Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Dankov's Gunnery Veterans AT upgrade  (Read 3033 times)

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
Dankov's Gunnery Veterans AT upgrade
« on: November 24, 2016, 04:23:13 AM »
i have another idea for Zis-2 and Zis-3 Anti-tank guns.

can you make their only ability "Gunnery Veterans'' to become one of Major Dankov's abilities? Then replace it instead with ''APCBC shells'' (available only when player purchases ''Improved Ammunitions'')

Major Dankov's abilities:

Shtrafniki Demotions: convert any conscript squad into a penal squad, the squad will receive 3x SVT rifles and guarded by a commissar. penal squad can't earn veterancy anymore. cost 60 munitions

Gunnery Veterans: assign an experienced anti-tank gunnery officer into any of your existing AT units. increasing their capabilities against enemy armor. cost is 60 munitions

i mean Dankov can turn one AT gun to become veterans. Increasing their skills at a cost of 60 munitions. converting one of the AT crew to become an officer (same uniform as the AT crews but wears the cap of the flag bearer)

note: this is not like making an AT gun into a vet 3 instantly.. it's just giving the AT gun some offensive bonuses plus the officer

note: gunnery officer is armed with a pistol.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:17:45 AM by mackerbryanee13 »
SORRY KYLO REN BUT ISANG BALA KA LANG

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
When observers became vet 3 they became Artillery Observers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »
when they became vet 3 they became artillery observers...they can call in Artillery Strikes at a cost of 100 munitions. note: it looks like the 105mm howitzer shoot of the US but less shots and less damaging) and they also give nice benefits for your army if they lay low. :)

when the arty observers don't engage in combat and just hide they will do this two passive ability.

Sound Ranging.. as an artillery observer they can coordinate to your other units within the sector the arty observers are in. it means (your units within that sector will receive less damage from incoming enemy indirect fire. note: this doesn't work if your arty observers engages in combat or when they are revealed or when they are in different sectors and not in the same sector your units are in. this passive ability looks like british major's giving def bonuses to sector

plus Artillery Spotting they can also coordinate to your indirect fire support units (mortars, katyushas, su76s, M30s, KV-2s) within the sector your arty observers are in. giving them accuracy bonuses. note: this doesn't work if your arty observers engages in combat or when they are revealed or when they are in different sectors and not in the same sector your arty units are in. this passive ability looks like british major's giving offensive bonuses to sector and like the command tanks giving bonuses but not in proximity but sectorial.

Note: artillery units influenced by the arty observers have crosshairs icon in the top of the unit to symbolize that they received accuracy.
Note: they have binoculars wrapped around their neck.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:16:50 PM by mackerbryanee13 »

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
Re: Dankov's Gunnery Veterans AT upgrade
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
Hey. I want your opinions Dev-comrades.
What do you say: ren, churchill, vampire jacob, blackbeesoup, robotniki, waka-waki

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 12:43:43 AM »
Who is Ren, Churchill, Vampire Jacob and Blackbeesoup?
But to answer your question:
I wont rate your concept because there is no time to rework this concept from the start. And there is no argumentation why EF need this change.
May the force be with you.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 01:21:42 AM »
What do you say: ren, churchill, vampire jacob, blackbeesoup, robotniki, waka-waki

I say you should lay off the sugar

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 01:32:14 AM »

I say you should lay off the sugar
lol XD

But to answer your question:
I wont rate your concept because there is no time to rework this concept from the start. And there is no argumentation why EF need this change.
I won't either because it would be a pain to implement (due to how weapon teams work) and it isn't really needed. I guess you suggest it to have parity among the infantry-based units, so the CS has skills for both types, but changing stuff for the sake of it is not good and it isn't something we do.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 02:10:17 AM »

your ren.. kylo ren as your profile picture looks like :D

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 04:14:59 AM »
i have another suggestion here :P

Here is a reward unit for the Observer team.

Razvedka

A 3 man team that can operate behind enemy lines. they can camouflage but movement speed is reduced.
They are armed with default 3x mosin nagant rifles, F1 grenades, Concealing smoke when reached Vet 3. They have optional upgrades depending in the battlefield situations.
they don't have the extended sight range the observer team have but they have the ability to camouflage like the sharpshooters.
they also have the ability to mark enemy vehicles, making them vulnerable and visible to the mini-map for a period of time.

Close Combat Equipment: grants your razvedkas with 3x Ppsh-41 sub machine guns with infrared scopes and body armor. suitable for spotting hidden enemies ahead.

Offline mackerbryanee13

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • Duty to God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:30 AM »
Does Razvedka Not a good idea? It's perfectly fine if you change their gear layouts. :P

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 05:21:13 AM »
First of all, no infrared stuff. The Uhu is already a special existence, you can say it is a miracle we have it (or a joke depending of your opinion about historical accuracy and it's usage in the mod) and we won't add more infrared stuff to the mod.

Second, the role of the observer team is not to become a "predator"-like existance (observing behind enemy lines quietly and assault them from the shadows). Their role is recon, Soviets do not have a jeep and you are not supposed to rely in the BA-64 alone for such purpose so there is no way we would replace a unit of such role with another offensive-oriented one.

That's why I think it is not a good idea.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...