Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Official Twitter  (Read 12663 times)

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
Eastern Front Official Twitter
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
Eastern Front Fans,

Recent feedback on the official forums suggests that the Eastern Front community would like us to update the news feed much more frequently. In an effort to remedy this, we have now opened up a Twitter account. All the developers will be able to Tweet sweet nothings there, so you can track the minor details relating to the progress of Eastern Front and some teasers for future content!

Start following CoHEF @ Twitter today!

The main news feeds will remain at EasternFront.org and ModDB to announce big news and patch info.

Thanks for downloading Eastern Front,
EF Dev Team

Offline Tarkka-ampuja

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Official Twitter
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
Rizz told me about this, really.. Bloody Twitter.. Eh I know it's to get the product out there to the people but really.. Twitter? I just can't see that..

A Facebook group would've made more sense to me, more freedom for members, :P.

Offline Hammerstein

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
I don't use twitter that much. How about you also make an Eastern front Facebook page? I would much rather prefer that.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time

- Lieutenant General Lewis B."Chesty" Puller (when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions)

Offline Headlock

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »
True - id suggest that all avenues are followed (Facebook et al), but I'm sure the dev's have enough on their hands.

Good to see some news  :)

HDLK
COH tag: BrainBoru

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:43 PM »
We might make a FB page, but then there would only the headlines full updates be posted (eg. Stuff that would have been posted on moddb or this website).

However Twitter allows us to give you micro updates, or even micro "we are doing nows".

I think Dave actually already leaked something on the twitter page that isn't announced!!
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »
We might make a FB page, but then there would only the headlines full updates be posted (eg. Stuff that would have been posted on moddb or this website).

However Twitter allows us to give you micro updates, or even micro "we are doing nows".

I think Dave actually already leaked something on the twitter page that isn't announced!!
Hell yeah!!! What a pleasant surprise ;D. I would never imagined something like that.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Darkbladecr

• Ingenery
  • CoH:Modern Combat
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Modern Combat
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:15:11 AM »
Dave actually already leaked something
Operations FTW! Hehe
Well whatever works for you guys, I'd rather stick to a scheduled update every month or so rather than micro updates...
but that's only my opinion

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »
Really this is all the "news" you could put on? What the hell is "twitter" anyway!? I never tried to be mean on the devs, but come on. Am starting to get mad.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline PoldekPL

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:10 AM »
Am i only person who thinks that making twitter/facebook/any other social portal account for almost EVERYTHING is stupid and pointless? Facebook was designed for people to stay in touch with friends, organise free time with others etc... not for game mods/online projects/any other events or things, don't you think? And what is twitter for? It isn't blog in it's original meaning... jeez. Making classic "dev-blog" where you can write about any interesting modding stuff without any limits wouldn't be better? Please, don't join that hype about twitter/facebook - use internet as it was invested...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 05:53:37 AM »
Really this is all the "news" you could put on? What the hell is "twitter" anyway!? I never tried to be mean on the devs, but come on. Am starting to get mad.

Feel free to join the team if you can mod any faster.

Facebook was designed for people to stay in touch with friends, organise free time with others etc... not for game mods/online projects/any other events or things,

Facebook has uses for all kinds of crap, not just staying in touch with your mate in the next room and spying on women. There's already an EF Facebook group but It's not official.

Twitter is meh, but its good use of it in this instance. We'll be more inclined to make updates, and you bitches will stay informed.

Honestly, this isn't the end of normal updates, so stop acting like it is.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 07:15:15 AM »

Facebook was designed for people to stay in touch with friends, organise free time with others etc... not for game mods/online projects/any other events or things,

Facebook has uses for all kinds of crap, not just staying in touch with your mate in the next room and spying on women. There's already an EF Facebook group but It's not official.

Twitter is meh, but its good use of it in this instance. We'll be more inclined to make updates, and you bitches will stay informed.

Honestly, this isn't the end of normal updates, so stop acting like it is.

I like that Dead Space 2 team use Facebook to spread their news, i don't think they're doing wrong. Personally i didn't use twitter, but i don't mind reading tweets about EF news either. Hey lads you shouldn't rush things, when the update is ready, it will widely known; besides we'll get teased meanwhile.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 10:19:12 AM »

Awwww go on, throw a tantrum you know you want to!
WHO IS SHE[1]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:21:29 AM by Zerstörer »
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:26:42 AM »
The idea behind our Twitter page is that it takes one minute for a dev to update it, so you get to find out what we are up to much more frequently. It is a fun, proven platform for developers and it takes almost zero effort to maintain. It's going to be a completely separate newsfeed from our existing platforms, so it isn't going to replace or even slow down the progress of any other news or patch.

Seriously, if you don't want to read it, don't read it.

Offline Jimbosmith

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
I think this is a good idea, and its pretty simple. If you dont want to check it dont. Twitter gives the platform for the devs to give small updates on their work, such as "Just making a new skin for the HQ" something like this dosnt need a full forum thread. The big updates will still be posted here, this is just for the smaller sneek peaks on what the devs are working on.

Offline Happycat

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »
I'm annoyed by those who feel entitled to a FREE mod, stop bothering the devs already and be goddamn grateful they even bother.

Just working on the Ostheer doctrines... And tracking down files for a certain godish tank that will be joining us....

OH boy oh boy what could it be!!