Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Stealing Heavy Weapon Teams vs Producing Them  (Read 2377 times)

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
Stealing Heavy Weapon Teams vs Producing Them
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
In a game as Wehrmacht, Ostheer, or Soviets, when should I steal an SG-43, M1938, MG-42, Pak, and so forth, as opposed to producing one of my own?

For recrewing, is the health and strength of that team determined by what kind of squad? Like, would a Jaeger-seized Zis-3 be better than a Landser-seized Zis-3?
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
Re: Stealing Heavy Weapon Teams vs Producing Them
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
Its a good idea to steal a weapon team when you need that weapon but don't want to spend resources to produce it

Also yes, the health of the team weapon is determined by who recrews it, so a weapon recrewed by guards would have much more survivability than one recrewed by conscripts

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:25:46 PM »
For the recrewing. I'm not exactly sure about health, but the unit that does the recrewing does affect things like received accuracy, as well as the actual accuracy of the men not actively firing the support weapon. And whatever infantry type armor they happen to have at the time.  (A vet 3 Wehr grenadier recrewing a weapon would still be quite prone to catching fire for example.)

A defvet 3 panzergranadier crewing a Flak 88mm would even recover health if I'm not mistaken.

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 06:12:34 AM »
Thank you. I would not have been surprised as in one game, as I stole an M1938 107mm Heavy Mortar with Landsers, and had less survivability than an M1938 107mm Heavy Mortar stolen with Jaegers.
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!