Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Guide to EF units/factions  (Read 8270 times)

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
Guide to EF units/factions
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:23:50 AM »
Hi!

I'm looking for a basic guide about EF units and factions. Need that to improve the divulgation of the mod on brazilian comunity. Just show all units and how the URSS faction works.

If there is no guide, can any of dev's post the units portraits? Then I can make a guide.

Maybe i can make a printable version, like an retail game manual. I have some nice photoshop/corel draw skills.  ;D

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to EF units/factions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »
I have uploaded some pics that might help you, there are some picture missing but I didn't have time to make it better.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
Is this guide bishop?
Soviet is OP

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:23:55 AM »
nop, only pictures for SuperSoca.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
Hmm, maybe I can make a retail manual like the ones given with CoH. It'd be nice ;D
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
Id be willing to help with a guide if anyone wants to do one

more importantly i think we need to gather all the stats for the units and do like a cohstats.com mock up
Soviet is OP

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 01:27:39 AM »
Id be willing to help with a guide if anyone wants to do one

more importantly i think we need to gather all the stats for the units and do like a cohstats.com mock up

This is my idea. If you could do that will be great!

I'm trying to do an guide like this, but i'm out of time because i'm already "working" on EF project to brazilian community (soon I will anounce here in EF foruns, maybe opened to portuguese speaking players of other countries) and real life work. My first idea is make a resumed guide.

Beside that my english sux too, then will be very hard to make an decent guide in english, but I can help with Corel Draw or photoshop if needed.

Thank you Blackbishop, when resumed guide is ok i will post here

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:13 AM »
Well if you were aiming to do a manual-style guide, you won't need stats per say, just a summary of equipment, what the unit is good for, what you need to buy to unlock it, Etc.

For Example:

(Bear with me, I don't have soviet info infront of me and haven't played them for a bit, so names might be a bit warped :P)

Tank Hunters
(Anti-Tank Infantry Squad)
Tank Hunters is the lesser of the two AT Support units, but is not to be underestimated. In groups, Tank Hunters can devastate enemy armor, and in cover they can even camouflage.

In order to deploy Tank Hunters, you will need to purchase the Short-Range Support upgrade in the Soviet Support Barracks.

You can upgrade your Tank Hunters from The Armory with the upgrade "Men Against Tanks." This will give each squad another PTRD Rifle.

Equipment-3 Mosin-Nagant rifles, 1 PTRD Anti-Tank Rifle, Krak AT Grenades
With Upgrade-2 Mosin-Nagant Rifles, 2 PTRD Anti-Tank Rifles Krak AT Grenades
Cost: XXX Manpower (I don't have it infront of me at the moment)
With Upgrade: XXX Manpower (Again, not sure if it's changed)

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
Well if you were aiming to do a manual-style guide, you won't need stats per say, just a summary of equipment, what the unit is good for, what you need to buy to unlock it, Etc.

For Example:

(Bear with me, I don't have soviet info infront of me and haven't played them for a bit, so names might be a bit warped :P)

Tank Hunters
(Anti-Tank Infantry Squad)
Tank Hunters is the lesser of the two AT Support units, but is not to be underestimated. In groups, Tank Hunters can devastate enemy armor, and in cover they can even camouflage.

In order to deploy Tank Hunters, you will need to purchase the Short-Range Support upgrade in the Soviet Support Barracks.

You can upgrade your Tank Hunters from The Armory with the upgrade "Men Against Tanks." This will give each squad another PTRD Rifle.

Equipment-3 Mosin-Nagant rifles, 1 PTRD Anti-Tank Rifle, Krak AT Grenades
With Upgrade-2 Mosin-Nagant Rifles, 2 PTRD Anti-Tank Rifles Krak AT Grenades
Cost: XXX Manpower (I don't have it infront of me at the moment)
With Upgrade: XXX Manpower (Again, not sure if it's changed)

Yeah that is the idea.

Guys,  I will make this manual, but after completing the design (will do on Corel Draw and export to Adobe PDF as a printable version) and add the texts, i will need sume help to fix the eventuals english errors.

Would be nice if I have units stats like cohstats.com, to make the manual more interesting.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »
Well if you're making a basic manual you won't need COH stats, you just need to sum up each unit in a nutshell. If you want to make it extensive, you're welcome to stats, but be warned this confuses new players.

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 07:54:57 AM »
If you need english proof reader I will help and am very good, pay no attention to my forum grammar it is non formal

finally I love the idea of cohstats like guide for eastern front! would kill for soviet stats all nice and neat like this
Soviet is OP

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
yes, but i was thinking to do like some others games manuals, where detailed information is displayed on the end.

Then all manual would be for new players, while last pages will give more detailed information that experienced will apreciate.

Post Merge: April 09, 2011, 07:56:54 AM
If you need english proof reader I will help and am very good, pay no attention to my forum grammar it is non formal

finally I love the idea of cohstats like guide for eastern front! would kill for soviet stats all nice and neat like this

I apreciate that, will tell you when manual is done :D thanks

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »
I don't think you comprehend how incredibly complex the company of heroes combat is. You would need the last 500 pages to remotely come close to producing ALL the actual stats. The wiki we had was a good idea but nobody seemed to actually work on it and it got spammed all the time.

I'm also happy to proof read/make small grammar corrections.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »
I don't think you comprehend how incredibly complex the company of heroes combat is. You would need the last 500 pages to remotely come close to producing ALL the actual stats. The wiki we had was a good idea but nobody seemed to actually work on it and it got spammed all the time.

I'm also happy to proof read/make small grammar corrections.

LoL. Yes I do.
I also asure that don't need 500 pages to show stats relevant information to expert players (not comp stompers...) like aceleration, weapon damage, weapon penetration, covering bonus, veterancy bonus, etc. We dont need "ALL" the stats because we don't need to make calculations about progamming, just need to know how to take advantage of situations, capicce.

I need some more things too: cover art file (like the one on homepage) and a legal disclaimer (not at home atm to check if already on game installation, then if it is, ignore).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:48:11 PM by SuperSoca »

Offline SuperSoca

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Orkut
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 01:56:45 AM »
Already started to work on the manual. As soon I have something more done i will post here to apreciation.