Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Skin Mods for Eastern Front!  (Read 41670 times)

Offline UltimateTobi

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Mods for Eastern Front!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
A friend of mine tried this skin pack: http://companyofheroes.filefront.com/file/Realistic_Skin_Pack;94887

I wanted to know if you guys are able to make it compatible with your mod, because it's a big skin pack and would bring a very realistic feeling in the game. :)

Offline fannypack

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
A friend of mine tried this skin pack: http://companyofheroes.filefront.com/file/Realistic_Skin_Pack;94887

I wanted to know if you guys are able to make it compatible with your mod, because it's a big skin pack and would bring a very realistic feeling in the game. :)

Isn't that what RSP is?

Offline UltimateTobi

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »

Isn't that what RSP is?
Really? Well I don't use Skin Mods nor I try 'em, but if it's RSP, I'll tell my friend to try it. Thanks. :D

Offline Danius

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Really? Well I don't use Skin Mods nor I try 'em, but if it's RSP, I'll tell my friend to try it. Thanks. :D
[/quote]

The RSP is version 6.1

Your link is version 5

Offline Blaze86420

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »
my version is compatible now, but same old vanilla skins. still doesnt work.

Offline CommissarRed

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »
oops, wrong thread.

Offline redguardsoldier

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Do I have to backup anything when using the skin mod version that posted here? Just install it and enjoy?

Offline BorisNBob

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 04:23:25 AM »
Coud someone send me a pic of the skins? I just want to know what they look like before I decide to download them. ;)

Offline UltimateTobi

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
Coud someone send me a pic of the skins? I just want to know what they look like before I decide to download them. ;)
I have no screens, but RSP 6.1 gives your game realistic skins, everywhere in the Wehrmacht and Panzer Elite are Swastika (where they should be). Original camo of the units, new camos for tanks, etc. Just realistic. (For all factions.)

Offline BorisNBob

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »
Ok, thanx! (and lol at the link :D)             

Offline каноширо

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »
problems with the skins on the T-34 tanks are red
help solve this problem

Offline axe500

• Ingenery
  • The True Hero is the One Who Never Comes Home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 04:49:46 AM »
Hi,some guy called BurroDiablo said to me that i can request for modfying skins here,pls make this skin in WW2art.sga file :http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=190930 (only those infantry skins) and if you know this skin's :
Werhrmacht: http://img150.imageshack.us/i/relic00186.jpg/ [nofollow]
United States: http://img140.imageshack.us/i/relic00190.jpg/ [nofollow]

this are Widowmaker1's skins and if you know him pls say to him that make his skins compatible for CoH:ToV and your mod(meaning make this is WW2art.sga file) THANKS.

Offline funnyme

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 05:25:56 AM »
this are Widowmaker1's skins and if you know him pls say to him that make his skins compatible for CoH:ToV and your mod(meaning make this is WW2art.sga file) THANKS.

Hi,

All his skins are compatible with TOV , Why dont you try extracting WW2art.sga to the EF folder and then installing the skins from RN forum .

Regards
funnyme
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.

Offline axe500

• Ingenery
  • The True Hero is the One Who Never Comes Home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »
@funnyme

hi,could you pls send me the link of his skins in WW2art.sga file form,because i can't find it,all i can find is this kind of folder WHskins/data/art/models.....and so on,but it wouldn't work,so i need this skins converted to WW2art.sga,if you know a link pls post it here.

Offline funnyme

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »
Hi,

Try this ,

WARNING : Altering ww2Art.sga and relicCOH.module files doesn't prevent to play online, but prevents to make a game update so it's necessary to save the genuine files and put them back before any patching.

Phase one: Unpack used archives (http://modstudio.corsix.org/)
•Launch Corsix;
•Select load single sga archive
•Select "THQ\Company of Heroes\WW2\Archives\ww2Art.sga"
•On the left, top window, an "data" folder appears. Right click on it and select "extract all files in this folder", then "go!"
•Choose where to extract folder... Create a new folder where you have space enough, call it "myWW2" then 'OK'. You will see the extraction in progress. Then close Corsix. or \Program Files\THQ\Company Of Heroes\Eastern_Front\Data\art

Phase two: Insert Skin pack files in 'myWW2Art' or \Program Files\THQ\Company Of Heroes\Eastern_Front\Data\art

•Copy the files in ww2/Data/art from the mod .zip file
•Paste it in 'myWW2' \Program Files\THQ\Company Of Heroes\Eastern_Front\Data\art, the one you've created. You will be ask to overwrite existing files. You have to answer yes.

Phase three: repack ww2Art.sga

•Open Corsix again
•Open an sga archive (or open or create a mod)... this steps just allow you to access some options of Corsix.
•On the top left menu bar, select 'MOD', 'SGA Packer'
•In the Input directory, browse to 'myWW2' or \Program Files\THQ\Company Of Heroes\Eastern_Front\Data\art directory
•In the SGA to create browse to 'THQ\Company of Heroes\WW2\Archives\ww2Art.sga' then click 'Create'.
•This process might take few minutes.

Phase four : Modify relicCOH.module

•Edit the RelicCOH.module file with notepad and modify the following part that way:
Genuine file :
[attrib:common]
folder =
archive.01 = WW2\Archives\AttribArchive

Modified file :
[attrib:common]
folder =
archive.01 = WW2\Archives\Attrib***
archive.02 = WW2\Archives\AttribArchive

***the name of your mod . This is already present in the EF module file , So no changes required there,  if you are using the EF folder.

Phase five: Play

Regards
funnyme
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:27:19 AM by funnyme »
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.