Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: A subtly stupid question  (Read 11817 times)

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: A subtly stupid question
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
Penal squads would certainly be worth it if the unsuppressability worked properly at the moment. Not being able to be suppressed for 50MU 15FU is very good.
What's the dirty with the unsupressibility?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
Penal squads would certainly be worth it if the unsuppressability worked properly at the moment. Not being able to be suppressed for 50MU 15FU is very good.
What's the dirty with the unsupressibility?

word on the streets is they're fixing it now so next patch the penal squads finally will be unsuppressable
Soviet is OP

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
Yeah it works properly now. Guards vet 1 now also works.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »
v1.31: I have recently noticed that 3 to 4 man Panzer Grenadiers w/ MP44's a regularly being suppressed by 7-8 man Conscript Squads. ???
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
v1.31: I have recently noticed that 3 to 4 man Panzer Grenadiers w/ MP44's a regularly being suppressed by 7-8 man Conscript Squads. ???
Yeah, a nasty bug, iirc in 1.40 we removed the suppression.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:54:14 PM »
v1.4.0: I am impressed with the new improved Conscripts. with vet and the molotov motor criticals they have become useful and fun. Maybe they are too cheap now. Perhaps the reinforce cost should be increased when they are upgraded. One thing bothers me about the petrol bomb upgrade. The squad becomes an 8 man squad. Vet1 gives a -5% received damage bonus, effectively raising HPs to 39/man, 316/squad. Vet2 this becomes 8 rifles. Since the Commissar is gone why the extra man? The offensive power of 8 rifles plus molotovs is heavy duty.

I read somewhere that Concripts are still suppressing vetted VGs and PGs. Haven't seen it myself as I am getting better at eradicating Conscripts. What is your experience?

OT: v1.3.1  When dealing with AI Katyuska spams I found two or three hits from tankguns were insufficient to kill a Studebaker. Seems strange given the velocity of an AP shell and the impact it should have on a truck loaded with rocket fuel. It has been stated that molotovs and incendiary grenades are equally effective on Allied vehicles up to Stuarts. Does this mean they will receive engine criticals? If so I need to use infantry against Katyuskas. THey'll need sneakers though.  ;D BTW in 1.4.0 Naval Infantry is spammed not Katyuskas.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
We have replaced the criticals damage to the engine caused by the molotov for secondary weapon dmg chance, unless the vehicle/tank has low health it will get damage engine.

About the conscript suggestion, we are looking at it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 03:46:30 AM »
 This thread was started because conscripts seemed to me to have little utility. In v1.3xx the only value I could see was for capping and as a strategic reserve. The advent of v1.40 has changed all of that. Not only is it fun to play using conscripts (mostly because of vet), but The early game on AI allows one to simulate the build-up of the Soviet Juggernaut with a nice historical feel. I believe the muni maintenance rules have a lot to do with this. It is necessary in historical simulation style of play to maintain the highest rate of resources rolling in. Zero pop Conscripts add to this effort. and the careful selection of low maintenance units allows for the development of a potent strike force in the middle game. Of course using low level units early on leads to many aborted thrusts and routs to HQ/med truck, but this to adds to the historical feel. My compliments to the Designers. I think you have the right tools to achieve good campaigns once Ostheer arrives.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »
v.1.6 Time to review my understanding of Conscripts again.

Conscript:
  • 7m/4R level1 rifle squad, 220 MP
  • capping rate=1.25-1.5(@vet 2)
  • upgrades: Molotovs, (100MP/15FP-global); 7m/7R upgrade (50 muni/squad) with "For the Motherland @3CP
veterancy:
  • Vet1(7XP): Reinforcement cost decreased by 2~3 manpower.
  • Vet2(14XP): Increased range for throwing Molotovs. Increased the capture rate by 25%. (1.5)
  • Vet3(24XP); Received damage: -10%, Damage: +20%
Strategic Reserve:
  • Up to 5 Conscript squads are available at no burden to the Pop Cap
  • Caveats: the 5th conscript must be obtained when PoP <= Pop Cap - 7.
  • Pop Cap will scan 7pop/squad higher than it is.
Strafnaye is a unique unit and does count against Pop Cap
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War