Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Problem launching game  (Read 9893 times)

Offline walker164

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Problem launching game
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »
I have coh through steam - been updated to 2.601.  Installed Eastern Front IN my steamapps/common/coh folder.  I run the launcher as an admin and it opens.  I click to check for updates....error.  Ok.  Manually download the 1.04 patch (if needed?) - installs fine.  Try to launch again and when i click the "play" button, nothing happens.  Set the CoH directory, just in case.  Still nothing happens when i click play.

Any suggestions?  Winders 7 64 bit btw.

Thanks!

Update:

Also installed the 2.4 launcher update.  Still doesnt do anything when i click play

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Problem launching game
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
This may be entirely wrong, but from what I am seeing is that you've gone out of order. ;)

1. Did you install all 4 patches? In order? (1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04)
2. Your launcher should be 3.1 at least when you downloaded the patches.
3. The updater is offline, find the patches on the forums. :D

Hope I helped!
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline walker164

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:24:31 AM »
This may be entirely wrong, but from what I am seeing is that you've gone out of order. ;)

1. Did you install all 4 patches? In order? (1.01,1.02,1.03,1.04)
2. Your launcher should be 3.1 at least when you downloaded the patches.
3. The updater is offline, find the patches on the forums. :D

Hope I helped!

Just did it, no go.  I've got the new 3.1 launcher by installing the patches 1 at a time though!  Still does nothing when a click the button...

Thanks for the help though!

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 12:41:26 AM »
I hope you uninstalled all patches before re-patching? Sorry I left that part out. If that doesn't help I'd take the Devs on this one ;)

Offline walker164

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »
Yea I'm pretty sure i did - as long as the patches uninstall when i uninstall EF and everything.  Is there a way to just avoid the launcher all together?  Such as making a shortcut like: ["D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev -nomovies -mod Eastern_Front]?

Post Merge: April 16, 2010, 02:45:23 AM
Figured it out!

FYI for anyone else having this issue. 

Just re-validate your game through steam. 
1 Aka right lcick properties the game (in your steam game library)
2 go to "Local Files"
3 and "Verify Integrity..." and that will validate your game. 

19 of my files were invalid and steam just download 3gb worth of junk then it launches totally fine.

Thanks for your help wizard
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:45:23 AM by walker164 »

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
Well, sorry my advice wasn't so much help, but your welcome, I'm trying to become an active player in the forum business so I try to help people who need tech support

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
For the future reference, the Patches does not uninstall when you uninstall the game. Just delete the Eastern_Front dir to remove the patches.

My guess is that your ModManager.dll was one of the missing/corrupt files.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline walker164

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 03:00:16 AM »
ahh yes that makes sense.  thanks dev!

btw if it happens again ill check to see if that dll file got messed up.  if i remmeber then i can post the "old" one for you guys if youre interested.  im not sure if it'll help you debugging stuff maybe?

great mod man! :)

cant wait for the new nazis and see a landkreuzer! :D

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 05:57:14 AM »
ahh yes that makes sense.  thanks dev!

btw if it happens again ill check to see if that dll file got messed up.  if i remmeber then i can post the "old" one for you guys if youre interested.  im not sure if it'll help you debugging stuff maybe?

great mod man! :)

cant wait for the new nazis and see a landkreuzer! :D

Dat was an April Fools joke ;)

The Landkreuzer in reality never made it off the drawing board because of it's sheer size. 1500 tons was nearly impossible. It was for sheer propaganda.

Some major difficulties in development:
1. The Panzer VIII Maus was already destroying roads as it was. The Landkreuzer 1000 was nearly 25x Larger. I can't even imagine the 1500.
The destruction of roads and bridges would have made the Landkreuzer just an obstacle.
(See picture A)

2. The tank would be so large that all Allied aircraft could practically say to each other, "Holy Moly, a giant metal 800mm CANNON??!?!?! EVERYONE BOMB IT."
The sheer size of the tank would make it an easy target.

3. The tank was too large to transport by train or by ship. Making it impossible to transport would be even more of a problem than getting it to MOVE.

4. The materials required for such a tank were humongous. The armor was planned to be 250mm on all sides. The main cannon was to shoot a 800mm shot that traveled 23 miles. (See picture B) PLUS two 150 mm sFH 18/1 L/30 howitzers and a mass of MGs all over.

To top the sundae with a cherry, it was to be engined with 4 Dual U-Boat engines. (Gas Guzzlers!)

Picture A-Landkreuzer 1000 "Ratte"

Picture B-The shot to be fired

Picture C-The plan of the Landkreuzer 1500 in comparison to:Panzer VIII Maus, a truck(Of some sort, not 100% positive what that is), and a Person.

Picture D-A final sketch of the 1000 Ratte. It was never developed.

Offline HavocOfDoom

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 10:08:56 AM »
I have no exe. file! How is it running ???? Zombie CoH! :o

Offline GanWar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 03:12:21 AM »
I’m sorry if I have to revive this old post because I encountered the same corrupted ModManager.dll error problem just last night which is preventing me from launching the game, this is in reference to what I posted in http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2236.msg81690#msg81690. [nofollow]

Here’s the story:

1. I uninstalled my Company of Heroes, Tales of Valor Expansion, and Eastern Front mod and also deleted the THQ folder from the C:\Program Files(x86)\ and in the My Documents folders. I use Windows 7 64-bit.

2. I reinstalled my original Company of Heroes game and added back my custom maps in the C:\Program Files(x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios\MP folder. The game worked fine in -dev mode using the custom maps that I downloaded from 3rd party sources.

3. So I proceeded in reinstalling my CoH: Talos of Valor expansion and updated my patch version from 2.501 --> 2.502 --> 2.600 --> 2.601 --> 2.602 then I cracked the game so I can play it without the CD.

4. I did the patch updates so I can play the Soviet army in the Eastern Front mod which I installed after the Tales of Valor expansion but when I launched my CoH: Tales of Valor, it gave me something like a corrupted ModManager.dll error message. Same thing happened when I launched the Eastern Front mod.

How can I fix this so I can play the game? Please help. TIA

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Dude, we do not support cracked versions of CoH.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GanWar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 06:09:58 AM »
Dude, we do not support cracked versions of CoH.

Aha so that explains it! EF will not work on cracked CoH games, right? Oh well, then I have to concentrate on modding on my own instead. Thanks for the FYI!