Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Not able to log in?  (Read 3922 times)

Offline PersianImm0rtal

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Not able to log in?
« on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
Is anyone else not able to log in to coh right now? been like this for hour or two

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Not able to log in?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »
After I installed the patch I couldn't log in, it would stay at the screen saying Logging in...

Offline PersianImm0rtal

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
Some people on TS told me that if you leave on the logging in screen for like 10 minutes it will eventually connect but relics server is down

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
Down for maintenance?

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
It is not related to the Eastern Front patch. Relic's servers are having some troubles, by the looks of things.

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:27:46 PM »
Do you think there going to some how shut down the servers for all the Eastern Front users...  ???

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
It is not related to the Eastern Front patch. Relic's servers are having some troubles, by the looks of things.
EF may be a factor in it, though. Every server I saw was running EF and the mod's fan are so large.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »
A combination of Eastern Front's release and a 'coincidental' sale on many different digital distribution websites has led to record numbers of players on Relic Online, which wasn't built to expect such a large influx. Simple as.

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
Wow never thought of it that way...(sh*t everyone get off EF I want to play!!!) lol

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
A combination of Eastern Front's release and a 'coincidental' sale on many different digital distribution websites has led to record numbers of players on Relic Online, which wasn't built to expect such a large influx. Simple as.
It still is a coincidence that the digtal sale occured the same day as EF's release. ::)
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
How long do you think it will be until we can log back in... also why isn't there an offline system where you wouldn't need to log in.

Offline Relaxx

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
It IS possible to log in. It just takes ages, like 5-10 minutes. If you want to change profile once you're logged in, expect a similar waiting time.

Offline Twinbird

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »
How long do you think it will be until we can log back in... also why isn't there an offline system where you wouldn't need to log in.

There is, I have one copy of Company of Heroes (Gold Edition) that I have installed on three computers. However, I only have 2 Relic Online accounts. So when my friends come over to play LAN this is what I do to get the third computer online, but not signed into Relic Online (thus not needing a Relic Online account):
1. Go to My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes and delete everything in the Cache folder.
2. Unplug computer from internet, start CoH.
3. CoH will ask you for the disk or whatever to verify you own the game, do what it says.
4. Once at the main menu, plug internet cord back into computer and you can play single play and LAN (hook up with friends using Leaf or whatever program you want).

Offline GonTo30

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »
I use the steam version though.

Offline packman13

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »
same with me i haven't been able to log in for a while