Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer  (Read 9042 times)

Offline ScreamingStukas

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:44:05 PM »
I just thought of something while reading through my WWII books. After the year 1941, the German 3.5 million strong army that invaded the USSR had probably lost around a fifth of its original manpower. To make up for this to continue the attack in '42, Hitler had demanded his allies makeup the losses.

Perhaps this concept could used to bring Germany's allies into the game. Similar to the ability that allows the Soviets to immediately replace it's losses with a fresh squad under the Propaganda Strategy selection, perhaps one of the Ostheer's "doctrine" abilities could have an ability that will remain active longer and require no cost. German losses, like a Grenadier squad for example, would be replaced immediately by maybe two five man squads of Italians, Hungarians, or Romanians (a random selection). No population cost either and the cooldown would be perhaps 90s. These replacement troops will obviously be of low quality but they'll be able to deal with ST conscripts and ingenery.

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:34:28 AM »
Perhaps this concept could used to bring Germany's allies into the game. Similar to the ability that allows the Soviets to immediately replace it's losses with a fresh squad under the Propaganda Strategy selection, perhaps one of the Ostheer's "doctrine" abilities could have an ability that will remain active longer and require no cost. German losses, like a Grenadier squad for example, would be replaced immediately by maybe two five man squads of Italians, Hungarians, or Romanians (a random selection). No population cost either and the cooldown would be perhaps 90s. These replacement troops will obviously be of low quality but they'll be able to deal with ST conscripts and ingenery.

+1.
epic idea. one of the first ideas for a sensefull "foreign" unit.

Good work about this one.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:20:21 AM »
I agree its a good way to bring the other troops in. In comparison to other country's training terms the German Grenadiers where better trained then most. So it could be a good trade off.

Offline Daiwiz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:27:00 AM »
I think that could work quite well. I think this can be mixed with the ability to call in specific nationalities, but with a random squad of that nationality.

Perhaps this could be made into one of their three doctrines? A foreign reinforcement doctrine, comprised of calling in support units from Germany's allies.
In Soviet Union, rifle shoots you!

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:24:20 AM »
bloody brilliant! My God man you are smart! this makes good sense +1 lady +1   ;)

Offline Happycat

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »
This sounds like the perfect solution for the whole foreign troops debacle.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 08:12:06 AM »
+1.

Thats s shitty idea.
1. In 1944 german army had more man than in 1941 (volksgrenadiers).
2. The biggest German ally on the east Romania has an important part of army group south allmost from day 1 of invasion. They lost a lot of men at stalingrad too.
3. Who needs squads like volksgrenadiers late in the game?
German allies never had equipment to fight russian tanks. Everyone knows how shitty volks are when medium tanks show up.
4. If you want german allies they need to be early in the game. My idea - "Swapped Italian/Romanian/Hungarian Tier I." or/and "Europes support doctrine". Their in my Ostheer concept:
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2681.0
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:26:14 AM by Paciat »

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
i think the best allieds to add are the finns and the spaniards,because the finns they had good weapons and experience in the winter war,the spaniards are veterans of the spanish civil war and anti-communist volunteers with german weapons, remember the spanish blue divison was a standard division of the German army,and the main difference was that volunteers believed in this war and had more moral in battle.

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
i think the best allieds to add are the finns and the spaniards

well, they were veterans, so they have no place in a ability like this, do they?

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
stop this patriotism fanboy posts AGAIN.
Dont spam another topic with something noone really wants to hear anymore.

THIS IS ENOUGH ALREADY.

Take a look of the thread topic, this is a idea how to bring these guys in, it doesnt really care about who guys should be brought in.

_____
   STOP

The idea brought in here is really a good one. paciat pointed some facts against it out already, and also this is good and is just about the topic.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:32:09 PM by Venoxxis »

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany\'s allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »
+1.

Thats s shitty idea.
2. The biggest German ally on the east Romania has an important part of army group south allmost from day 1 of invasion. They lost a lot of men at stalingrad too.
German allies never had equipment to fight russian tanks. Everyone knows how shitty volks are when medium tanks show up.
4. If you want german allies they need to be early in the game. My idea - "Swapped Italian/Romanian/Hungarian Tier I." or/and "Europes support doctrine". Their in my Ostheer concept:
for one thing calling it shitty is just bad don't be an ass. I think that Volks are a good unit when it comes to fighting against Russia and it is very historically autocrat for Germany to have some weaker and cheaper later units 

Post Merge: March 09, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
i think the best allieds to add are the finns and the spaniards,because the finns they had good weapons and experience in the winter war,the spaniards are veterans of the spanish civil war and anti-communist volunteers with german weapons, remember the spanish blue divison was a standard division of the German army,and the main difference was that volunteers believed in this war and had more moral in battle.
ok now's where some facts are needed. May someone please tell me how many Axis soldiers there was on the Eastern Front in lets say......November 1943. Okay now in May '44 and May '45. oh wait, THE SPANISH BLUE DIVISION WAS DESTROYED IN OCTOBER 1943
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:32:44 PM by ford_prefect »

Offline My Name Is Ante

• Guard
  • Please, my name is Ante not Dante
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
Okay, please stop with those nationalism post...
We are talking about "how to" here isn't it?

I don't think it is good enough, Paciat has mention a lot of stuff so I just want to add: While many of us dislike the SU non-cost ability, it doesn't mean Ostheer should copy that, any ability that has something to do with map wide units I believe should cost ammo. The no pop though is kind of acceptable consider that they are weaker.

However, my vote (shall it available) is going to reward replacement unit.

Thanks
I am sorry for my bad

Offline Raider217

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
I agree with Ante with the reward units idea it means that those who want to use multi nation Ostheer can and those who want pure germans can as well, giving people choice and more variety in their units (however i think it should just be infantry units not tanks that can be changed)

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
What if instead of an ability it works more similar to the medic tent the Americans have? through i could see the problem of trying to make it unique instead of just a rip off of the medic mechanic

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
+1.

Thats s shitty idea.
for one thing calling it shitty is just bad don't be an ass. I think that Volks are a good unit when it comes to fighting against Russia and it is very historically autocrat for Germany to have some weaker and cheaper later units 

Post Merge: March 09, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
ok now's where some facts are needed. May someone please tell me how many Axis soldiers there was on the Eastern Front in lets say......November 1943. Okay now in May '44 and May '45. oh wait, THE SPANISH BLUE DIVISION WAS DESTROYED IN OCTOBER 1943

the spanish blue divison destroyed in 1943??????lol,please read books and not post bullshit,not say things against Spanish and less if they lie,in 1943 the blue division lost 3,000 men but stoped a soviet offensive causing 14,000 casualties to Russians but the dvision was never destroyed.
in 1944 the spanish combat in blue legion.
im 1945 the spanish combat in the wallonien ss and einzatgruppen ezquerra in berlin.

please ford_prefect post real things next time.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:41:43 PM by hernan cortes »