

Ah, thankyou, i'll be swapping it to a 50mm. Maybe I could add some kind of reinforcement type thing where the MG34 could be replaced at a local HQ for little price, not sure eithier

Offline LiefTundra

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
This is pretty cool  ;D but if you want to construct a faction that might make it into the mod or help give ideas to the devs, maybe you should construct a RMC like faction.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »
I drew this up and posted it on the Donor's Board a few days back but had little actual feedback except from Soldier

I decided to draw up for a plan for the RMC/new British. I've based the core army around the Guards Armored Division (mainly Grenadier Guards) present at Normandy, as well as at Market Garden, and at the Rhineland. The doctrines will be much more fun as well. All units will be capable of veterancy but command units will still be present, and still offer bonuses.

This is a very rough sketch, I haven't thought too much about the veterancy just yet, but I want to get a gauge from my fellow donors and the Devs for what they think of my design

Tier 0/HQ:

Fortified Glider HQ

Produces:
1) Sappers: Ye olde British Sappers, come in with a kit of 4 Lee-Enfield rifles. Can build MG Nests, Nest Trenches (more on them later), Mines, Tank Traps Barbed Wire, forward base gliders, and base buildings. May be upgraded with Minesweepers or Flamethrowers (with an upgrade)

Nest Trenches: A large circular trench which can be used as a mortar pit, an infantry slit trench, can be upgraded to a 25 Pounder emplacement or a Medical Trench (Tier 2 needed for either). Can only be built after T1 building is built.

Forward Base Gliders: Can be called in by Sappers, upon entry Sappers will fortify them to make a make-shift forward base (adds tent, sandbags, etc.). You can call out Assault Teams (with T2 built) or a specialized doctrinal unit. These are used to lock-down sectors, but you can only have one per sector and if you choose to lock-down a sector you cannot build units from it.

2) Lieutenant: A Leftenant of His Majesty's Guards, he can call in Specialized Sections from off-map (Command) with the T1 building and for some units, T2 building. These sections include: Bren Sections, PIAT detachments, Mortar Section, and Scout Detachment. Just as the vBrit Lieutenant, he can follow units and his veterancy grants them bonuses for damage received and cover effects, but it only applies to the unit he is attached to. Getting him veterancy allows him to gain radio contact with his squad, meaning he can provide his bonus without being attached. Armed with a M1928 Thompson SMG. He is needed to build the Tier 2 building.

Now for the Specialized Sections Leftenant can requisition:

a) Bren Sections: A Rifle Section with two Bren gunners in tow (6 men in total). Can throw Mills Bombs. Useful for early mobile suppression.

b) PIAT Detachment: A 4 man team, armed with a pair of PIATs and 2 Lee-Enfield rifles. Can set AT mines. Needs the T2 building built for requisition. Slow moving because of the weight of the PIAT and the ammo.

c) Mortar Section: A 4 man team, equipped with a 3-inch Mk2LR mortar. Can throw down Smoke rounds, HE rounds and Illumination rounds (acts like a Flare). Really squishy so it’s recommended they get placed in a Nest Trench.

d) Scout Detachment: A 3 man team equipped with a scoped Lee-Enfield and 2 Binoculars. Cannot be reinforced, and when they retreat, they run off-map. A very long sight radius and can attach to squads a la Captain or Lieutenant, granting higher range for one unit. Needs T2 for requisition.

Be aware you can only have two of each these on field at any one time.

Tier 1: Infantry Command

1)   Rifle Section: Armed with 6 Lee-Enfields, capable of performing a Mad Minute (Suppressive Fire, less accurate, more damage) these are your mainline troops. Capable of being upgraded with Rifle Grenade Cups (2 of them) which also grants grenades to throw.

2)   Universal Carrier: Ye old Bren Gun Carrier, not much changed, can be upgraded with a Vickers HMG OR a Boys AT Rifle. Flamethrower upgrade is available with the Life Buoy upgrade.

3)   Captain: Very similar to the Lieutenant, he can requisition the same kinds of units, but can also call in a Tetrarch. He is needed to build the T2 and T3 building. His bonuses are sector wide, but are rather weak, being mainly defensive (Increased grenade range, less received accuracy) and only applies in owned sectors.

a)   Tetrarch: You know it and love it the little feisty glider tank is back, but this time it comes off map. It’s more of a scout than a real combat vehicle but it could be very useful to raid with.

Upgrade:

Flamethrowers: Unlocks Flamethrowers for Sappers, Churchills, and Universal Carriers.

Tier 2: Motorized Command

1) AEC Mk.1 Armoured Car: Well armored and armed, but rather slow, this armored car can put up a fight. It may also be upgraded with a larger turret and a 75mm gun, turns it into a glass cannon with high damage, slow speed and little armor. Requires Armour Command to be built and Meteor Engine Requisition to be researched for the upgrade.

2)   Assault Team: Armed with 3 STENs and 1 M1A1 Thompson. Can throw pairs of grenades and smoke grenades. They can also be upgraded with a Lewis LMG for more mobile firepower.

3) Priest Kangaroo: A rather haphazard conversion of an M7 Priest into an APC, armed with a. 50 Browning HMG. Can store up to 12 troops (2 units max). Note: Much less armour than the Churchill Kangaroo. Don’t expect ROFLPWN PIAT blobs in this thing to survive too long.

4) Valentine Command Tank: A Command Tank, equipped with extra radios and a fake barrel, functions similar to the Cromwell but with better sloped armor. Needed to unlock the Tier 3 building.

Meteor Engine Requisition: Unlocks the Cromwell tank of the Armour Command.

Tier 3: Armour Command

1)   Cromwell Tank: You know it and you love it, the A27M Cromwell is the mainstay of your armoured spearheads. Same 75mm gun as before, same speed, same everything.

2)   Archer Tank Destroyer: A Valantine chassis with a 17 Pounder in tow, this SPG can be locked down to allow focus fire (more accurate) and camouflage.

3)   Churchill Mk. VII: The very same tank from vBrits Royal Engineers, however, this one can be upgraded to Crocodile Variant, or equipped with a Hedge Clearer for crushing Tank Traps.

Doctrines:

1)   RAF Command: With the Commandos unlocked, you can also build them in the Forward Base Glider.

a)   Paratrooper Command

I. Paradrop Commandos: Drops in Paratrooper Commandos, 4 men armed with Stens, carrying Satchel Charges and capable of deploying barbed wire and mines.

II. Strafe Support: Allows Paratroopers to requisition strafing support from nearby de Havilland Mosquitoes, but it must be in revealed territory. Also allows for Recon runs by Mosquitoes.

III. Assault Gliders: Allows forward base gliders to be dropped in enemy territory (even in FoW)

b)   Bomber Command:

I.  Demolition Charge Drop: Drops a crate of explosive supplies that can be picked up by any British infantry units with open weapon spaces (Takes up 2). Can be placed anywhere, and can also be camouflaged (done via an over-repair type of ability).

II. Bombing Run: A short bombing run done by a fighter-bomber de Havilland Mosquito.

III. Grand Barrage: Calls out multiple Avro Lancaster bombers to bombing the living crap out of any sector you have line of sight into. Quite literally the most destructive tool in the British arsenal

2)   Assault Command: Designed to strike hard, fast and quiet, Assault Command lets you requisition Strike Section from your forward gliders.

a)   Armour Support

I.   Field Modifications: Crews are often ingenious in coming up with ways of making their tanks just a tad better. All tanks can now upgrade with sandbags to reduce damage from Panzerschrecks and Fausts. Churchill tanks and Archer tank destroyers also gain the ability to hull-down. Cromwell tanks may have their speed governors removed. Tetrarchs may equip their Little John Adaptors.

II.   Retrofit Requisition: Allows you to build Cromwell VII tanks instead of the standard Cromwell IV. Better armour and slightly less speed, it can take more punishment.

III.   Crashing Comet: Allows requisition of a Comet I tank. Armed with a 77mm HV gun that shoots APDS shells, it can easily penetrate the frontal armor of the Tiger I or Panther. Only one available at a time.

b)   Strike Support

I.   Stealth Kit: Allows Assault Sections to be equipped with Silenced Sten Mk VI submachine guns, giving them passive camo. Also equips all Captains with Welrod pistols and Lieutenants with Silenced Stens.

II.   Strike Section: 5 men armed with 5 De Lisle Carbines, they can be spawned from any neutral building or requisitioned from a forward glider. They can camouflage in cover, place mines and actually switch weapons to Silenced Stens.

3.   Infiltration Tactics: All British Infantry may now camouflage in cover. Assault Teams and Strike Sections may now active camo (on the move camouflage)

III)   Support Command: With Foreign Troops unlocked, you may requisition them from your forward gliders.

a)   Artillery Support

I.   High-Powder Shells: Gives all your artillery guns (mortars included) higher ranges.

II.   Assault Guns: Allows requisitioning of one Churchill AVRE Petard with 290mm mortar OR a reward unit, the Cromwell VI with its 95mm howitzer cannon. Both use high explosive rounds, but the Cromwell shoots faster and by itself.

III.   Land Mattress: The Land Mattress multiple rocket launch system becomes available for requisition. Shooting 30 inaccurate rockets, you may only have two of these at any one time. This a support team and maybe sniped, but its great range allows you to keep rather far behind your lines.

b)   Allied Support

I.   Foreign Troops: A squad of 6 foreign troops (Polish, Belgian, etc.) come in armed with Stens. They have very high morale, making them hard to suppress making them great assault troops, but they don’t get any explosives, so don’t expect them to be good for breakthroughs. Can upgrade with one PIAT or two BREN guns for varied tactical ability.

II.   Lend-Lease: Increases the amount of all resources flowing in and gives us 2 extra population slots per secured sector.

III.   Battlegroup: Brings in 2 Sherman Fireflys and 1 Priest Kangaroo filled with Foreign troops. Great for holding a line or creating that extra punch you need to breakthrough.

******OR******

Clever Bird: A single Panther (the Cuckoo) can be called in to act as a breakthrough tank. Same long range but can get the benefits from a Command tank.

Hope to hear your thoughts, criticisms and praise  ;)

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
I drew this up and posted it on the Donor's Board a few days back but had little actual feedback except from Soldier

I decided to draw up for a plan for the RMC/new British. I've based the core army around the Guards Armored Division (mainly Grenadier Guards) present at Normandy, as well as at Market Garden, and at the Rhineland. The doctrines will be much more fun as well. All units will be capable of veterancy but command units will still be present, and still offer bonuses.

This is a very rough sketch, I haven't thought too much about the veterancy just yet, but I want to get a gauge from my fellow donors and the Devs for what they think of my design

Tier 0/HQ:

Fortified Glider HQ

Produces:
1) Sappers: Ye olde British Sappers, come in with a kit of 4 Lee-Enfield rifles. Can build MG Nests, Nest Trenches (more on them later), Mines, Tank Traps Barbed Wire, forward base gliders, and base buildings. May be upgraded with Minesweepers or Flamethrowers (with an upgrade)

Nest Trenches: A large circular trench which can be used as a mortar pit, an infantry slit trench, can be upgraded to a 25 Pounder emplacement or a Medical Trench (Tier 2 needed for either). Can only be built after T1 building is built.

Forward Base Gliders: Can be called in by Sappers, upon entry Sappers will fortify them to make a make-shift forward base (adds tent, sandbags, etc.). You can call out Assault Teams (with T2 built) or a specialized doctrinal unit. These are used to lock-down sectors, but you can only have one per sector and if you choose to lock-down a sector you cannot build units from it.

2) Lieutenant: A Leftenant of His Majesty's Guards, he can call in Specialized Sections from off-map (Command) with the T1 building and for some units, T2 building. These sections include: Bren Sections, PIAT detachments, Mortar Section, and Scout Detachment. Just as the vBrit Lieutenant, he can follow units and his veterancy grants them bonuses for damage received and cover effects, but it only applies to the unit he is attached to. Getting him veterancy allows him to gain radio contact with his squad, meaning he can provide his bonus without being attached. Armed with a M1928 Thompson SMG. He is needed to build the Tier 2 building.

Now for the Specialized Sections Leftenant can requisition:

a) Bren Sections: A Rifle Section with two Bren gunners in tow (6 men in total). Can throw Mills Bombs. Useful for early mobile suppression.

b) PIAT Detachment: A 4 man team, armed with a pair of PIATs and 2 Lee-Enfield rifles. Can set AT mines. Needs the T2 building built for requisition. Slow moving because of the weight of the PIAT and the ammo.

c) Mortar Section: A 4 man team, equipped with a 3-inch Mk2LR mortar. Can throw down Smoke rounds, HE rounds and Illumination rounds (acts like a Flare). Really squishy so it’s recommended they get placed in a Nest Trench.

d) Scout Detachment: A 3 man team equipped with a scoped Lee-Enfield and 2 Binoculars. Cannot be reinforced, and when they retreat, they run off-map. A very long sight radius and can attach to squads a la Captain or Lieutenant, granting higher range for one unit. Needs T2 for requisition.

Be aware you can only have two of each these on field at any one time.

Tier 1: Infantry Command

1)   Rifle Section: Armed with 6 Lee-Enfields, capable of performing a Mad Minute (Suppressive Fire, less accurate, more damage) these are your mainline troops. Capable of being upgraded with Rifle Grenade Cups (2 of them) which also grants grenades to throw.

2)   Universal Carrier: Ye old Bren Gun Carrier, not much changed, can be upgraded with a Vickers HMG OR a Boys AT Rifle. Flamethrower upgrade is available with the Life Buoy upgrade.

3)   Captain: Very similar to the Lieutenant, he can requisition the same kinds of units, but can also call in a Tetrarch. He is needed to build the T2 and T3 building. His bonuses are sector wide, but are rather weak, being mainly defensive (Increased grenade range, less received accuracy) and only applies in owned sectors.

a)   Tetrarch: You know it and love it the little feisty glider tank is back, but this time it comes off map. It’s more of a scout than a real combat vehicle but it could be very useful to raid with.

Upgrade:

Flamethrowers: Unlocks Flamethrowers for Sappers, Churchills, and Universal Carriers.

Tier 2: Motorized Command

1) AEC Mk.1 Armoured Car: Well armored and armed, but rather slow, this armored car can put up a fight. It may also be upgraded with a larger turret and a 75mm gun, turns it into a glass cannon with high damage, slow speed and little armor. Requires Armour Command to be built and Meteor Engine Requisition to be researched for the upgrade.

2)   Assault Team: Armed with 3 STENs and 1 M1A1 Thompson. Can throw pairs of grenades and smoke grenades. They can also be upgraded with a Lewis LMG for more mobile firepower.

3) Priest Kangaroo: A rather haphazard conversion of an M7 Priest into an APC, armed with a. 50 Browning HMG. Can store up to 12 troops (2 units max). Note: Much less armour than the Churchill Kangaroo. Don’t expect ROFLPWN PIAT blobs in this thing to survive too long.

4) Valentine Command Tank: A Command Tank, equipped with extra radios and a fake barrel, functions similar to the Cromwell but with better sloped armor. Needed to unlock the Tier 3 building.

Meteor Engine Requisition: Unlocks the Cromwell tank of the Armour Command.

Tier 3: Armour Command

1)   Cromwell Tank: You know it and you love it, the A27M Cromwell is the mainstay of your armoured spearheads. Same 75mm gun as before, same speed, same everything.

2)   Archer Tank Destroyer: A Valantine chassis with a 17 Pounder in tow, this SPG can be locked down to allow focus fire (more accurate) and camouflage.

3)   Churchill Mk. VII: The very same tank from vBrits Royal Engineers, however, this one can be upgraded to Crocodile Variant, or equipped with a Hedge Clearer for crushing Tank Traps.

Doctrines:

1)   RAF Command: With the Commandos unlocked, you can also build them in the Forward Base Glider.

a)   Paratrooper Command

I. Paradrop Commandos: Drops in Paratrooper Commandos, 4 men armed with Stens, carrying Satchel Charges and capable of deploying barbed wire and mines.

II. Strafe Support: Allows Paratroopers to requisition strafing support from nearby de Havilland Mosquitoes, but it must be in revealed territory. Also allows for Recon runs by Mosquitoes.

III. Assault Gliders: Allows forward base gliders to be dropped in enemy territory (even in FoW)

b)   Bomber Command:

I.  Demolition Charge Drop: Drops a crate of explosive supplies that can be picked up by any British infantry units with open weapon spaces (Takes up 2). Can be placed anywhere, and can also be camouflaged (done via an over-repair type of ability).

II. Bombing Run: A short bombing run done by a fighter-bomber de Havilland Mosquito.

III. Grand Barrage: Calls out multiple Avro Lancaster bombers to bombing the living crap out of any sector you have line of sight into. Quite literally the most destructive tool in the British arsenal

2)   Assault Command: Designed to strike hard, fast and quiet, Assault Command lets you requisition Strike Section from your forward gliders.

a)   Armour Support

I.   Field Modifications: Crews are often ingenious in coming up with ways of making their tanks just a tad better. All tanks can now upgrade with sandbags to reduce damage from Panzerschrecks and Fausts. Churchill tanks and Archer tank destroyers also gain the ability to hull-down. Cromwell tanks may have their speed governors removed. Tetrarchs may equip their Little John Adaptors.

II.   Retrofit Requisition: Allows you to build Cromwell VII tanks instead of the standard Cromwell IV. Better armour and slightly less speed, it can take more punishment.

III.   Crashing Comet: Allows requisition of a Comet I tank. Armed with a 77mm HV gun that shoots APDS shells, it can easily penetrate the frontal armor of the Tiger I or Panther. Only one available at a time.

b)   Strike Support

I.   Stealth Kit: Allows Assault Sections to be equipped with Silenced Sten Mk VI submachine guns, giving them passive camo. Also equips all Captains with Welrod pistols and Lieutenants with Silenced Stens.

II.   Strike Section: 5 men armed with 5 De Lisle Carbines, they can be spawned from any neutral building or requisitioned from a forward glider. They can camouflage in cover, place mines and actually switch weapons to Silenced Stens.

3.   Infiltration Tactics: All British Infantry may now camouflage in cover. Assault Teams and Strike Sections may now active camo (on the move camouflage)

III)   Support Command: With Foreign Troops unlocked, you may requisition them from your forward gliders.

a)   Artillery Support

I.   High-Powder Shells: Gives all your artillery guns (mortars included) higher ranges.

II.   Assault Guns: Allows requisitioning of one Churchill AVRE Petard with 290mm mortar OR a reward unit, the Cromwell VI with its 95mm howitzer cannon. Both use high explosive rounds, but the Cromwell shoots faster and by itself.

III.   Land Mattress: The Land Mattress multiple rocket launch system becomes available for requisition. Shooting 30 inaccurate rockets, you may only have two of these at any one time. This a support team and maybe sniped, but its great range allows you to keep rather far behind your lines.

b)   Allied Support

I.   Foreign Troops: A squad of 6 foreign troops (Polish, Belgian, etc.) come in armed with Stens. They have very high morale, making them hard to suppress making them great assault troops, but they don’t get any explosives, so don’t expect them to be good for breakthroughs. Can upgrade with one PIAT or two BREN guns for varied tactical ability.

II.   Lend-Lease: Increases the amount of all resources flowing in and gives us 2 extra population slots per secured sector.

III.   Battlegroup: Brings in 2 Sherman Fireflys and 1 Priest Kangaroo filled with Foreign troops. Great for holding a line or creating that extra punch you need to breakthrough.

******OR******

Clever Bird: A single Panther (the Cuckoo) can be called in to act as a breakthrough tank. Same long range but can get the benefits from a Command tank.

Hope to hear your thoughts, criticisms and praise  ;)

Veryyy nice concept, not alot of flaws:)

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »
BEST THREAD EVER!
I will post my Italian/RSI faction sometime when I have written it all down somewhere. It works as a counterpart for the RMC . All factions need a counterpart :>
They are also designed to be put into the easternfront :>

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »
Updated my concept.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »
Ah, concept times again. Missing that rush from 2010 when literally every forum user set up an Ostheer concept.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 02:18:08 AM »
Veryyy nice concept, not alot of flaws:)

Can you please point them out :)

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 06:08:05 AM »
I like the call-in glider then reinforce it to become a functional foward base or even a T1 building. About anything else I see the abilities and doctrines from America, Whermacht.
This faction is missing hard-core AT tank, old brits has 17 pounder, US has 57mm, WH has pak 38. I'm not sure the glass cannon can work effective as much as Marder III of PE too.
Assault Guns and Land Mastress is double arti support in same tree, that's not okay in most cases.
Infiltration Tactics, Assault glider are waste of both time and CP, so does to passive camo for a assault unit.

About the unit pool: I think it will must fit the model pool first rather than fit the concept's idea itself.
About most other doctrines is pretty good. They have needed basic stuffs like a ultimate arti support, ultimate armor support and other stuffs.

The abilites of units are also somewhat complicated and near useless because of the force of "to create something new". Most concepts I saw have that same problem, it don't have to be cool or unique, just help the faction or that unit is okay. Efficiency is what I aim.

I also personally hated the officer system. It doesn't matter but I will very glad if anyone can make a Brits faction that don't have stupid officer. (A captain for strategic advantage is okay).
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline JuhwannX

• Beta Testers
  • Mr. Spam
  • Every night I get some serious pussy
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel, for EF shoutcasts.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
If the officers worked like the SU Commissar, in the propoganda Doctrine, that'd be best. He just tactically supports the units, and gains veterency over time, but the units themselves gain the vet on their own.
YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCK WITH ME?! www.youtube.com/user/juhwannX

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
I like the call-in glider then reinforce it to become a functional foward base or even a T1 building. About anything else I see the abilities and doctrines from America, Whermacht.
This faction is missing hard-core AT tank, old brits has 17 pounder, US has 57mm, WH has pak 38. I'm not sure the glass cannon can work effective as much as Marder III of PE too.
Assault Guns and Land Mastress is double arti support in same tree, that's not okay in most cases.
Infiltration Tactics, Assault glider are waste of both time and CP, so does to passive camo for a assault unit.

About the unit pool: I think it will must fit the model pool first rather than fit the concept's idea itself.
About most other doctrines is pretty good. They have needed basic stuffs like a ultimate arti support, ultimate armor support and other stuffs.

The abilites of units are also somewhat complicated and near useless because of the force of "to create something new". Most concepts I saw have that same problem, it don't have to be cool or unique, just help the faction or that unit is okay. Efficiency is what I aim.

I also personally hated the officer system. It doesn't matter but I will very glad if anyone can make a Brits faction that don't have stupid officer. (A captain for strategic advantage is okay).

Well for a hardcore AT they do get the Archer TD (which does admittedly come a tad late, but I don't want a superman faction) You can use the PIAT teams combined with the AEC Armored Car for early AT and you can use the Tetrarch as a StuG/Marder II/III flanker.

The officers for this faction work kinda like vBrits, kinda like Commissar:

The Leftenant doesn't affect all the units around him, he only affects the one he is attached to. When he gain Vet 1, he can attach to a squad but he doesn't need to follow them around anymore, he maintains radio contact instead and provides them with bonuses. The attached to gains veterancy irregardless of Leftenant, but they also gain bonuses from him.

The Captain functions as a Sector defender; if he is in a sector and your troops are in it too, he will provide them defensive bonuses and gain vet from them. Again this doesn't mean the units in the sector won't gain their own veterancy.

The Valentine Command vehicle works in the same way as leftenant except he can can attach with radio contact from the start. Getting his veterancy increase the amount of vehicles he can attach to (Vet 0: 1 vehicle, Vet 1: 2 vehicle, Vet 2: 3 vehicles, Vet 3: 5 vehicles). However if he is too far away radio contact won't work, so you can't keep him at base all the time, he needs to be close to the tanks he is commanding.

I can also understand the dislike of passive Camouflage for an assault unit, but if they had active right off the bat and  you have two or three of them in field at once, you can just sneak right through the enemies lines in early game and wreck their entire strategy with no way for them to fight back.

Assault gliders allow you to reinforce troops behind enemy lines as well as spawn Assault teams. I dunno why you think they aren't useful, but perhaps they come a tad late...

As for the double arty complaint: Correct me if I'm wrong but last I checked Breakthrough gets a SU-85, an ISU-152 and IL2 support. You get a neat little TD, an HE shooting super cannon on treads and Air support. So its no big deal. With my Brits you get a HE canon for up close and a rockets barrage from afar and either a Panther (which is no super cannon) or two Sherman Fireflys. Can't really say that its OP in comparison.

And which abilities won't work so well?

Mad Minute will work fine, its just like BAR suppression fire except more accurate and less fast.
Dual Grenade throwing from the Assault Team? Don't see issues there.
Mortar Flare launching would be easy to put in.
Calling in Leftnenat or Captain squads is easy peasy.
Switching weapons (found on Strike Section) can be done, just ask Volksinator, pretty sure his mod has it and so do others.

Can't see anything else that may go wrong....

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
Well, it's up to you then. You can try to build your beta brits with corsix and have some feedbacks about it for yourself.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 02:03:29 AM »
No thanks XD, I don't play CoH nearly enough to justify modding it on my own. Hell I barely play EF...

I've moved on to more entertaining games like CKII, WoT, and Age of Chivalry: Hegemony.