Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Mod tools?  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Mod tools?
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »
Was told that I wouldnt be able to make my own models for coh, when clearly, you can. Guys whats taking place here is awesome, especially since russian units rock. IS-2 ftw.. Anyways, what tools are you guys using to make, animate and incorperate your models?

I want to start making a total conversion, using some existing models, like infintry and various vehicles, but as a whole there will be a new plethora inspired by meaty, gritty iron clad anime models from spots like patlabor, venus wars, blue submarine & the heavy gear franchise. Theres more to it, but getting a hold of the mod tools, and noob modding will be a good place to start, as ive never made a mod before :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:20:13 PM by Eagle Wizard »

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Mod tools?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
Could someone please push me in the right direction - Ive gotten a hang of modelling and animating, I just dont know how to intergrate my models into the game & change unit attributes.

Offline Kamikaza22

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »
I will release tutorial for OE(tool for making animation workable ingame) soon(probably next month). You must understand, I mean, everyone must understand me: I can't make tutorial at this moment, because I have lot of work to do with EF team, I have my real life(school, helping to parents for Saturday) and many other things. Believe me, I am already little working on model and texture for tutorial.

I hope you understand me.
Sorry if my english is bad I am from Croatia.

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
Thank you for replying, I can understand that you are very busy, as am I, so no rush, gaming and modding obviously take a back seat to real life. Im just very excited about the tool as on many, many other forums Ive been told it cant be done. Ill be waiting with bated breath my friend. Anyways good work man, keep it up. Only wish I could help out some how.

Offline WelshManDan

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »
yeah, same here. if u just post the name of the tool then i will try and work it out myself, but if its a lot of programs then ill just wait til u guys finish

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »
Was having a ganders over at the relic mod community, and happened to come across this thread.. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?s=73b01d6ff19c86838430085b3d356d7b&t=141166 [nofollow]

Needless to say, SWEET. Now if I could only figure out how to animate battle frame legs and the nightmares roller legs..

Will also be very intresting to see how Kamikaza22's tool and Corsix's tool perform.

Offline WelshManDan

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »
yeah, i wish there was a free way to import the stuff instead of using studio max

Offline Kamikaza22

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »
Well, it isn't mine tool, it is relics tool released a year ago and it was pulled back because lack of documentation.

Do you want a download link of OE(Object Editor)?

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
Shure thing man, throw that mod tool this way. I was wondering, will it be possible to import animations of various types of attack bikes, mono cycles (one wheeled attack bike), guided missiles, and moving, robotic arms, torsos, and legs?

Offline Kamikaza22

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »
I think yes.

Offline WelshManDan

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
Shure thing man, throw that mod tool this way. I was wondering, will it be possible to import animations of various types of attack bikes, mono cycles (one wheeled attack bike), guided missiles, and moving, robotic arms, torsos, and legs?

lol your mod sounds awesome, im only making a pacific one but that sounds great lol. yeah, kamikaza, would you mind passing me a download for that tool, they have removed it from every site

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
If anyones managed to register on the relic mod forums, can you tell me what email you used as its saying mine is invalid, which is wierd cause I presumed @hotmail.com was pretty legit. I contacted them last week about it but still havnt gotten a reply.

Offline Kamikaza22

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »
try to use some other, @hotmail.com looks like not working. I use a e-mail what we get from our school(something like that)

Offline WelshManDan

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
Kamikaza, do you think that if i gave you my hotmail then you would be able to send me the OE?

Offline Eagle Wizard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
Have a read, http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?p=3410029#post3410029 [nofollow] everything about the tool is there. Aparently there arnt any places to download it properly, and that a proper tool will come out once ToV is done with (tales of valor) Its also a bit tricky to install it cause you need preforce, so theres a few blokes about the relic mod forums who you should speak to on irc to help with the instillation and basics of use.

Kamikaza is one of only a few dedicated modders who have managed to circumvent relics bollocks support policy of not giving a fuck until they have finished eating there cake. So basically get over to the relic forums as kamakazi has probably got his hands full with action script, animations rgo files amongst other things.

Kamikaza your a legend mate, keep it. Also very much awaiting you tutorial & EF mod!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:46:56 PM by Eagle Wizard »