Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: BRitish resource sharing???? n Faulty Map with unbalanced resource...???  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Soul.j

• Strelky
    • View Profile
i am Curious how resource sharing for russians work.
from what i understand, russians in the new patch is beatable.  but when it comes to british and larger maps along side with the russians.  its an different story.

Brits would first tactially op all muntion points, making high munition points up to +26. and they can do it to more then one, in some maps, and there are stupid maps with only 15 fuel. how do you assume the axist can even get to late game with that amount of fuel, axist cant even upgrade anything lol.. 

since the brtish is producing HUGE amound of muntion income for the russians,  meaning russian upgrades are cheaper then anything.

katushers, comes in with only 300 man power, then followed by criping barrage, and ROO spam..  mmeh........ dont get me wrong, but game is balance, i am just curious if the resource sharing is being considered off.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:33:40 AM by Soul.j »

Offline doomlord52

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: BRitish resource sharing???? n Faulty Map with unbalanced resource...???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »
Yea, the fuel on some maps is insanely dumb, while on other ones its crazy. I just played a 2v2 map where holding HALF of it gave me and my team-mate +48 fuel. Meanwhile, we only had like +20 munitions because there were only 4x +5 munitions.

Other maps, as you said, are complete death-traps for the entire axis side of the game as they have next to no fuel.
Core i7 920 @ 3.6ghz | 12GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz | Win XP x64 & 7 x64 | GTX 295 | 24" 1920x1200
CoH Auto 1v1 // Basic
Lvl 8 Wehr | Lvl 8 PE // Lvl 10 wehr | Lvl 8 PE

Offline Soul.j

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »
OK
now maps>!.!!~!! MAPSS!!!

who ever made most of those maps iam sorry to say are obiously have no idea how to make resource points balance.
Maps with only 15 fuel in the entire game? mosvko or how ever you call it... its insane~ ...  axist will not be able to even reach late armour and upgrade, having said there is soo much muntion around for russians to do upgrades,  thats like russian must win maps? did he considered game balance at all?  can we rearrage those resource points so that maps is a bit more balanced. and resource evenly distributed.

Most maps have narrow paths... like 2 narrow paths, and maps like vare river .....

and that map called kursk is the worse,. trying to cap those fuel int he middle is the most stupid idea. have all bunkers facing the other oponent. ? who thinks that is bbalanced ? take those bunkers out.. or make them destroyed bunkers. unmanable ones. 
dont get me started with the FUEL... there is one high FUEl int he middle. wihch is almost impossible to get for axist , since it could be easily Flanked.  and Far high fuel up the top, which by default, russian army starts from that direction, wh ich they will also get it.. why cant there be high fuel next to each others base. if you measure it, both high fuel is near the top base. or easily defended by allies in early game. please balance and evenly distribute the resource points~!!! repatch the maps.!...

Offline WhiteFlash

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Reborn
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 02:24:48 AM »
most of these maps are made for non competitive, comp stomp games.  its fine if some people like those but there DO need to be more high quality competitive maps.  agreed.  the only map that is competitive at the moment is Tannenburg and maybe some of the 1v1 maps.

And good point about the brits w soviets

Offline groundfire

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:51 AM »
Also, do russian infantry supply dead bodies for medics to pick up?

I looked in the RGDs and it says for conscripts...

Maximum death time = 40
Min. death time = 30
Splat_seconds_after_death_or_rescue = 45

This says to me that cheapo russian conscripts can be picked up by medic teams and turned into expensive tommy squads and rifle squads.

I just had a game against 2 russians and one brit, and the brit's blob got very big, very fast.

Russian infantry are eventually supposed to die, so i dont know who's bright idea it was to make CCS's and Medic tents pick up a 150/200mp meat shield has to die in droves unit.

The synergy is too damn good. Make the russians die instantly instead of having them be wounded on the ground.
Only have the better russian inf. able to be picked up like Guards, and the command squad.

Offline BlackMensa

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »
i agree here absolutely with groundfire. never thought about that in his way, but making only t3 and elite inf beeing convertable to tommies and rifles would be awesome

Offline LeRagpicker

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »
tannenberg looks fine as 2v2 map. the others dont really seem to be balanced well..

Offline w00tm0ng3r

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
tannenberg looks fine as 2v2 map. the others dont really seem to be balanced well..

Definitely. Kursk and Cottbus immediately come to mind as Cottbus has a sever lack of munitions which just screams Russian favoritism. They might not get as many upgrades but they're now the only guys who can use abilities... Kursk is terrible for a whole slew of reasons.

And has anyone checked out Leningrad yet? The thing's Scheldt 2.0... It's like they carbon copied the map and rotated it about 45 degrees, renamed it, and said "done".

And yes the Brit medic tent crap needs to go. That's just pure BS, it turns a 200 mp squad into effectively 720 mp. That's 360% efficiency. For comparison, everyone bitches and moans about the wehr medbunker's 134% efficiency from turning volks into grens... Add in all the already present incentives to get your men killed (especially after getting an upgrade) and mechanisms designed to make it hard for you to save your men even if you want to, and team games quickly spiral into a clusterf***.

Offline Soul.j

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
British bunkers is .. always being a problem. but now with russians its thirrbled lol..

whre medic bunker even defensive bunker is like 5 short dead..  damn.. dont think any body on the axist side can kill an bunker that quick lol.. from the disdance, unless you have like hummels which misses 50% of the time.

Post Merge: January 26, 2010, 02:09:06 PM
An russian untrained conscript.. gets rescued by an british filed hospital, and comes back with an english passport, and
super training and speaks perfect english?

i UNderstand game is not all about realisim, but maybe this case its not all about balance either :0 lol

Also, do russian infantry supply dead bodies for medics to pick up?

I looked in the RGDs and it says for conscripts...

Maximum death time = 40
Min. death time = 30
Splat_seconds_after_death_or_rescue = 45

This says to me that cheapo russian conscripts can be picked up by medic teams and turned into expensive tommy squads and rifle squads.

I just had a game against 2 russians and one brit, and the brit's blob got very big, very fast.

Russian infantry are eventually supposed to die, so i dont know who's bright idea it was to make CCS's and Medic tents pick up a 150/200mp meat shield has to die in droves unit.

The synergy is too damn good. Make the russians die instantly instead of having them be wounded on the ground.
Only have the better russian inf. able to be picked up like Guards, and the command squad.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:09:06 PM by Soul.j »