Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Inability to recrew weopons  (Read 5884 times)

Offline korsun

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Inability to recrew weopons
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
First off all I wish to congratulate you on this mod....

The only frustrating thing I am finding is that weopons such as a mortar or anti tank gun, when playing as the Russian faction cannot be recrewed. Lets be honest if you were a russian soldier facing an oncoming tank and there is a uncrewed anti tank weopon close would you choose to ignore it and keep your rifle? Am I missing something here? ::)

Offline SK8ERatWAR

• Guard
  • two million soldiers can't be wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to recrew weopons
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:48 PM »
You're right, it's ok if they can't capture the axis weapons.. but their own weapens, why not? I mean, it's their own equipment..

Offline panzerjager1943

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
Coding issue. It is 100% impossible.

On the bright side we can just say the Russians didnt give their Riflemen the training to use Mortars.
But I assure you, as a modder myself, and having been explained it by EF, this is a limitation to making a new faction.

Offline korsun

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
I think that in the OMG mod you can recrew weopons?

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »
Eastern Front has not been adapted to OMG, and is not going to be at least until Eastern Front is "finished".

Also, yeah, Russian infantry were NOWHERE near as prepared as the soldiers of other nations to use all weapons of their own faction, nevermind those of other factions.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
This is a problem unique to 'NEW FACTIONS' only... of course OMG isn't going to suffer from it. Begs the question why we didn't just replace the Americans or British... but that wouldn't have been much of a challenge now, would it? :P

Offline Fivestargeneral

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »
This is a problem unique to 'NEW FACTIONS' only... of course OMG isn't going to suffer from it. Begs the question why we didn't just replace the Americans or British... but that wouldn't have been much of a challenge now, would it? :P

Does that mean we'll be stuck forever being unable to recrew weapons? Is there really no workaround or solution available? Can this be sorted out with Relic or sth? No offense here... mod is good it should have been an expansion!

Offline FrontSoldat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
how about an additional infantry squad wich is able to recrew any weapons because they recieved a special training?
"No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"
-Murphy's laws of combat

Offline bastex

• Guard
  • we enforce soviet will
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
replace the russians whit the british and make the brits a new faction :P brits dont need to retake weapons bcouse of all the emplacements :P
yes .... im sorry ><
bcouse i was  born as a complete utter bastard

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
Bastex... don't temp Rizz :P

Does that mean we'll be stuck forever being unable to recrew weapons? Is there really no workaround or solution available? Can this be sorted out with Relic or sth? No offense here... mod is good it should have been an expansion!

Unless Relic helps us, yes, we're stuck with it. Unless we decided to replace one of the original factions, which will be very hard to persuade the team to do.

how about an additional infantry squad wich is able to recrew any weapons because they recieved a special training

You're missing the problem... NOTHING can recrew with the Soviets because they are a new faction and this is a hardcoded problem that cannot be overcome with normal modding.

Offline Muaddib

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 02:58:46 PM »
I read somewhere that someone from the team already asked Relic for help on this... did they respond?

If not, maybe someone with a more direct line to relic can give you guys a hand at talking to them... Some moderators in the official relic forum are also active forum guys at Relicnews... IrisDane, I think???

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
I read somewhere that someone from the team already asked Relic for help on this... did they respond?

If not, maybe someone with a more direct line to relic can give you guys a hand at talking to them... Some moderators in the official relic forum are also active forum guys at Relicnews... IrisDane, I think???

We have a direct line to Relic. However, Company of Heroes barely being a priority for Relic (and especially not modding Company of Heroes), then I doubt we will recieve a fix anytime soon.

Offline Bjassie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
that's a bugger. Well hopefully it wil come soon enough. I mean on of those relic coders guys could probaly fix it in a couple of hours. (or even less)
Where has the good spirit gone of helping people? :P

Offline Aouch

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
Where has the good spirit gone of helping people? :P
... right down the floor, straight into toilet.

Problem is that Relic won't make much money out of EF. Sure, people may buy it, but I doubt so. Most people playing EF had CoH already before. And even if they bought it, you could purchase it for next to nothing. $10 or sth. similiar aren't worth the work for Relic...

However, there's still hope.  :)
In memoriam MrScruff
The Wehrmacht in the East

Obstheer FTW!

Offline BorisNBob

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna ask the same thing. Sucks tha Relic may not help, but at least they were told. :)