Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Shoutcast  (Read 19832 times)

Apex

Eastern Front Shoutcast
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »

Greetings and welcome everybody to another Eastern Front Update. This time we present you a Shoutcast of a game with the Soviet Union.

The game is a 1v1 between Angstmann (Propaganda) and Greenapple (Terror), duking it out on Prague, commented on by Eastern Front Lead Developer Apex. It contains 35 minutes of non-stop action, sometimes so much lead flying through the air that you can barely hear Apex's commentary, although the ingame sounds are loud on purpose so you can hear our new speech, weapon and vehicle sounds.

Apex's talks about why Eastern Front is really more an expansion than a mod, and a must-have for every Company of Heroes player, as well as how the new no-retreat feature makes the Soviets a lot more tactical to play.

Shortly after the battle, the participating Red Army Major Ivan Danko was interviewed in a Medic Truck and had the following remarks about the fight:

- The Command Squad is vital for the early game of the Soviet Union, and should therefore be diverted more Vodka rations.

- Soviet Commanders whining about that they have to use reskinned American buildings will be sent to the Gulag.

- Commissars rock, but someone should tell them that Pistol bullets do not penetrate King Tiger armor.

- The Soviet Commander should consider using more support weapons against machine gun positions, to increase the average battlefield survival time of a conscript by a couple of seconds.

- Whether he could get an IS-2 for his daughters 18th birthday, because of the horrible traffic in Moscow.

- That next time they should really use PPSh-41 SMGs, just because they sound so good.

Because the Adobe Flash Player processing on ModDB screws up the audio track of the videos, this time we present it on Youtube only. Here is the link to the playlist containing all four videos of the Shoutcast:

Eastern Front - Soviet Union - Shoutcast 1/4 [nofollow]

Doswedanje, and see you on January 21st!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:11:39 PM by Apex »

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Shoutcast
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
Watching it now, looking great  :)
Need to get CoH reinstalled...

Also Apex, you have a cool accent and sound really enthusiastic ,which is good haha

Post Merge: January 12, 2010, 06:46:30 PM
Hmm, parts 3 and 4 aren't working for me, dunno whether its just youtube dicking around, anyone else?

Also, the new sounds are bloody brilliant, well done whoever did those. And everyone else who ever worked on this thing  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:46:30 PM by luz777 »

Offline thebomb

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
AMAZING SHOUTCAST

Offline denki_groove

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
great  :D nice accent apex  ;D ;D ;D 

@luz777 thinks this new sounds from lorankorns new sounds... you can download it on relicnews ...

Offline Gew00n

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »
Very nice shoutcast, great accent ;). Can't wait for release, looks so professional.

nbeerbower

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »
Great job, guys!

Offline bastex

• Guard
  • we enforce soviet will
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
its only a shame he played agains greenapple blargh he should have taken a good player =]
and well done apex u realy let em see the basics of ef
(and no green apple im not talking about me)
(and dragon im not looking for a fight)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:01:41 AM by bastex »
yes .... im sorry ><
bcouse i was  born as a complete utter bastard

Offline Voop_Bakon

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:15 PM »
Nice shout cast alex.

Mod looks epic, cant wait to try out all the upgrades

nbeerbower

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
its only a shame he played agains greenapple blargh he should have taken a good player =]

Hey, GreenApple and I beat Apex and Hartkeks. :P (And I'm pretty far from good)

Offline sgt_gimbly

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 03:19:01 AM »
incredible video.this mod like so good
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 04:14:02 AM »

Apple wasn't playing at full ability... the goal was never
 for german wehr to win, but just to show off soviet game
 functionality. Should have used a lot more unit types, though.
 A map with waay more ressources, too :)

God +5 was the highest ?

Overextending the KT didn't help, but, god, he
 wanted to kill that IS2!! LOL :)

*** APEX *** HOLY CRAP : Great accent you got
 dude. SO *SAD* you don't speak russian fluently ;)
 Yea, I know. Your accent is very 'german-ly' but if
 you could speak russian as well, holy crap ;)

Well, at least we know whom to ring up for OHE voices ;)

You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline GeneralSatan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »
Most impressive! With most the mods out there, you expect some watered down, high schooler attempt. NOT HERE! As for that poor King trying desperately to get that IL2, that will become a classic match-up. Well done to the developers. I only hope we(the CoH faithful) will be able to play this online against the other foes.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59:40 PM »
That's what happens when you don't support your King Tiger... it should not be treated like an 'I WIN' button. 2 Paks would have kept those IS-2's back...

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »

Sign No. 7: Directions are ambiguous and often vaguely threatening

Before you respond to a vague threat, remember this: Virtually every corporate scandal begins with someone saying, "Do it; I don't care how." That person is seldom the one who gets indicted.

... Strangely, this made me think of the ill-fated KT rush ;)
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 02:38:57 AM »
That's what happens when you don't support your King Tiger... it should not be treated like an 'I WIN' button. 2 Paks would have kept those IS-2's back...
yes I did notice that green apple was not how do I say this without being a fuck or a hypocrite....not as good as I assume he was playing Apex? so how about this "apple was not a good as Apex"