Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.300 Bugs  (Read 25095 times)

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
2.300 Bugs
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:07 PM »
Hi all,

First off, thanks so much for the mods on making the release! I will be reporting some bugs that I found as Ostheer (Army Fortress Sections) I am using 2.602.

- Bugs
0 The Medic Upgrade for Landsers (and perhaps other infantries) are not available. I upgraded to Vet 2 and 3 and I still cannot see the medic bag.
0 The Sector Heal for Army Fortress (The the doctrine beside Panzernest) does not work, and the sector is not shown in green when you have Panzernest/ Field Hospital (except the HQ).
0 Field Hospitals cannot reinforce units.

- Not bug
0 I wonder, is the AT Grenade (Half-something) is no more, is it?

- Typing Error/ Blank
I think the error on typing or BLANK does not affect the gameplay that much, just for information :>

= Artillery Barrage (the middle doctrine) is BLANK.
= Most doctrines branch is BLANK.

Maybe there are some others but so far I only tried for one run.

Hopefully the fix will be soon :>

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: 2.300 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
I also wonder about medic vet. It now has a crane icon, so, maybe now it's a logistic uprgade?
About that AT magnetic grenade (Haftlonggermanwordung, the HHL, to be short), the panzerfusiliers now have it, it replaces their panzerfaust. Now I think, only the Brandenburgers of the whole OH use pzfausts, am I right?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
I also wonder about medic vet. It now has a crane icon, so, maybe now it's a logistic uprgade?
About that AT magnetic grenade (Haftlonggermanwordung, the HHL, to be short), the panzerfusiliers now have it, it replaces their panzerfaust. Now I think, only the Brandenburgers of the whole OH use pzfausts, am I right?
I'm not sure if the descriptions were corrected before the release, but yes. the new veterancy is logistic veterancy. The bonuses make using abilities like grenades cheaper, aswell as lowering the manpower upkeep and reinforcement cost of your troops.

And yes, you're right. Brandenburgers are the only unit that can use the panzerfaust (which is the stronger panzerfaust 100 that deals more damage to enemy vehicles). With the release of the Stadtkampf reward doctrine, Straftrupps will be the 2nd unit that can use it. We chose to make the panzerfaust 100 a special weapon instead of making it widely available to the Ostheer troops.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
I have took care of the medic upgrade for Landsers and some other squads that have it missing. I also fixed the field hospital lack of reinforcement. The only thing left is the fortress thingy.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline JustDOit8

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
Problem I am having is that the texture of the dead Landsers is that of the Landser squad leader.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

And another related question.
Art and model changes part of the patch 2.3 change list states : * Fixed texture selection for Landser squad.
What exactly does this mean?

Offline Capitanloco6

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
When recovering a wrecked T-34/85 with a Famo, it doesn't get a beutepanzer skin. Also, the description of the MP40 upgrade for the Landsers mentions Panzerfusiliers instead.

Also, what benefits does the technician veterancy give to Strumpioneers? Since they already have repair by deafult, is it improved or something?

Offline Aspviper

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
Sorry, now I'm a bit confused...
I'm not sure if the descriptions were corrected before the release, but yes. the new veterancy is logistic veterancy. The bonuses make using abilities like grenades cheaper, as well as lowering the manpower upkeep and reinforcement cost of your troops.
Does that mean the Medikit option does not exist anymore and was replaces by logistics? The logo IS a crane, and there is none for Medikits otherwise. 'Cause I seem to have read that the effects of the Medikits had been changed. Btw, I've tried giving Medikits to all kinds of Infantry (crane-button), but none actually get any.
Also...
I have took care of the medic upgrade for Landsers and some other squads that have it missing. I also fixed the field hospital lack of reinforcement. The only thing left is the fortress thingy.
Does this mean, it will be fixed in the next Patch/Steam-upload?

If I got it right, then the only possibility for OH to heal troops (apart from the Fortress-doctrine) is, to build a Medic-emplacement in the HQ-area, yes?
Seems to me that not being able to heal troops actively is quite a drawback, especially because OH doesen't have the numbers of the Americans or Soviets to compensate for losses...

On a positive note, there don't seem to be as many as 2300 bugs as the title of the post implies...  ;)
(Yes, version, I got it)
I did find others but these seemed of most immediate importance to me.
Also, thanks for all your efforts to make this game plenty more awesome.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
@JustDOit8
I'll fix it later, that is correct. That means the texture had some issues and were fixed.

@Captainloco6
I see, thanks for the heads up.

@Aspviper
And about what you ask:

1) Nope.

2) Nope.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Lutzow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you meant with "I've fixed it". I downloaded the new version a couple of hours ago and still couldn't reinforce from the field hospital..

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »
Unfortunately you won't, because we don't release a version just to fix one bit, we will release a patch later after getting more issues to fix.

It seems you are new so you wouldn't know, but when I say that it means I fixed it in the internal version :).
Mors Indecepta

Offline Lutzow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 11:15:14 PM »
Unfortunately you won't, because we don't release a version just to fix one bit, we will release a patch later after getting more issues to fix.

It seems you are new so you wouldn't know, but when I say that it means I fixed it in the internal version :).
Oh okay, I thought it'd be something like that  :) Otherwise yeah, I'm new to the forum but have been playing the game and this great mod from the beginning  ;)

Otherwise the patch is cool, I just think you should have left the bunkers as they were and the healing station should be an upgrade like before, cause now Ostheer doesn't have a fixed emplacement any more.

Any news when the fix might be released?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:30:31 PM by Lutzow »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »
Well, only the conscripts-lack-of-building-animations issue and the missing translations remain. I'm not sure how much time will take to finish the translations, but I will submit them tomorrow so the translators can work.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »
Sorry, now I'm a bit confused...
I'm not sure if the descriptions were corrected before the release, but yes. the new veterancy is logistic veterancy. The bonuses make using abilities like grenades cheaper, as well as lowering the manpower upkeep and reinforcement cost of your troops.
Does that mean the Medikit option does not exist anymore and was replaces by logistics? The logo IS a crane, and there is none for Medikits otherwise. 'Cause I seem to have read that the effects of the Medikits had been changed. Btw, I've tried giving Medikits to all kinds of Infantry (crane-button), but none actually get any.
Also...
Does this mean, it will be fixed in the next Patch/Steam-upload?

If I got it right, then the only possibility for OH to heal troops (apart from the Fortress-doctrine) is, to build a Medic-emplacement in the HQ-area, yes?
Seems to me that not being able to heal troops actively is quite a drawback, especially because OH doesen't have the numbers of the Americans or Soviets to compensate for losses...

On a positive note, there don't seem to be as many as 2300 bugs as the title of the post implies...  ;)
(Yes, version, I got it)
I did find others but these seemed of most immediate importance to me.
Also, thanks for all your efforts to make this game plenty more awesome.
I just asked again and the lack of medikits for infantry and it is intended. And about the medic emplacement... yes, it only heals when it is built on the command area.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:38:53 PM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 12:02:34 AM »
[...]
0 The Medic Upgrade for Landsers (and perhaps other infantries) are not available. I upgraded to Vet 2 and 3 and I still cannot see the medic bag.
0 The Sector Heal for Army Fortress (The the doctrine beside Panzernest) does not work, and the sector is not shown in green when you have Panzernest/ Field Hospital (except the HQ).
[...]
These were removed on purpose, so they aren't bugs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:17:47 AM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Offline adognow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »
I keep getting the "fatal ai error execution paused" error.

I've played 5 games so far on this new patch - and every single one ends up with the same error after about 10-15 minutes. My allies are always American, I've individually fought the panzer elite, Ostheer and default German army and it all results in the same problem.