My Ostheer faction idea, I'm off school for a bit right now so I've had a couple days to think about this. I wanted to try and create a unique faction but try and keep it simple at the same time, the hard part was that most of the simple ideas have already been used in existing factions. I also wanted to try and keep the Ostheer true to the already existing Axis factions because it is basically the Wehrmacht faction but in the East. I'd like to know what you all think of what I have come up with. Some of the little bits in my idea are subject to change but the core idea will not.General Overview:
The biggest difference I'd have to say about my idea of the Ostheer faction is between the existing Wehrmacht faction is that the Kommandant unit (Officer Unit) plays a much more significant role in the battlefield than just being able to speed up production of one factory. The Kommandant observes the battlefield and the war effort and makes the calls to request better equipment in response to the new, improved weapons that the enemy fields later in battle and personally awards veterancy status and the upgrades that come with each level to all units among other things. Deploying the Kommandant for the first time at the beginning of the match will take but 10 seconds, however, if he is killed you will have to wait for 180 seconds before you can deploy another Kommandant... that means you will have no access to the better weapons and veterancy system that the Kommandant has control over in that 180s. Additionally, you will not have access to any of the "doctrine" abilities you have obtained so protect the Kommandant, especially from enemy snipers as they are capable of one-shot killing him unless he has 2 guards w/ him (see details below). Ostheer Pioneers can build an underground bunker for the Kommandant to use for protection from sharpshooters and artillery, but he will have to step outside in order to make requests for better weapons that the Ostheer will undoubtedly need for later in the fight.
Ideally, you would start off by first deploying the Kommandant and then your Pioneers to have them build a Heer Infantry Center to deploy Snipers (only after Advanced Fire Arms 1 Package has been request), Ostheer Grenadiers and Kubelwagen recon units to go and capture points. Your Ostheer Grenadiers can acquire better weapons at a munitions cost only after the Kommandant has requested them to the front. Your Ostheer Pioneers can build whatever base structure you want them to whenever if you have enough material.
Capture and secure enough fuel to build the Support Garage to deploy support for you Grenadiers such as the Sdkfz 251 halftrack (personal carrier), Sdkfz 10 halftrack (Towing Weapons, Anti-Infantry/Anti-Air Support, OR Securing Sectors), PaK 40 AT Gun, leFH 18 field howitzer, MG squads, and AT squads. The Panzer Factory supplys you with all your armor, it starts out producing just Pz IIs and IIIs and upgrades to produce better armor must be requested by the Kommandant.
Lastly, there are the "doctrines". Go for the "Tactical Measures" branch if you prefer advanced tactics for both infantry and tanks. Go for the "Vengeful Measures" if you want access to units and weapons superior to that of the enemy. Or if you prefer strict defense go for "Desperate Measures" commander branch which will allow to develop some of the most rugged defenses that neither the western front Wehrmacht nor the Panzer Elite could create.Listed below is a more detailed description of the Kommandant and Ostheer Pioneers:- Kommandant
- Don't know if this is how you spell Commander in German (Note: Must be deployed for Ostheer Pioneers to be deployed, only one Kommandant can be deployed at a time)
Starting weapon - 1x LugerAbilities:- Request Weapon Upgrades:
The time for Fire Arms Package requests to be completed is 20 seconds while the other three "armor-related" requests take 30 seconds to be completed.
- Advanced Fire Arms Package 1 (Requires Heer Infantry Center): Order for the Steilhandgranate, G43, and the MG42 to be brought to the front. Grenades are automatically given to Ostheer Grenadiers squads while the G43 can be acquired at a munitions cost. Snipers can now be produced in the Heer Infantry Center with this upgrade and MG42 squads can be produced in the Support Garage.
Cost to request this upgrade for the Ostheer Grenadiers is 50 MP and 15 Fuel.
- Advanced Fire Arms Package 2 (Requires Support Garage): Order for the MP44 and PanzerSchreck to be brought to the front, MP44 and PanzerSchreck upgrades are now available to Ostheer Grenadiers. PzShreck teams can now be produced in the Support Garage
Cost to purchase is 80 MP and 15 Fuel.
- Up-gunned Armor Request (Requires Panzer Factory): This request by the Kommandant requests for the production in the Panzer Factory of the Panzer IIF to cease and instead begin production of the stronger Panzer IIIJs to counter the appearance of improved enemy armor. Panzer IIIGs will remain in production.
Cost to request this upgrade is 200 MP and 50 Fuel.
- Advanced Panzer Factory Request: This request grants Ostheer Pioneers the ability to upgrade the Panzer Factory to Advanced Panzer Factory and make it big enough to field new more advanced armor required to take on the latest enemy tanks such as the Panzer IV G. Production of Panzer IIIJs and StuG IIIGs will remain.
Cost to request this upgrade is 250 MP and 50 Fuel.
- Advanced Armor Upgrade: Once the Kommandant has requested this upgrade, the Advanced Panzer Factory will now start fielding Panzer IV Hs (Pz IV automatically fitted with side armor skirts), Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (Tank destroyer fitted with the long and powerful PaK 42 L/70 gun), and production of the Panther to begin.
Cost to request this upgrade is 260 MP and 50 Fuel.- Award Veterancy upgrades:
When units are capable of veterancy upgrades, which they acquire through kills and damage taken (much like US and PE infantry), a notification will appear that will let you know that the unit is capable of increasing their rank. To actually obtain veterancy, the Kommandant has to award them the rank increase and can only do so when in a certain range of units that can rank up. When the Kommandant is in range of a unit capable of gaining 1 veterancy, you must activate the ability and then select the unit to award them the veterancy gain. The Kommandant has seen the unit fit and battle-hardened for the increase in veterancy rank. Benefits for increased veterancy include both increased attack power and increased defense power for both infantry and vehicle units (Axis vehicles don't get "extra parts" for veterancy increase). The Ostheer Pioneers can perform advanced repair when they achieve a level 1 veterancy.- Request Defensive Operations:
Request ability to allow Ostheer Pioneers to construct common defenses including bunkers that can be upgraded with MGs, barbed wire, and tank traps. This is automatically acquired if you select the Desperate Measures commander selection, otherwise the cost to acquire this is 200 MP.- Upgrades:
2x Elite SS Guards w/ MP44 Assault Rifles
Note: Enemy Snipers/Sharpshooter units who target a Kommandant unit with this upgrade will snipe the guards first.
Benefits - Better vs. Infantry, less chance of the Kommandant himself being killed by a sniper in one shot.
Cost: 75 munitions- Ostheer Pioneers (2 man squad)
Starting weapons - 2x LugersAbilities -
- Build Base Structures: (Yeah I know the names of each building aren't so special, but they still get the point across as to what each building is for)
Heer Infantry Center
Cost to build is 200 MP and 15 Fuel
Cost to build is 220 MP and 30 Fuel
Cost to build is 260 MP and 50 Fuel
Underground Bunker (Ideal to use for protecting the Kommandant. Note, the Kommandant can't use any of his abilities when inside bunker)
Cost to build is 250 MP
- Repair Damaged Vehicles and Structures (Can be awarded upgrade of advanced repair by Kommandant as a veterancy level 1 upgrade)
- Build Defenses (Acquired once the Kommandant has requested it or automatically if you select the Desperate Measures commander selection):
*Bunkers (can only be upgraded to have an MG gunner, automatically obtained if you have the "Prepared Defense" ability acquired in the Desperate Measures commander branch)
Cost is 150 MP, 50 munitions for MG gunner upgrade
*Trenches can be dugout and made available to infantry for better protection against air strikes and artillery barrages (only available if you have the "Prepared Defense" ability acquired in the Desperate Measures commander "doctrine")
*Buildable cover for all units (kind of like a "hull down" cover) for better resistance against air strikes and artillery barrages (only available if you have the "Prepared Defense" ability acquired in the Desperate Measures commander "doctrine")
- Camouflage (Only when you have Tactical Measures "doctrine" selected and the "Element of surprise" ability selected)
Can only use while in cover, not in a wide open area like a road. Can hold fire as well while hiding.
2x Kar 98K Rifles (+1 vs. Infantry). Costs 15 munitions
Advanced Repair. Acquired when awarded Level 1 veterancy by the Kommandant
Below are the Ostheer Buildings and what they produce.Ostheer Buildings:Ostheer HQ:
Cost: 100 MP and population space of 0
- Ostheer Pioneers
Cost: 120 MP and population space of 2Heer Infantry Center:
- Volkswagen "Kubelwagen" Recon Unit w/ MG gunner
Cost is 180 MP and population space of 2
- Volksgrenadiers (Only when you have the Desperate Measures commander selection selected and "The People's Army" ability acquired)
Cost: 250 MP and population space of 5
- Ostheer Grenadiers
Cost: 300 MP and population space of 4
- Snipers (After the Kommandant has requested Advanced Fire Arms Package 1 upgrade)
Cost: 340 MP and population space of 4Support Garage:
- Machine Gun Squad, Ostheer Grenadier squad w/two MG42s (After the Kommandant has requested Advanced Fire Arms Package 1 upgrade)
Cost: 400 MP and population space of 4
- PanzerShreck Squad, Ostheer Grenadier squad w/two PanzerShrecks (After the Kommandant has requested Advanced Fire Arms Package 2 upgrade)
Cost: 420 MP and population space of 4
- 7.5 cm PaK 40 AT Gun
Cost: 400 MP and populaton space of 8
- 10.5 cm leFH 18 Light Field Gun
Cost: 380 MP and population space of 6
- Sdkfz. 251 Halftrack Personal Carrier
Cost: 220 MP, 15 Fuel, and population space of 4
- Sdkfz. 10 Halftrack Specialized Carrier
Cost: 200 MP, 15 Fuel, and populaton space of 4Panzer Factory:
Produces:Beginning w/ no upgrades requested by Kommandant:
- Panzer IIF
Costs: 280 MP, 35 Fuel, and 4 population space
- Panzer IIIG
Costs: 300 MP, 40 Fuel, and 8 population spacew/ Up-Gunned Armor Upgrade requested:
- Panzer IIIG
Costs: 300 MP, 40 Fuel, and 8 population space
- Panzer IIIJ
Costs: 350 MP, 50 Fuel, and 8 population space
Production of Pz IIF ceases.w/ Advanced Panzer Factory Request requested:
- StuG IIIG
Costs: 340 MP, 50 Fuel, and 4 population space
- Panzer IIIJ
Costs: 350 MP, 50 Fuel, and 8 population space
- Panzer IVG
Costs: 410 MP, 80 Fuel, and 8 population space
Production of the Pz IIIG ceases.w/ Advanced Armor Upgrade requested:
- StuG IIIG (w/ side armor skirts already installed)
Costs: 340 MP, 50 Fuel, and 4 population space
- Panzer IVH (Pz IV w/ side armor skirts already installed)
Costs: 425 MP, 80 Fuel, and 8 population space
- JagdPanzer IV L/70
Costs: 475 MP, 110 Fuel, and 8 population space
Costs: 600 MP, 110 Fuel, and 12 population spaceNow here are the "doctrines":Tactical Measures
- We must use our superior tactics and planning to get the best of the Red Army. The Red Army may have us greatly outnumbered but they are commanded by inexperienced minds when compared to us. Against an offensive force or defensive force, we will be able to utilize our superior tactics to thwart the enemy's war effort. The Soviets have numbers but we have tactics, we will show them what that can help us achieve over them.
Note: Pioneers, Ostheer Grenadiers, MG squads, and AT squads obtain a Sprint ability once you have selected this "doctrine".Infantry tactics
1. Element of surprise - All infantry units can use a camouflage ability only when in cover (camo can't be activated on the open road). Additionally, all infantry units obtain a greater sense of awareness which allows them to detect enemy units at longer range before they detect them. (1 CP point required)
2. Ambush methods - Our infantry can now use a variety of ambush methods to help decimate enemy formations. Ostheer Grenadier squads can be upgraded with a squad leader. Ostheer Grenadier units with squad leader can tag other infantry squads and actions performed by the unit w/ the squad leader can be performed simultaneously by the tagged squads. While hiding and an enemy squad passes by, the unit w/ the squad leader can instruct itself and tagged squads to fire at the enemy unit all at the same time for great effect. In addition, Ostheer Grenadier squads have the ability the throw 4x grenades at a time at twice the normal throw distance (1x grenade from each squad member) while hiding and Ostheer Grenadier squads tagged by a unit w/ a squad leader have increased fighting ability (group zeal kind of ability). (3 CP points required)
3. Selective targeting - Sniper units/VW Kubelwagen Recon units can tag enemy units and snipers can also call in an off-map light howitzer bombardment. Cost is 100 munitions and cooldown times is 30 seconds. (2 CP points required)Tank tactics
1. Tank ambush - All tanks can use a camouflage ability to ambush enemy units, Axis tanks must be in cover and not on the road to utilize this action. (1 CP point required)
2. Command tank - Call in one tank of your choice to command as many as 3 tanks. The commanding tank's followers will perform the exact same actions as the commanding tank. If you instruct the commanding tank to move in a certain direction it's following tanks will do the same (2 tanks on each side of the command tank and 1 behind it) and if you instruct the commanding tank to fire on a certain enemy unit it's followers will fire on the same unit. This can be used in correlation with the ambush action in which a command tank can authorize the order to attack. Cost to call in command tank varies, 450 MP for Pz IIIJ, 500 for Pz IVH, 700 MP for Panther D, 1000 MP for Tiger I. Cooldown time in between call-ins is 30s and only one command tank can be called in at a time. (3 CP points required)
3. Tactical communication - A command tank can instruct following tanks to move around and flank an enemy target and hit it from it's side that the command tank is targeting. A nice manuever when confronted with an Allied tank that is too heavily armored in the front to be destroyed so easily. (2 CP points required)Vengeful Measures
- How dare the Bolshevik scums challenge Axis dominance. One complete army was surrounded and destroyed at Stalingrad in their effort to capture the city for our worthy cause, we will not let their sacrifice be in vain. The Soviets believe that with that one victory, though it be decisive, that our defeat is imminent. Well they shall be proven wrong. With our depleted formations rebuilt with fresh Wehrmacht troops, Waffen SS fanatics, and new equipment, the Red Army has yet to see the full might of the Third Reich. But they will now.Waffen SS Support
1. Waffen SS Panzer Grenadier Support Group- SS Grenadiers and arrive in an SS Sdkfz 251 "Hanomag" halftrack equipped with machine guns that remain active even when not garrisoned and have a medical healing ability that can heal nearby troops with a certain distance. The SS Panzer Grenadiers can capture territory quicker than any other Ostheer unit and also gain a offensive and defensive boost when around SS Panzers. Cost to call in is 400 MP and population space of 10 (6 for the SS Grenadiers and 4 for the SS halftrack).
(2 CP points required). Cooldown time in between call-ins is 30s.
2. Waffen SS Panzer Support - Call in a Waffen SS Tiger I tank. Advantages this elite unit has over any of it's foes are extended view/range. Two other SS Panzers will be called in alongside it as well (it'll will either be 2 Pz IIIJs, 2 PzIVs, or 1 of each). MP cost is 1500 and population space required is 30. (3 CP points required)
3. Waffen SS Tactics - SS Panzer Grenadiers obtain a "Charge!" ability that can be used in conjunction with the SS Panzer tanks "Group Rush" ability. Additionally, your 3 SS Panzer tanks can now move together in one single unit if you want them to. When in one single unit, your 3 SS Panzers can use the "Group Rush" ability that increases speed and fire rate for a short amount of time and can also all fire on one specific target if instructed to do so. The Waffen SS will make a nice offensive vanguard.
(3 CP points required)Weapon Superiority
1. Superior Fire Arms - Munitions gets a boost! With this ability activated weapon upgrades for all units requiring munitions are 50% less of the original cost. Perfect to use when you need to quickly arm a formation w/ superior fire power quickly for a task that can't wait to be done. No cost to activate, Cooldown is 180 seconds. (2 CP points required)
2. Superior AT Support - Call in a Nashorn long range TD to support groups fighting enemy armor from a distance. The Nashorn has light armor but a powerful 88mm PaK 43 L/71 AT gun, the same gun mounted on the Jagdpanther. The Nashorn has the range and spotting of a PaK 38 AT gun but in locked down position it's firing range increases to that of a FlaK 88.
Cost to call in is 600 MP and population space of 8. Cooldown in between call-ins is 30s and only two Nashorns can be in the battlefield at the same time. (3 CP points required)
3. Superior Fire Power - Heavy Artillery barrage bombards an enemy position followed by a strafing and bombing run by a pair of Stuka dive bombers. Performing this action on an position and following up with a well prepared Panzer group w/ infantry support is ideal and can punch a hole in enemy lines, allowing units to pour through the hole and harrass the enemy from behind, capturing/cutting off territory or damaging the enemy HQs which will undoubtedly hamper the enemy's war effort.
Cost to use this ability is 200 munitions, cooldown time is 60 seconds. (4 CP points required)Desperate Measures
- The Soviets threaten the Fatherland as they come closer and closer to the west. They continue their advance and the morale of our people continues to diminish. We must not let the advancing Red Army cross the border into Germany and we must not let the morale of our people continue to fall. We can no longer advance, we must muster all we can to defend the last of our territory and make the Allies bleed heavily for it.
Note: Ostheer Pioneers automatically gain the ability to construct common defenses when you select this branch (see above in Kommandant's abilities)Morale Boosters
1. The People's Army - The people of Germany answer to the Fatherland's call for help, Volkgrenadiers and Volkssturm can be called in to aid the Wehrmacht in it's efforts. Volkgrenadiers can be produced in the Heer Infantry Center at a cost of 250 MP and 5 population space and Volkssturm can be called in at a cost of 220 MP and 5 population space.
Cooldown time in between call-ins for the Volkssturm is 15 seconds. (2 CP points required)
2. Propaganda Aid - Propaganda inspires those reluctant to join the war effort to think otherwise. The manpower cost decreases for producing Volksgrenadiers (180 MP) + calling in Volkssturm (150 MP) for a solid 20 seconds, so be sure to produce as much as you can in that time range in order to get more resistance to the front if required. Ideal to use in case the enemy has overwhelmed a certain position and is capable of freely roaming in our territory without opposition. Ability has no cost to activate. Cooldown is 180 seconds. (3 CP points required)
3. Reinforced Determination - With this ability active, all units disregard any previous thoughts of emminent defeat. All units fight more fiercely, additionally no infantry units will scream through communications that they are being destroyed (Ex. Infantry units yelling "We are being destroooyyyeeddd....!", "Man down!!!! Man down!!!!", or "We lost another man!!!!!" while fighting) through the comm when engaged by a larger group of enemy troops or vehicles) indicating they show little or no fear when opposed by superior numbers.
Ability cost nothing to activate and it stays active for 90 seconds. Cooldown is 120 seconds. (3 CP Points required)Desperate Defense
1. "The Red Storm is Coming!" - Ostheer Pioneers can build defense much faster than usual.
Cost to activate is 45 munitions and it remains active for 45 seconds. Cooldown time is 60 seconds. (1 CP point required)
2. Prepared Defense - Allows Ostheer Pioneers to build trenches for infantry and quality buildable cover for field guns and tanks to create a better, more dug-in defense that will be more resistance against bombing runs/artillery and mortar strikes. Additionally, Ostheer Pioneers are also able to reinforce all Axis structures and buildable emplacements to make them more resistance to enemy fire. Also, bunkers built by Ostheer Pioneers automatically have MG gunners and require no upgrade.
(3 CP points required)
3. Behemoth - Call in a Ferdinand heavy tank destroyer. This vehicle is a perfect choice when requiring sufficient AT power when confront by a large enemy armored offense. The Ferdinand however, has very limited gun transverse and will even require the whole vehicle to be turned to track down a target and it's sluggish speed make it virtually a sitting duck so it is best used in supporting defenses. Only one Ferdinand can be issued to the front so use it wisely, once it's gone you won't get another.
Cost to call in is 500 MP and population space of 16. (5 CP points required)
Now list below are all the units of the Ostheer faction w/ a brief description + abilities of each unit.Ostheer Infantry Units:Universal Abilities:
- Camouflage (Only when you have Tactical Measures "doctrine" selected and the "Element of surprise" ability acquired)
Can only use while in cover, not in a wide open area like a road. Can hold fire while hiding as well.
- Build Defenses (Only with Desperate Measures commander selection selected)
- Throw Grenade
Cost to use ability is 25 munitions- Ostheer Grenadiers (4 man squad)
Core infantry unit of the Ostheer faction.
Starting weapons - 4x Kar98K Rifles
Weapon Upgrades (only one upgrade can be acquired of the 3 listed below) -
- 2x G43 Semi-Automatic Rifles (Advanced Fire Arms Package 1 requested by Kommandant required)
Benefits: Better vs. Infantry, good for long range combat
Cost: 50 munitions
- 2x MP44 Assault Rifles (Advanced Fire Arms Package 2 requested by Kommandant required)
Benefits: Better vs. Infantry, good for short + medium range combat
Cost: 75 munitions
- 2x PanzerShrecks (Advanced Fire Arms Package 2 requested by Kommandant required)
Benefits: Better vs. Light vehicles, Tanks, and Structures
Cost: 75 munitions- Machine Gun Squad, Ostheer Grenadiers w/ 2x MG42s from the get-go (4 man squad)
Starting weapon - 2x Kar98k Rifles, 2x MG42s (Can be dropped in battle when suffering casualties)
Can use a "Lock Down" ability where the MG squad remains stationary to make better use of their MG42s.
No cost to use and cooldown time is 15 seconds.- PanzerSchreck Squad, Ostheer Grenadiers w/ 2x PanzerShrecks from the get-go (4 man squad)
Starting weapon - 2x Kar98k Rifles, 2x PanzerShrecks (Can be dropped in battle when suffering casualties)
Can use a "Group Fire" ability where the AT team fires both PzShrecks at the same and with better focus to guarentee a more powerful and accurate hit on enemy armor.
No cost of resources to use and cooldown time is 60 seconds.- Sniper (1 man)
Starting weapon - 1x Kar98k Sniper Rifle
Camouflage (can hold fire as well when ability is active)
Tag in enemy units to trace them in the fog of war, similar to one of the PE's Kettenkrad abilities (only when you have acquired the "Selective targeting" ability in the Tactical Measures commander selection)
Call in light howitzer bombardment (only when you have acquired the "Selective targeting" ability in the Tactical Measures commander selection)
Cost is 100 munitions, cooldown is 60 seconds"Doctrinal" Ostheer Infantry Units:- Volksgrenadiers (5 man squad) (Only available for production in the Heer Infantry Center when you have the Desperate Measures commander selection selected and "The People's Army" ability acquired)
Note: Volksgrenadiers gain an offensive and defense bonus when fighting alongside the better trained Ostheer Grenadiers.
Starting weapon - 3x Kar98k Rifles, 2x MP40s
Acquire Veterancy, this Volks squad unit has proven itself worthy of acquiring ranks of veterancy. With this upgrade Volksgrenadier units can acquire veterancy from the Kommandant if they have enough kills and damage taken.
Cost to acquire is 25 munitions- Volkssturm (5 man squad) (Only available as a call-in when you have the Desperate Measures commander selection selected and "The People's Army" ability acquired)
Note: Unlike any other Ostheer infantry unit, Volkssturm can not achieve veterancy. Not even with an upgrade like the Volksgrenadiers
Starting weapons - 2x Kar98 Rifles, 1x MP40, the other 2 members have no weapons but fire the Pzfausts.
Fire 2x Pzfausts
Cost to use: 50 munitions
Fire 3x Pzfausts
Cost to upgrade: 100 munitions, Cost to use: 50 munitions- SS Panzer Grenadiers (4 man squad) (Only available as a call-in unit when you have the Vengeful Measures commander selection selected and "Waffen SS Panzer Grenadier Support Group" ability acquired)
Charge! (Only available when you have the Vengeful Measures commander selection selected and "Waffen SS Tactics" ability acquired)
No Cost to use, cooldown is 90s
Cost: 25 munitions
2x MP44s + 2x PanzerShrecks
Benefits - Better vs. Infantry, Light Vehicles, Heavy Armor, and Emplacements and Structures
Cost: 100 munitions
Note: SS Panzer Grenadiers can capture territory quicker than any other Ostheer infantry units and gain offensive and defensive bonuses when around SS Panzers.Ostheer Heavy weapons- 7.5 cm PaK 40 AT Gun (3 man crew)
Heavier and stronger than the PaK 38 AT Gun. Packs a bigger punch but is slower to move by the crew. For faster mobility, it would be ideal to use the Sdkfz 10 halftrack to tow this weapon to it's destination.
Camouflage (Only when you have Tactical Measures "doctrine" selected and the "Element of surprise" ability acquired)
Can only use while in cover, not in a wide open area like a road. Can hold fire while hiding as well.- 10.5 cm leFH 18 Light Field Gun (4 man crew)
A light howitzer than can be produced and used for light artillery fire on enemy formations to disrupt them. Like the PaK 42 AT Gun, it's heavy weight make it hard for the crew to move at a quick enough speed so make sure you have an Sdkfz 10 halftrack available if you want to tow this gun to it's destination faster.
Artillery Bombardment, bombards a position that can also be in the fog of war for a total of 30 seconds. No cost to use, cool down time is 60 secondsOstheer Light Vehicle Units:
All available vehicles units in my idea for the Ostheer faction. Costs to build each unit and where they are produced are listed under the Ostheer Buildings and Structures section. This section shows the individual stats and abilities for each unit.- VW Type 82 "Kubelwagen" Recon Unit w/ MG gunnerhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbelwagen [nofollow]
A VW vehicle mounted w/ an MG gunner for recon and hunting down snipers. The Kubelwagen is also better at manuevering in rough terrain when compared to American Jeeps.
Tag enemy units to trace them in the fog of war (only when you have acquired the "Selective targeting" ability in the Tactical Measures commander selection)- Sdkfz 251 Halftrack
One of the most widely used personal carriers of the German Army. Ideal for use in transporting infantry when on the offensive. Infantry units can be reinforced when near a halftrack and it can be upgraded with a healing ability to heal nearby infantry units.
Note: SS Halftracks (acquired only if you have the "Waffen SS Panzer Grenadier Support Group" ability acquired in the Vengeful Measures "doctrine") have MG gunners already inside garrisoned or not as well as medical supplies.
Mount up - Infantry mount up inside the traffic for transport
Medical Supplies - nearby infantry units can heal
Cost to acquire this ability is 40 munitions - Sdkfz 10 Halftrackhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_10 [nofollow]
Another widely used vehicle in the German Army. Instead of transporting troops however, this vehicle specializes in towing heavy guns at a faster rate than their own crews. Gun crews for the PaK 40 and leFH 18 howitzer can mount up inside this halftrack while it tows their guns to their destination faster than they can. Sdkfz 10 Halftracks can also secure territory + upping the amount of resources acquired from a sector and be upgraded with a 2cm FlaK 30 for Anti-Infantry and Anti-Air support.
Tow - Allows the crew of a PaK 42 or leFH 18 howitzer to mount up inside while the halftrack tows their gun to their destination. Perfect if you want to get the gun to a certain spot faster than the speed the crew itself tows it at.
Note: This ability is nullified is you upgrade an Sdkfz 10 unit with a 2 cm FlaK 30 gun or Securing Sectors.
Upgrades (You can only acquire one of the two upgrades listed below for this unit, again acquiring an upgrade will nullify the "Tow" ability) -
- 2 cm FlaK 30 Upgrade
Benefits: Better vs. Infantry, Light Vehicles, Planes
Cost to acquire: 75 munitions
- Securing Sectors Upgrade
Benefits: Allows Sdkfz 10 halftracks to lock down and secure sector territories and obtain more resources from them (Note: The Sdkfz will need protection from infantry units as it will have no protection of it's own)
Cost to acquire: 25 munitionsOstheer Panzer and Panzerjager Units:
Universal abilities + upgrades:
- Camouflage (Only available when you have Tactical Measures commander selection select and the "Tank Ambush" ability acquired, cannot use when on the road)
- MG gunner
Benefits - + 3 vs. Infantry
Cost to acquire upgrade is 50 munitions- StuG IIIG
Cheap and reliable. One of the most widely used assault guns by the German Army during WWII. - Panzer II F
Poor vs. tanks, but still good against infantry and light vehicles.- Panzer III G
Bulk of the panzer forces from 1941 - 43. Upgunned and uparmored several times to keep pace with new improved enemy armor.- Panzer III J
An upgunned and uparmored version of the Panzer III, designed to counter the new T-34 and KV Soviet tanks.- Panzer IV G/H
Replaced the Panzer III as the main medium tank from late 1943 onward. Intended to be replaced by the Panther be stayed in production because of cheaper cost.
Note: The Panzer IV H is virtually the same vehicle but with side armor skirts attached to it from the get-go.- Jagdpanzer IV L/70
Jagdpanzer IV with a longer, more powerful PaK 42 L/70 gun for much improved armor penetration against tanks.- Panther
The Ostheer Panther is an early model D so it has a much higher chance of engine damage than the Panthers of the Wehrmacht and PE faction, although better side armor because of built-on side skirt armor as soon as it leaves the factory."Doctrinal" Panzer and Panzerjager Units:- Waffen SS Tiger I
Tiger I of the armed SS. The crew of this tank are of the specially trained SS Panzer Corps. Advantages of an SS Tiger I include extended view and range to allow it to engage enemies at ranges some of them couldn't even fire back.- Nashorn (Only available as a call-in unit when you have the Vengeful Measures commander "doctrine" selected and the "Superior AT Support" ability acquired)
Lock Down - lock down the vehicle for better range (has a range of a FlaK 88 when locked down) and spotting, like the lockdown ability of the PE Marder III but no increase in damage
No cost to activate, cool down time is 5 seconds- Jagdpanzer Tiger (P) Ferdinand or "Elefant" (Only available as a call-in unit when you have the Desperate Measures commander "doctrine" selected and the "Behemoth" ability acquired)
Upgrades & Abilities -
- Hull Down
Cost to acquire is 25 munitions. No cost to use but cooldown time is 5s
- Spotting Scope, which allows the Ferdinand to see more of the surrounding territory to make better use of it's deadly main gun.
Cost to acquire is 25 munitions.
- Coaxial MG for protection against enemy infantry in the front.
Cost to acquire is 25 munitions.