Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Changes for the next version!  (Read 54133 times)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Changes for the next version!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:29 AM »
HI all

why i can't use is 3 tank , why i can't to customise my URSS army?

i can't use SU 122 tank and Kv1 and KV85 or KV1S.
plz help and fix.

thanks for attention
Reward units were disabled for both Soviets and Ostheer for gameplay reasons.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline arthazx

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 05:33:14 AM »
I think you misunderstand some things...
There are no SU122 or KV1S or KV85 in this game.

And you have IS 2 thats enough :P

And for the moment there are no Reward Units for Ostheer or Soviet, but check out some new reward stuff for the vanilla Factions

Regards
ohh,  i sorry, i remember "su 122" for "Kv2" , "KV1-KV85" for "T34 and T34/85" and "ISU 152" for "IS-3" TANKS

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 07:01:58 AM »
These reward units(KV-1/KV-85 for T-34/76 and T-34/85) where removed long time ago. KV1 is now in Breakthrough Assault Strategy Tree. KV-85 is not available ingame and the reward units IS-3 and SU-122 will appear in reward command trees that we will release in the future.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline thatguy

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »
These changes look great, I feel the HMGs are as essential to coh factions as AT guns so its great to see them being added.

Offline Hellc@t

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • H&D2 International Clan
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
I don't see how a Zis-2 gun is better than a Zis-3.... Zis-3 has a larger caliber than the Zis-2 and it can also be used as light artilerry purposes. If I was you, I would make the Zis-3 an upgrade for Zis-2 in that Propaganda War Strategy command tree you talked about
Ready to go on the hunt... :D

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
Don't let the numbers fool you. Even if the zis 3 has a larger caliber its Penetration is worse. The zis 3 is a light field gun,  used as makeshift AT. It was decent to deal with light axis tanks,  but more powerful axis heavies could not be penetranten at all. The zis 2 is a real at gun,  and it's even superior to the 57mm from US (even in realitiy).

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 01:32:51 PM »
I don't see how a Zis-2 gun is better than a Zis-3.... Zis-3 has a larger caliber than the Zis-2 and it can also be used as light artilerry purposes. If I was you, I would make the Zis-3 an upgrade for Zis-2 in that Propaganda War Strategy command tree you talked about

There's a point where making a shell larger negatively effects its penetrating power. It's like trying to stab somebody with a spoon rather than a knife.

Offline Hellc@t

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • H&D2 International Clan
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »

There's a point where making a shell larger negatively effects its penetrating power. It's like trying to stab somebody with a spoon rather than a knife.
I know, that's logical. Whatever you say guys you know it better.
But will you make the ZiS-3 to have the ability of light artillery strike on a small radius just like the Su-76 Self Propelled gun?
Ready to go on the hunt... :D

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »

I know, that's logical. Whatever you say guys you know it better.
But will you make the ZiS-3 to have the ability of light artillery strike on a small radius just like the Su-76 Self Propelled gun?

A AT Gun with effective anti-infantry and anti-mortar capabilities sounds a little too OP for me.
I know it's in CoH2 and i hate it. Whenever you try to clear a AT-Gun spam on PvP, you just end up getting massacred by one or two of those guns firing HE rounds.

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
Russian already have multiple light artillery unit (from basic to doctrine units), so I think the ZiS should not have the ability though... but if it is AP rounds like US and Brits, or faster reloading ability it sounds logic.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
so I think the ZiS should not have the ability though... but if it is AP rounds like US and Brits, or faster reloading ability it sounds logic.
And again, there's always this Gunnery Veterans ability that 57-mm ZIS had all this time, the one temporarily increasing accuracy. Can't say it's really good or useful, never actually used it in battle, as it seems ZIS never misses vehicles. Maybe it can be used to snipe infantry, like the PE AT halftrack, don't know. In fact, I would much rather prefer faster reloading or something like this.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
so I think the ZiS should not have the ability though... but if it is AP rounds like US and Brits, or faster reloading ability it sounds logic.
And again, there's always this Gunnery Veterans ability that 57-mm ZIS had all this time, the one temporarily increasing accuracy. Can't say it's really good or useful, never actually used it in battle, as it seems ZIS never misses vehicles. Maybe it can be used to snipe infantry, like the PE AT halftrack, don't know. In fact, I would much rather prefer faster reloading or something like this.
It is missing the target ;) I use it a lot  ;D
May the force be with you.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
The ability increases accuracy, range and actually lowers the weapon scatter - so if it does not hit the target directly the shell will still hit very closely to the intended target.
And about the light artillery barrage function: it's overkill. Too much artillery is bad for gameplay. Soviets have enough other artillery pieces to utilize. You don't need even more just for the sake of having it. If you really want to use ZiS 3 as artillery feel free to play some games in CoH 2. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:03:35 PM by DarcReaver »

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 07:05:40 PM »
The ability increases accuracy, range and actually lowers the weapon scatter - so if it does not hit the target directly the shell will still hit very closely to the intended target.
Oh. So, I must be wrong, then. I remember it's description not stating anyting about increased range, only about accuracy, IIRC.

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
ZiS is an AT gun and not an artillery gun.
We dont want to copy the way of CoH2.
SU 76 for Artillery and AT Support, ZiS only for AT support.