Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: who has a spare coh cd key?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
who has a spare coh cd key?
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »
I have a friend who wants to try the mod but he messed up his steam account and he lost all his games.
knowing what you want is half the battle

Offline CoHtaku

• Ingenery
  • Atterete Dominatum
    • View Profile
    • CoH: European Conflagration
Re: who has a spare coh cd key?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:57:30 AM »
Hello Tom,

I have several copies of Company of Heroes, so i could give you a key if you like, but i think each key is for its own disc so i'm not sure it would work on another copy. :-\

I could, however, mail you a copy of the game so you'll have both the key and the disc. Then it should work no problem. :)

Thanks, CoHtaku.

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 03:45:12 PM »
Hey Cohtaku,

I dont think the disks are good anymore since coh migrated to steam. So the cd key should do just fine. You can just PM me the key. Thanks a ton bro. ;D

Offline CoHtaku

• Ingenery
  • Atterete Dominatum
    • View Profile
    • CoH: European Conflagration
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »
The discs will definitely work; You just install it like normal. :)

I'm not sure if there's a difference between the keys for the different versions of the game, though; I have the original, the game of the year edition, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor. What keycode do you need?

I have found some strange compatibility issues, though; If you have the original game, you can install Opposing Fronts and then Tales of Valor over that, but if you have the game of the year edition you can't install Opposing Fronts without uninstalling the former first (and vice versa). I'm not sure how Tales of Valor works with that though, but i could try it for you if you'd like? Or, would you just like the code like you asked for to begin with? :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:51:18 AM by CoHtaku »

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »
Tales of valor would be great.

Offline minhvn

• Beta Testers
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:06:51 AM »
If i'm not remembering wrong, having the original CoH will only unlock the U.S and the Wer force but not with the additional Brits and the other German force since the original CoH doesn't have those faction. So in order to unlock all the forces, i'm not really sure, perhaps you can try ToV first and if some forces is missing then you can add the original edition later

Aww, it would be great if i can get the Opposing Force DLC but this is too much to ask in someone else' topic :3

Offline vonklaus

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
Any way around not having a CD
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »
On a similar subject everytime I load EF it asks for a CD which I unfortunately lost. Is there anyway around this? I have been playing Steam version of COH for past couple of months getting back into the game and would love to play EF again. I changed the path in my EF to the steam version but that did nothing it still asks for cd. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »
On a similar subject everytime I load EF it asks for a CD which I unfortunately lost. Is there anyway around this? I have been playing Steam version of COH for past couple of months getting back into the game and would love to play EF again. I changed the path in my EF to the steam version but that did nothing it still asks for cd. Any help would be much appreciated.

You have to move the EF files, too. I recommend reinstalling it to the right direction.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Fatalflasback

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »
I have a gift-copy of all 3 the parts in my steam inventory, ever since CoH1 was available on steam,

As that has been a few months by now ;)  and I didn't use them, or plan on using them, I might as well help you out ;)

Just let me know if you still need them

Kind regards,
FatalFlashBack