Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: English description errors  (Read 1894 times)

Offline saukopf

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
English description errors
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
Hallo, everybody, I'm the new chinese translator of EF.During my translating,  I found something maybe not right,and I've correct them in chinese translation. ;D
————————————————————————————
18010079       With the lethal 85mm D-5T Air Defense Gun turned tank buster, the SU-85 has the firepower to tackle enemy Heavy Tanks.

D-5T based on 52K, 52K is AA-gun but D-5T not,same as tankgun D-25T based on A-19 canon.
————————————————————————————
18010465     The colossal M-30 152mm Howitzer can be fired indirectly, even into the fog of war. Due to the immense recoil of the gun, a level, stable firing position is a must.

M-30(M1938) is 122mm,the 152mm Howitzer based on the carriage of M-30 is D-1(M-1943)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: English description errors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »
Ok, Ill fix those entries.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline saukopf

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
18010197   The historical German town was caught in a violent crossfire as the Soviets advanced North towards Berlin. Victory initially seemed inevitable to the Belorussians, but the Ostheer had yet to play its final hand.

18010199   The fortress island of central Königsberg represents the bloody last stand of the German forces in East Prussia. Under siege by the surrounding Belarussians, the starving Wehrmacht had no choice but to fight.
————————————————————————————————————
After checking on wiki and some other war-history websites, I found these texts contain some little mistakes. Cottbus was surrounded and captured by 1st Ukraine Front.While Königsberg was attacked by 2nd and 3rd Belorussian Front, 3rd Belorussian Front was the brunt and 2nd was the assistant. The former chinese translator translated these sentence as the two cities were surroundedby the people of Belarus.So these blur descriptions may cause translation errors.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:39:49 PM by saukopf »

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:42:16 AM »
For the info, so to say, there was no ethnic aspect involved in army fronts' formation. So it should probably all just be changed to "soviet".

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline saukopf

• Translator
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
For the info, so to say, there was no ethnic aspect involved in army fronts' formation. So it should probably all just be changed to "soviet".
or write the whole designation of units?