Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1826 times)

Offline wolfrider66

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Hello Devs & Community,

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I was very excited to see this mod so I could add it to my collection. Company of Heroes has been my favorite game for many years. I am 50 years old and have to say my daughter loves the game too.

Even though I grew up during the Vietnam War, as it was winding down actually, the effects of WWII and Korea were still being felt in America especially through Movies and books. Also it was a time of great upheaval and change culturally in America & the world. Blues, Rock & Roll, Peace & Love, riots. Martin Luther King, just to mention a few, I mean things were crazy chaotic.

The reason I mention all that is because this type of game reminds me of the things men do to one another. It is humbling.

Enough of that. Man, once I get a thought going.........it must be an age thing.

The game is great fun, challenging both Strategically & Tactically and I look forward to seeing you on the Battlefield.

Oldwolf out.
(squibjb66 on Steam)

Offline wolfrider66

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
Hello again,

This may be a silly question, but I am not sure I was logged in when I donated. How do you know the name of a donator & link that to this forum name?

I had just activated my account via the email link then opened the website for the game outside these forums to donate.

Is it my PayPal name?

Oldwolf out.
(squibjb66 on Steam)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:09:51 PM by wolfrider66 »

Offline Conor 'burton' W.

• Developer
  • Guard
  • Peoples' Modding Commissariat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
Hey there, welcome aboard!

One of the best things about Company of Heroes is that it has such a diverse playerbase coming from all walks of life, and continues to be such a popular form of media. Like you said, it also is a good reminder of the horror and heroism of the people who fought for their countries and families during this time.

Regarding your donation question, unfortunately I do not know the answer, since I do not have access to that, but I am sure that someone with the relevant knowledge will get back to you once they are online!

Cheers!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 10:02:29 PM »
Hello wolfrider66, we match the users with the donations usually by the email I think.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...