Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Is there going to be a ranking system ?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Soul.j

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Is there going to be a ranking system ?
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
From wat I understand there will be a ranking officer system like the other army. But my question is when will there be one for russian?  Wats being done about that so far ?

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Is there going to be a ranking system ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
they are contacting relic about the problem (I believe)   

Offline Tarkka-ampuja

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
They need Relic to endorse this as an offical expansion, as I understand it.. It is not hard to do, but it may be hard to convince Relic, as they are a company and most company's would like some sort of profit for their work.. That said most companys arn't Relic and Relic lives for it's community..

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
They need Relic to endorse this as an offical expansion, as I understand it.. It is not hard to do, but it may be hard to convince Relic, as they are a company and most company's would like some sort of profit for their work.. That said most companys arn't Relic and Relic lives for it's community..

Now this depends if relic is going to continue supporting COH and making another expansion, maybe a soviet one, themselves. If they are done support for COH i dont see why they cant endorse EF as one. But if they arent done, then it probably wont happen.

Offline Tarkka-ampuja

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »
Yeah, Relic arn't done I think, not for a long shot, but there probably won't be an expansion for another year or two.. DoW II can't lead the company as a flag, it's got too many loose ends that need tieing, CoH is the only "Perfect RTS" that can be expanded in the world. Things like the Age of Empires series have hit their prime, and now they're just making expansions about Indians, it's not that fun anymore, CoH will always have something new avaliable... Who brings it into the light is another matter.. If Relic want to add their name to this Expansion (I do consider it an Expansion, such is the quality of it), then they should and stop jerking us around because it is an amazing work of art, and it proves how much effort, and love these people are willing to go to, to make sure the CoH franchise will not fail - if that's not a reason to help out modders 1 little bit, I can't help you.. Cause in my eyes these people are pioneers for the spirit of gaming right here.. A game that is tiltering on a knife's edge has been brought back to solid ground by hard working modders.. Well, isn't that a fairy tail..