Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Application - Map Creator  (Read 8509 times)

Offline randomcode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Application - Map Creator
« on: September 24, 2016, 04:58:35 AM »
Name:(RandomCode)

What you think you can contribute to our mod: I can make singleplayer map
How active you think you can be: Fairly active.
Previous work: Coder for Mount&Blade Warband Mod
Need more examples?
Other notes:I know you guys need singleplayer campaign and lack of map creator, so i want to do that.

Contact info:
steam: DoDoCat
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:14:19 AM by randomcode »

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Application - Map Creator
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »
Hey there!
Did you ever work with CoH1 / Essence Engine 2/3? It uses SCAR which is based on Lua.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline randomcode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 03:13:46 AM »
Hey there!
Did you ever work with CoH1 / Essence Engine 2/3? It uses SCAR which is based on Lua.

Yes, i have ever worked for the scar, i create a simple campaign for EF

Offline randomcode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:53:12 AM »
Hey there!
and i know Blackbishop, i have ever worked for him for the single player campaign, you can ask him

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
Hey there!
and i know Blackbishop, i have ever worked for him for the single player campaign, you can ask him
I remember we discussed about it several times, but so far I never saw any result of it, so I must clarify that I cannot support your claim.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »
Hey there!

Ok, do you have some sample mission / code I can take a look at?

Offline randomcode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Hey there!
I remember we discussed about it several times, but so far I never saw any result of it, so I must clarify that I cannot support your claim.
The reason why i didn't make it any more is that you told me the single player campaign was made by other people, and i told you i will not create the single player campaign because the reason above, and you agreed.
Now i want to create the maps for EF not single player campaign.

and the most important thing is that you are my steam friend, but you didn't ask me for the sp campaign, so i think you didn't need them and i deleted them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:19:34 AM by randomcode »

Offline randomcode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 10:11:27 AM »
Hey there!

Ok, do you have some sample mission / code I can take a look at?
i am afraid not, but i can have a try for it to prove my ability.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 08:55:13 PM »
Hey there!
The reason why i didn't make it any more is that you told me the single player campaign was made by other people, and i told you i will not create the single player campaign because the reason above, and you agreed.

and the most important thing is that you are my steam friend, but you didn't ask me for the sp campaign, so i think you didn't need them and i deleted them.
You didn't tell me anything like that. Last time we chatted about it you just told me you talked with Rizz(or was someone else ???) and he told you someone was doing it, you also never told me about the status of that custom mission, so after that last conversation and no mention of the "test", then I assumed you didn't finished it or perhaps you lost your interest in that because of the other person doing it or didn't want to talk about it. I probably told you that someone else was doing it at the beginning before starting the "test", but I also told you about being possible to be of help and thus I asked you about creating a custom mission. You chatted with me almost in a daily basis for at least one week, then that stopped for a bit more than a week, I don't really remember if it was because I was busy and didn't use my PC or because you really didn't need my assistance when I was online but I assumed everything was fine. Then happened the conversation I pointed at the beginning of this paragraph.

Just to clarify, I would be crazy if I request someone that isn't a Dev to work in the whole EF campaign, I respect and appreciate all the people who like EF (those who don't too but at a lesser extent ;D) and that's I'll never abuse them like that ;), so that's the reason I didn't asked you to make a campaign for the mod, otherwise I'd have sent you specifics about our planned missions, I just asked you to create a custom mission with your own ideas and asked you to let me know when you finished it right after you agreed to do it; all of this done in order I could measure your skills, nothing more and nothing less.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
Hey there!

I don't have you in my friendslist, you certainly didn't talk to me :X.