Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Strelky Grenades?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Strelky Grenades?
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
Hey guys/gals,

I noticed that most Soviet units have some form of a anti-infantry weapon to throw at enemies in buildings and heavy cover. However the Strelky doesn't have something like that.

I understand that it could be seen as OP, but I just notice that strelky seem very neffective against enemies in buildings
( i especially like urban maps, so yeah)

My suggestion would be the F1 fragmnentation grenade, but with 30 mun cost and low throw range, to make it balanced.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Strelky Grenades?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
Well, in current release they get phosphorus incendiary grenades (similar to PE ones or Molotovs) if you use the Urban Assault Doctrine (IIRC, Street Fighting unlock, along with 2nd flamer for the engineers). While using other doctrines you have to support Strleky with Cons (Molotovs) or Guards (frag grenades) during clearing of the buildings. Oh, and, of course, there always are Ingenery upgraded with flamers/satchels.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:43:52 PM by Grand Duke »

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
Well, in current release they get phosphorus incendiary grenades (similar to PE ones or Molotovs) if you use the Urban Assault Doctrine (IIRC, Street Fighting unlock, along with 2nd flamer for the engineers). While using other doctrines you have to support Strleky with Cons (Molotovs) or Guards (frag grenades) during clearing of the buildings. Oh, and, of course, there always are Ingenery upgraded with flamers/satchels.

Yes i am aware of that, i simply like to use strelky for urban combat as if you upgrade them with PPSH-41s, they will be very good at close ranges, whilst Guards and Cons won't get as far with Mosin-Nagants and a occasional DP-28, as a strelky squad with PPSH-41s, and i would like to see them have F1 grenades, as they historically used as well, during urban combat in cities like Stalingrad, Sevestapol, Warsaw, Poznan, Berlin and many more.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
Well, sometimes I wish Strelky had grenades too (historism, ho!), but you see, wouldn't it make Strelky too well-rounded for all kinds of situations? You know, with them being quite cheap, good at long range with DPs, good at short range with PPSh, able to fight off the vehicles, able to break supression AND in the same time being good vs. entrenched infantry, you can theoretically just send a Strelky platoon forward and watch them manage anything the enemy throws at them.
Without an anti-building weapon you have to use combined arms and combined arms is good :)

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:28 PM »
Yeah that's true, i understand your point.

If any moderator is reading this, you may lock/delete this post if you wish to.