Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Summary of the Ostheer sneaks [WIP]  (Read 162932 times)

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
Re: Summary of the Ostheer sneaks [WIP]
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
hehe it is^^
and still one of my most loved 1vs1 maps XD

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2012, 11:27:02 PM »
Love snowy maps!  :P

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
yeah, me too  ;)
I may find some spare time do remake Mstov using new assets like snow-covered trees. Though I don't promise, because rl is taking my whole free time at this moment and I'm afraid it might carry on for a looong time  :-\

Killar

« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2012, 12:01:18 AM »
at least you have left us a superb map in the meantime :)

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2012, 12:08:08 AM »
at least you have left us a superb map in the meantime :)

Well, not precisely. It requires some fixing here and there, some unpassable fences and stuff. So far I don't have enough time even to sit down and launch WB ;) because I used to work for 2-3 hours on one map, in 5-10 minutes it's hard to do anything what makes sense, and even if so, I forget about it because next time I can sit down and map is often a few days later. So far I've given up mapping, maybe in future I might be back  :)

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »
added this pic:
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by looking at this flow chart, I see a shift of the Ofehnror Troops (AT Infantry) to Tier II Assault, the absence of the Panzerfusiliers unit in the same tier (removal most likely, or perhaps something vet related now) and the mobile FlaK 38 (again Tier II). The Luchs is now part of Assault tree in Tier II (still post-Modernization I assume). Oh and there's a Opel Blitz in the HQ XD.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »
Panzerfusiliers were moved to the Forward Support Center(aka Ostheer buildable FHQ).

Ofenrohr troops were moved from T1 to T2 because it would fit better in that place, and they will start with schrecks instead of panzerbüchse 39s.

T2 used to have big problems in the past, one pool was full of support units(leIG18, PaK36, PaK40) while the other had one infantry squad(Stormpioniers) and the Halftrack(ausf. B & ausf. C), while you had Luchs/towed flak 38, Panzerfusiliers and Panzerwerfer as neutral units.

With that we can say than:
1) T2 had too much units.
2) Stormpioniers have been always too versatile.
3) The Support Pool only had weapon teams, not a good combo.
4) We don't have the towed flak 38, and we don't know if we will have it in the future.
5) PaK36 and PaK40 in the same building may sound good, but only one of them is necessary.

So, in first place we focusing on putting the tier building on a diet, Panzerfusiliers were cool, but Stormpioniers were too versatile to be only built from one pool and we couldn't have too infantry units like these in the same building as neutral units (redundant units) so we just give the Stormpioniers the smg optional upgrade and they can now perform as Panzerfusiliers used to be.

As Stormpios were moved to the neutral space, there was a hole in the assault section(only the HTs). The HT doesn't sound like a good assault unit and so we deviced the following:

Scrapping the pure Halftrack ausf. C chassis and only use the 251/17C(yes, they were different models), being the ausf. B the only HT available even after modernization. The Halftrack could easily fit the Support role, along with the PaK40(PaK36 was removed because we thought the PaK40 was a better choice). And moving the leIG18 to T1 to replace Ofenrohr Troops has some positive points, the first one was that they could start with schreck instead of complicate everything with the panzerbüchse rifles and the second was that it was really appropriate to treat these troops as assault ones and than we thought of the leIG18 as an hybrid type of mortar so it could fit the Support Pool of T1 instead of the AT guys. Then we had the Luchs as neutral unit that required modernization, there was no towed flak anymore so we thought:

"In support you can get the Halftrack and after modernization it can get the flak upgrade, adding the luchs to the other pool would lead to the player to chose what he wants to have or what he needs at the current time, do he wants a support HT and upgrade it later with a flak at the expense of not carrying troops or he needs AT support for now and might buy a better armoured luchs later, which there is no need to upgrade because AI is it's natural role" or something along these lines :P. So we ended with the T2 looking like this, Ofenrohr Troops and Luchs(modernization) OR Halftrack + PaK40(modernization)... now, both pools have counter for infantry and vehicles, just that are conviniently swapped(one pool with AT after modernization and the other with AI after the same upgrade).

So, in other words(TLDR):

* Panzerfusiliers -> Moved to FSC.
* Towed Flak 38
* Panzerwerfer
* Luchs -> moved to Assault Pool & available after modernization.
* Stormpioniers -> Made neutral unit
* Halftrack ausf. B -> Moved to Support. Still has the sdkfz. 251/17C upgrade.
* Halftrack ausf. C
* leIG18 -> moved to T1 at Ofenrohr Troops old place.
* PaK36
* PaK40 -> Still available after modernization.
* Ofenrohr Troops -> Moved to T2 Assault Pool. Removed Panzerbüchse Troops variant.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
heck, if its balanced, its fine with me.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Killar

« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:52 AM »
heck, if its balanced, its fine with me.

We all hope so :)

But as i heard Devs might change it again so even more delay for release :P

Offline Mr.ious.Q

• Allied Commander
  • Guard
  • Yeah new upgrades
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »
Why the panzerbuche be removed ? I think it's better for them to stay as part of the modernization because in early game, soviet don't have many heavy stuff and the OH have both the luch and shrek at tier 2 not to mention the leig 18 at tier 1, the panzerwefer as tier 2 neutral and the pak 40. I think adding something to delay the ostheer teching to match the early soviet is crucial.

Who am i?

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »
I'm sure the balancers have/will look this over. Community opinion on balance really isn't necessary at this point.
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Offline Mr.ious.Q

• Allied Commander
  • Guard
  • Yeah new upgrades
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
1 more thing that i would make a suggestion about is the effect on the Ostheer neutral units when you select assault or support pool. For an instant example, like the tier 1 units, when you select the assault pool, you would benefit from having both the marksman and the kublewagen which are great in countering snipers but not so for the support pool units. So that we could allow the landsers to have some extra ability that fit the support or assault pool, in support pool the landsers would have a slightly larger radius of detection than normal landsers or when you select the assault pool would make them move a little bit faster.
Who am i?

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »
[...]So, in other words(TLDR):

* Panzerfusiliers -> Moved to FSC.
* Towed Flak 38
* Panzerwerfer
* Luchs -> moved to Assault Pool & available after modernization.
* Stormpioniers -> Made neutral unit
* Halftrack ausf. B -> Moved to Support. Still has the sdkfz. 251/17C upgrade.
* Halftrack ausf. C
* leIG18 -> moved to T1 at Ofenrohr Troops old place.
* PaK36
* PaK40 -> Still available after modernization.
* Ofenrohr Troops -> Moved to T2 Assault Pool. Removed Panzerbüchse Troops variant.
updated with new infos and reworked everything. if you find any mistakes please tell me :)

btw: have there been any changes to the doctrines for alpha/beta so far?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:34:14 PM by Ghost »
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline Ursidey

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »
Suggestion : for Elite battalion of Doctrine 2 (Army Elite Troops), you should change the name of the ability "Ostkrieg" in "Rattenkrieg", this would be perfect with its description, referring to the term used by the Germans at Stalingrad  ;)