Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: ostheer medium tanks  (Read 80828 times)

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: ostheer medium tanks
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
Even the Germans didn't know its true power!
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »
Keep on-topic comrades ;D!
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline mikronim

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
you woul choose the other doctrines because you dont choose doctrines depending on the tank but depending on your game style and map and stuff..you are just given a tank in each doctrine so as not to be unable to fight heavier enemies... so the tiger would go to the tank doctrine...  this is a kind of could way to historically make the game because the battles werent always full of tigers and panthers and IVs

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »
Keep on-topic comrades ;D!

We are, we'll talking about a obsteer medium tank.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:11 AM »
Not that obstheer again...

Beware the Panzerkampfwawgon VIII Watermelon.

"Ve vill make a salad of zose communist sweine!"
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline PanzerWilly

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Fresh meat into the Fray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:34 AM »
The problem are the heavy tanks of the red army and for this job u need something heavier then Pz III.
But what for a tank?
Panther? Tiger? Nashorn?
All in all those 3 tanks would have a qualification to be part of the Ostheer because they were developed out of the impressions of the eastern front. They were designed to stop and destroy red tanks and they were symbols for the battle of the eastern front ( try to image a battle of Kursk WITHOUT Tiger or Panther!!! Impossible! ).
I know that its impossible to not include heavy tank or tank destroyer. But Panzer III was the most numerous tank during that battle despite having both the Tiger and the Panther. The Panzer III in game should use as tank assault vehicle, have surprising ability but more dedicated to engage tanks and vehicles. Its accuracy and machine gun will make it potent enough to engage infantry, but it could cot achive success of M4 Sherman or the Panzer IV Ausf G as its gun lack the calibre to have high explosive. This make it more vunerble to 50mm AT gun, which the Allies have plenty of it. Panzer III can be a nasty weapon against tanks but against the Zis and US At gun or AT infantry, it will be a whole lot less potent.

Offline Griptonix

• Guard
  • Vorwarts nach Osten!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »
I don't think anyone wants to see the Panzer III used as a mid-late game MBT. Early game to counter soviet blob would be wonderful, even mid to late game it could fill that role. I still build Pumas to deal with infantry late game even though they can be defeated by most any tank. Its all about location, diversity of units and micromanagement of units.
"This Goddam forum smells like Volksgrenadiers!"
1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS A. H.

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
i don't see any problem of using Panzer III in late game with co operation with Nashorn for example can be fine, high number of fast PIII flank heavier tanks and Nashorn could deal with it at longer range, with some cool abilities PIII will be good thing :)

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »
I am kinda tired of seeing the Panzer 4 being the medium tank of the German military in CoH. Why not use the Panzer 3? It could begin the game with the 37mm cannon, with an upgrade to incorporate the 50mm and the 75mm cannon at the cost of speed and mobility. Also the armor would upgrade as it were. Also, the Panzer 3 offers a unique gameplay idea, focus on speed while sacrificing power, or go for power and lose mobility.
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
Perhaps some of u had seen the Was ist das-Thread?  :-X
May the force be with you.

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:53 AM »
I'm interested with the Tiger tank. In CoHO there can be two Tigers on the field, it awesome. But can anyone tell me, what's the difference? I mean the stats of the Tiger in CoHO and vCoH. Except the funny overdrive and Defensive manuvers. What will be the Tiger's role in the EF?

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2010, 04:35:59 AM »
What will be the Tiger's role in the EF?
To shoot at everything that enemy has with its gun and not get killed.  :D

Offline PanzerWilly

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
Perhaps some of u had seen the Was ist das-Thread?  :-X

OMG, I love you. So Panzer III nad II really can relived its history in game once again. Wow, I never thought that our dream really came true. The DeV is so liberal to make the Panzer II, this is god send. A MOD that take our opinion so seriously! I will and forever love Eastern Front mod! Thank you for making our dream come ture.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2010, 02:35:06 AM »
Your dreams have been set very low :-\

Offline PanzerWilly

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2010, 03:51:21 AM »
Your dreams have been set very low :-\
Yeah, I guess you are right :P I'm not that kind of ambitious person cause I am not part of the mod developer. I am too happy to actually see the unit I suggested is become a possible reality in the game. I'm no war expert or game pro, and I just wanted a good game mod that I can enjoy for a long time. I know ostheer in eastern front mod will go beyond this, but for now, I can sleep well knowing that my favorite german engineered tank will be an in game. :D For me, I am satisfy, considered myself living in a small country with small CoH community. Not much RTS games flow into this country, and Panzer III never existed in my game collection. But I always watch history channel and documentary of Achtung Panzer and the Panzer III was always my inspiration in my animation and concept art development.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:54:32 AM by PanzerWilly »