Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Thoughts on Red Army  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Blue

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Red Army
« on: January 22, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
Just got through my first play through with EF... Here is what I think: (Played on Scheldt with 1 Ally on Easy and 1 Wehr on Normal)

- A Red Army's best friend is munitions- I was surprised that munitions was what I needed most, fuel being not to bad, and population not being a problem at all.

- I chose Urban Combat, I wanted to see how the Ings would do with flame thrower + street fighting upgrades. At first I was like :D, but then I was like :/ . With 2 flamethrowers, body armor, and a low cost, I had 3 squads of Ings completely destroy a few German strongholds. I would suggest they get 1 flamethrower, not 2.

- Everyone talking about the heavy mortar was quite right, they are indeed strong- Too strong. If you have 2 or more you pretty much have priests without the cost or cool down.

- Conscripts- Thought I was right at first about them being spammed to death, but that was until I ran into an MG42. That pretty much countered that argument.

- IS-2, nice and strong, a bit too strong if you ask me. Looks very nice, and props to the creator.

Overall, I am very pleased with the mod. I do feel, however, that the Soviets are a tad to strong- Not in all areas mind you, but certain ones.
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."