Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Petition to have Tank Ryders blow up with the T-34  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Jagged

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Petition to have Tank Ryders blow up with the T-34
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
....unless ordered to dismount before the tank blows up!

;)

Boo Yah! anyone??

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
Re: Petition to have Tank Ryders blow up with the T-34
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »
 ;)
Boo Yah! anyone??
Not all 4 of them. The same armor that protects the crue inside protects tank riders from the tank blowing up.

But they should not be immune to smallarms fire while on the tank.

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
They aren't though, I've seen small arms fire hurt riders.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
I've seen a direct hit mortar kill 3 of them once :D (Recaptured Heavy Mortar)

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
the funniest one is when you ram the T34 with another vehicle and it kills the passengers...the obvious risks of...not having armoured plates around you unlike being carried in an APC...

At least its not like the OP Roo where you can't flame the passengers, nade them or snipe them... :-X
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »
At least its not like the OP Roo where you can't flame the passengers, nade them or snipe them... :-X
As I remember you cant flame, nade, snipe wehrmacht and US halftrack mg gunners too. ::)
Roos cant reinforce and take away Cromwells so they are not that OP.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
Have you ever tried mounting a squad in a PE halftrack and then come near a flamer?...or see what a sniper does to them? Roo is the most OP unit in COH at this time...

In fact, mount a squad on any halftrak and sit next to a flamer...see what happens...if you've not tried it...humour me and chek it out... :)
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
Have you ever tried mounting a squad in a PE halftrack and then come near a flamer?...or see what a sniper does to them? Roo is the most OP unit in COH at this time...

In fact, mount a squad on any halftrak and sit next to a flamer...see what happens...if you've not tried it...humour me and chek it out... :)
Youre right, Roos are like cromwells with no guns but:
UKs Toomies are slow and expensive,
PIATs are inaccurate,
oficers are easy to kill,
Bren Carriers are useless in late game.

So in my opinion Roos should cost 20 more fuel but same MP as they do becouse if you have roos and Staghounds you dont need commandos that much, so different doctrines can be used.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »
PIATs are inaccurate,

So in my opinion Roos should cost 20 more fuel but same MP as they do becouse if you have roos and Staghounds you dont need commandos that much, so different doctrines can be used.

1: Keep a lieutenant near them,
2: Not really, they are extremely accurate
3: Go ahead and with out snipers target and kill the 3 Lts and 1 Cpt before you get killed...
4: No they ain't Use them like beefed up kettens with a Bren Squad in the Bren Carrier ;D

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 02:49:36 AM »
I know how you guys feel about changing the existing armies in COH, but if you did do something about the Roo.... I think that this mods popularity would improve with the stubborn vanilla crowd.

Offline SoccerSpartan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
I hate the roo... use the cromwelss instead because i can never find a real use for them and without cromwels you only have that light tank and the firefly (wich has terrible armour)
[nofollow]

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
PIATs are inaccurate,

1: Keep a lieutenant near them,
2: Not really, they are extremely accurate
3: Go ahead and with out snipers target and kill the 3 Lts and 1 Cpt before you get killed...
4: No they ain't Use them like beefed up kettens with a Bren Squad in the Bren Carrier ;D
1: Lieutenant is easy to kill unless you have a Roo.

2: PIATs extremely accurate at moving vechicles?
PIATSs suck when being alone (without a BREN Tommy or a blocking unit - lets say a cheap Roo ::)).

3: 3 Lts + 1 Cpt = 1050MP/80fuel. Ill just build 3 extra MP44 squads to support my blob. ;D Ill have a MG42 gren squad (med bunker) for every bren/rifle granade tommy(CCS) youll have and a shreck squad for every PIAT team.
Or Ill just bundle granade all of them. ;D

4: Id rather use a ROO and not get killed by a double shreck Stormtroopen or a PE shreck blob! :P

...Roos need to be more expensive (how could Relic made them cheaper than a Bren carrier?) but they olso need to be in the game to balance the power of late wehrmacht and the allmighty stormtroopen a.k.a. commonwealth killer.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 11:35:05 PM »
1: Lieutenant is easy to kill unless you have a Roo.

Have your tried targeting that singe unit with in a blob?
2: PIATs extremely accurate at moving vechicles?
PIATSs suck when being alone (without a BREN Tommy or a blocking unit - lets say a cheap Roo ::)).

PIATs are overly accurate regardless of if they are in a roos or not... IDK why but they only get a minor accuracy penalty, its stupid
3: 3 Lts + 1 Cpt = 1050MP/80fuel. Ill just build 3 extra MP44 squads to support my blob. ;D Ill have a MG42 gren squad (med bunker) for every bren/rifle granade tommy(CCS) youll have and a shreck squad for every PIAT team.
Or Ill just bundle granade all of them. ;D
3 LTs and 1 Cpt give the equivalent of vet 3 and they get more powerful as the Lts and Cpt level up

4: Id rather use a ROO and not get killed by a double shreck Stormtroopen or a PE shreck blob! :P

...Roos need to be more expensive (how could Relic made them cheaper than a Bren carrier?) but they olso need to be in the game to balance the power of late wehrmacht and the allmighty stormtroopen a.k.a. commonwealth killer.

Like I said a beefed up Ketten, a loaded Bren can capture points...a Bren Carrier with a Bren Squad in it can do quite a bit of damage to infantry that try and stop it

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:10 AM »

;)

Boo Yah! anyone??
I completely agree, but Tank Riders are vunerable to small arms fire already (Flame,Sniper Fire etc...). Fact is, if a tank does explode any infantry around it would die (because of Shrapnal) but it depends on the type of ammunition used to take out the tank. HE or a direct hit to the Tank shells would kill the surrounding infantry because the tank would actually explode (like a bomb),  but if an AT round hit it (no hit to the Tank shells or fuel) only the personel around the impact point would die. So, really, if you REALLY want to get technical with it, the Tank Riders only survive the blast if the Axis player was using Armor Piercing Rounds (which I doubt Germany has those in game), so in other words, the Tank Riders should die :)
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
  • Id explain WWII to you but your head would explode
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
All the people in halftracks do not die when the vehicles die but get hurt bad and HTs are harder to jump out of than sitting on top of a tank. For some reason though people die whenever they are inside a bunker that gets destroyed (Wehr) or buildings but not anything else.

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!
Relic name: SauerKRAUTSHD