Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front not working on Steam (right now)  (Read 36354 times)

Offline 82ndtrooper

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front not working on Steam (right now)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »
yes I was, but I have the 1701 update saved and used it and now it works fine.

thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Offline CMDRNick

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
Being Greenlit is great ! Congrats and I am a huge supporter, BUT this broken Mod is hurting your Brand. Credibility is at risk every day that passes that this is not repaired. Many things are out of our control in life but somehow we make it happen. Those are the successful companies, and this is no easy business to be in.

That being said I await the fix of this MOD.

Happy New Years !
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."
General William Tecumseh Sherman, 1864

Offline KarolR87

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
Hello, at the beginning I want to thanks for your patience for my questions. I couldn't post earlier due to lost my web connection. So, I installed via Steam CoH:ToV and used keys from my library to unlock all game content. It's looks like it will be works fine, all campaignes were unlocked and game is in v.2.602. I'm worry about online playing because there's no options for me to create Relic account (button "Create account" is not highlighted for me) and I'm seeing info that "You are offline". I hope Guys you will have ideas how to play online using older CoH version. For now I played against AI but in the future if I will have more freetime I'd like to try compete with other players.

Greetings and happy 2014 year
P.S. Please continue your fantastic work :)
KarolR87

Offline Foofighter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »
Thanks for the update regarding EF's future.  I have been playing the original COH and it just isn't near the same experience etc.  Recently I have had problems with Steam crashing everytime I exit out of COH.  Is life without Steam possible?

Offline Allanon

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
I just wanted to speak out my appreciation for the work of all the people involved in developing, maintaining, and updating this fantastic mod! Thanks for this great addition to CoH!!

Offline Dodgerson

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
I'd like to just tell You, dear devs, that making MOD work on new steam version with recent patch is possible. At least, "Modern Combat" released a hotfix. Don't worry that much, then. Good luck on further work, being greenlit.

Offline edelweiss_yin

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 01:45:56 AM »
Appreciate for EF team work!!

I put "-dev -mod Eastern Front" into set launch options box but still doesn't work(no respond when I start with steam ToV launcher)

And now I can't even sign in with ToV and can only play offline with computers, what is your status ?

Thank you for your reply in advance! My first 2014 wish is now playing EF... :-[

Cheers

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:52 AM »
You are writting the mod parameter wrong, you should double check it ;).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline edelweiss_yin

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 02:02:42 PM »
Hi Blackbishop

Thanks for your reply, I‘ve tried with underline but still doesn't work.
I want to know if I've forgotten my Relic password and can only play offline (ToV and OF), may still play EF in future ? Because now seems impossible to recovery my Relic passwords and always can't verify media.

Sorry may not appropriated thread, I will delete it.
Best 

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Hi Blackbishop

I want to know if I've forgotten my Relic password and can only play offline (ToV and OF), may still play EF in future ? Because now seems impossible to recovery my Relic passwords and always can't verify media.

Best

The servers are shut down, so you'll always need your game disc to verify the game from now on if you plan to use 2.602. However, you could also use a mini image/disc image of your legally purchased version to start it up if your cd broke or something.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline edelweiss_yin

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
Hi Blackbishop

Best

The servers are shut down, so you'll always need your game disc to verify the game from now on if you plan to use 2.602. However, you could also use a mini image/disc image of your legally purchased version to start it up if your cd broke or something.

Hi Thanks very very much, but I am Steam user and I don't have disc. Can I use my steam product key activate a CD or mds file?
If yes, could you tell me where I can download a CoH mds file ?

Sorry I am not a expert and EF is the only game I can play.

Cheers!

Offline vendetta

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
First of all, I would like to congratulate and thank the EF team for coming this far and giving us so much joy and excitement through this mod. Frankly, this is my first day in the group and my first post. I would just like to say that i have been a fan of this mod since the beginning and had only stopped playing since 1.7 due to the mod moving to steam so I would really appreciate it, including a bunch of friends of mine if the mod would continue to develop the one compatible to the previous one, allowing us to be a consistent participant of the glory that is EF. Again, Thank you and Good Luck! God Bless America! For the Commonwealth! Banzai! Heil! FOR THE MOTHERLAND!

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
Any news from the lazy Smoking gunners?
knowing what you want is half the battle

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »
No one has answered yet :(.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline KarolR87

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »
Blackbishop does it mean EF project  will be dead?