Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.300 Bugs  (Read 25098 times)

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: 2.300 Bugs
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
I dont think that is possible. However, what is possible is that you get 4 different versions of a models, each of which are positioned at different angles. They would all be identical, but the models would just be rotated to accommodate the size of the base. If you wanted to go all out, you could even make 8 different versions, where there would be a 45°, 135°, 225°, and a 315° as additional models.
Afaik its totally possible to make normal buildings rotateable. CoH: online did it I think. Actually it would be nice.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »
If you mean, to make buildings rotateable when selecting where to build them, it is entirely possible in CoH.

We have disabled it on EF because it seems AI behaves odd when a building is not built in the default way... or at least that's what we were told. Robotnik might know about this but we can enable it any time if everyone is fine with it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
I wonder if this issue has been reported. Just for some heads on (2.602, not sure if it happens in 2.7).
Most weapon recrew have bugs. So far I have noticed:
- OH infantry attempt to recrew Soviet's AT will auto killed (after a brief red icon on the AT unit).
- PE cannot recrew Soviet MGs, and even if they do, if the unit is down to 1 men, you cannot do anything nor select the unit. (need to kill with grenade)
- Some infantry (Soviet, Wehr) can recrew the weapon but cannot reinforce crews. (Happened in AT and MG)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »
Yeah, that bug was already reported and was fixed.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ChernoAlpha

• Ingenery
  • Pacific Rim
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2015, 05:48:34 AM »
Here's some bugs I found:

• Ostheer: the game crashes when installing scout veterancy on Landsers.
  • Ostheer: After selecting either Assault or Support branches the option for F42 and Combat Training still exists in Sturmpioneers. Thus you can get Assault and then get the Combat Training and vice versa.
  • Soviets: Partisan units fire at enemies even when they are issued a hold fire order. Thus breaking camo.
  • Soviets: Upgrading to Shtrafniye Troops doesn't add the proper PPD43 icon sometimes.
  • Panzer Elite: THE NASHORN DOESN'T FIRE. Attack orders do show when the tank is NOT locked down but it doesn't fire. However the instructions say that the gun has to be sited before firing. Upon Siting the Gun. The Flak36 sound plays but NO shell animation and NO damage is caused to it's selected target. Also upon siting main gun, it loses the ability to have orders like Attack Ground and Halt. How does the Nashorn work anyways? Because from my evaluation it works like a Marder III that when sited allows for more firepower but it could still fire on the move.

Will check for more bugs. Glad to help :)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:57:22 AM by ChernoAlpha »
I seriously need a signature. Like totes

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »
Hello ChernoAlpha,

I'm not sure if you are playing the latest version, because you don't need Assault or Support Pools to get any Sturmpio upgrade, also Scout vet works fine for Landsers.

I think the Partisan thingy was reported a while ago, fixed and released. The PPD43 icon was fixed long time ago as well and I played PE yesterday using the Nashorn and it didn't have problems.

I think you are playing an old version.
Mors Indecepta

Offline ChernoAlpha

• Ingenery
  • Pacific Rim
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 02:16:09 PM »
Hello ChernoAlpha,

I'm not sure if you are playing the latest version, because you don't need Assault or Support Pools to get any Sturmpio upgrade, also Scout vet works fine for Landsers.

I think the Partisan thingy was reported a while ago, fixed and released. The PPD43 icon was fixed long time ago as well and I played PE yesterday using the Nashorn and it didn't have problems.

Hi Blackbishop.

I check my updates now and I'm running the latest version (2.30) Will try PE again.

EDIT: Silly me, The Nashorn DOES need to lock down before firing. However, the attack icons seem to be misplaced since it shows up when not locked down. Thus creating the confusion/the idea that it can fire when not locked down.

Also idk if it has been reported yet, but the OH Jagers with the MKB have the burst-fire/single shot mode like the Marksman. Is it usable? Or probably misplaced?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:18:14 AM by ChernoAlpha »
I seriously need a signature. Like totes

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »
Guys after Strelky- Guards, Veterans?- with SVT upgrade can pick up weapons (which take one weapon slot, eg. bazooka) but they never use them.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »
Hello ChernoAlpha,

Hi Blackbishop.

I check my updates now and I'm running the latest version (2.30) Will try PE again.

EDIT: Silly me, The Nashorn DOES need to lock down before firing. However, the attack icons seem to be misplaced since it shows up when not locked down. Thus creating the confusion/the idea that it can fire when not locked down.

Also idk if it has been reported yet, but the OH Jagers with the MKB have the burst-fire/single shot mode like the Marksman. Is it usable? Or probably misplaced?
It's usable.

@Xenobane
I'll check it.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2015, 11:21:28 PM »
If Famo uses its Retrieve Beutepanzer ability, and the camera move somewhere else so it's not visible, when looking back it will be inside the wreckage and the process will be halted (there is health bar above wreckage, but it doesn't move at all).

Ost AI builds multiple Famo at some point of the battle.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:26:08 PM by Xenobane »

Offline ONZ

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »
1.only soviet infantry can capture zis AT gun
2.Pak 36 emplacement when be captured don't work
3.attack move order don't have sound for any unite
4.splash for Stug III, it only sometime happen
5.Tank Riders always active

Offline jdogg

• Ingenery
  • re-enacting scenes from platoon with charlie sheen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2015, 04:28:14 AM »
Some of these may not be bugs per se but here they are;

The Sturmtiger (or sturmpanzer 4 according to the unit guide on the website) is referenced in the Elite Troop tree for the Ostheer but I was never able to call one in or build one as the case may be.

The Ostheer Rocket half track only fires 8 rockets despite the description saying ten.

The Ostheer Transport half track (sweet AA upgrade btw) only holds 6. Not sure if this is intentional or not but it does render them useless as a transport since 1 squad of anything per vehicle is less than ideal.

The call in mechanized battalion is in game called panzer battalion. The command tree says it can bring in a panzer 38t or wespe as opposed to the Luchs and the panzerjagers that it actually brings in. Changing assault or support pools does not make an impact on this. I was certain that somewhere I had read that choosing one pool over the other determines which units are spawned, In the end never found a way to get the 38t. Despite the hardcap message for the Luchs saying there was one(38t) on field already and that's why no more than 2 Luchs could be called in.

The Support Troop Doctrine refers to off map call ins of foreign units. If they have not been implemented into the game yet then ignore this point. I had seen some of the pictures of the 38t and Semovente on Moddb and thought they were already in game.

The Wespe sometimes instead of firing will simply attempt to drive to the area targeted for barrage. Had this happen once in every 15 or so barrages by two Wespe side by side. One, usually the one on the leftmost side, will drive to the area while the other fires as intended.

All that said, excellent job on the Ostheer. The different skins for the buildable tigers was a really nice touch. ;D

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:01:57 AM by jdogg »

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2015, 08:49:19 PM »
US paratroopers are lacking one squad member when called on the field.

When playing a match against PE and Ostheer AI as US, there were several artillery warnings ("Incoming, get the hell down") without any reason- mostly when enemy units were coming from the Fog of War.

Landser MP40IIs are extremely effective against US weapon teams on medium range (I saw Expert AI rip them to shreds from 20-25 meters, from the front of the gun.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:12:21 PM by Xenobane »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »
US paratroopers are lacking one squad member when called on the field.
That's not an issue from us, the airborne squad hasn't changed in EF and it is set up to always deploy six soldiers like usual. Perhaps 1 was shot down before reaching the field.

When playing a match against PE and Ostheer AI as US, there were several artillery warnings ("Incoming, get the hell down") without any reason- mostly when enemy units were coming from the Fog of War.
Do you mean, US soldiers said that? I don't think that can be fixed, at least not by me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:44:57 AM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »
I checked the paratrooper issue once more- it happened when I loaded a saved game, but when restarted it's fine. Maybe the same applies to that artillery warnings- I will check this one again as well. Sorry for the confusion!