Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Russian traitors  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Sovereign

• Guard
    • View Profile
Russian traitors
« on: July 03, 2010, 03:10:20 AM »
Here's an idea I have had for awhile and here are the proposed ways in which it could be implemented:

A: A sector is pummeled with pamphlets and propaganda that can sway some squads of Russians to join your cause.
B: Special ability for the Ostheer officer
C: Specific Russian traitor units of some kind can be made (more than likely similar to partisans) 

TS3 2.0: ts55.gameservers.com:9374

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian traitors
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 03:14:12 AM »
Is it possible to make a unit change sides and turn into another unit?
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
Anyway I think it would be OP!
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »
I think it would be easier to make suppressed Soviet infantry (red) die immediately, and convert their cost to mp for the Ostheer player to use.

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:28:09 PM »
While i like the idea of making the red Army troops to defect over to the enemy, it would be difficult to implement in game, would make entire platoons of conscripts turn their back on the motherland, and make an unfair advantage for the Ostheer. A better idea is that every time you kill an enemy squad (not vehicles) that once unlocked, you get 1/5 of the manpower needed to make them. So conscripts, which cost 200 manpower would give the Ostheer player about 40 manpower.
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
A better idea is that every time you kill an enemy squad (not vehicles) that once unlocked, you get 1/5 of the manpower needed to make them. So conscripts, which cost 200 manpower would give the Ostheer player about 40 manpower.

Something like that would destroy balance unless it were a passive ability for all Ostheer players and the entire faction had costs designed around this fact. Otherwise it simply gives the OH a massive advantage in the most important resource.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
well, you could include Anti-Soviet Partisans or members of the RLA..

Offline Sovereign

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:25:15 AM »
Your opinion is duly noted as unworthy due to the lack of reasoning behind it, how exactly will it make the Ostheer op?

Also the idea to have suppressed Russians die instantly and converted into mp is a nice alternative that I would consider among the other possibilities.
Edit: Plus it would counter act the aggravating retreat mechanics for the Russians when playing against AI.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:41:21 AM by Sovereign »

TS3 2.0: ts55.gameservers.com:9374

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 05:26:29 AM »
How? Just make the abillity have a long cool down time and make the captured units crap.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline vietlord

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
well i disagree !
_ many sov were captured but so few wanted to

and except for manpower they weren't use for military pressure and hadn't guns ... maybe some militia in foreign countries ... but for the game play, look how starcraft protoss dark-archon is over abuse

supress or capture maybe, not re-use
pleeeease criticize or comment my ostheer try
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=3265.0

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »
well i disagree !
_ many sov were captured but so few wanted to

and except for manpower they weren't use for military pressure and hadn't guns ... maybe some militia in foreign countries ... but for the game play, look how starcraft protoss dark-archon is over abuse

supress or capture maybe, not re-use
In every great war to defend a nation, there will be traitors who willingly pick up guns to fight next to the invaders. The American Revolution is a good example of this.
I also once heard a quote from Mark Twain that is related to the subject, "There is a nation who half it's people are patriots and the other half traitors and nobody knows which is which."