Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.4] Game crashes/freezes - Post here  (Read 37791 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4] Game crashes/freezes - Post here
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
another game, another crash.
program sayd - Cannot create error report. Pls, check, that in your TEMP folder enoght free space.
Before starting that game i cleaned PC by CCleaner.

I think it huge memory leak, because playing on minimal graphic settings dont call game crash.
In order to fix the temp error and being able to create dmp files you need to increase your virtual memory, described in this post http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1677.msg56631#msg56631

Games crashed right when it tries to start up.

I fixed the updater problem, but when I click on "Play" the game crashes straight away...
Do not hijack the thread, the launcher "bug" is a different thing and has his own topic stickied about how to fix it:

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=5962.0
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Tigercat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »

Thanks for this great mod i love it! especially the no pop cap mode  ;D.
but i am having trouble with the launcher i look att the EF_Launcher_Log and it says (503) that the servers are not avalible.
i dont know if its really something wrong but it happends on the webbsite for me also.
ps. Sorry for my english im swedish so... :P

//Tigercat

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »

Thanks for this great mod i love it! especially the no pop cap mode  ;D.
but i am having trouble with the launcher i look att the EF_Launcher_Log and it says (503) that the servers are not avalible.
i dont know if its really something wrong but it happends on the webbsite for me also.
ps. Sorry for my english im swedish so... :P

//Tigercat
Read my comment above yours.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Nexant

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »
*What map were you playing? The Scheldt aka  6p_close_river_combat Raining

*Which factions were involved?  All of them 1 Brit Normal, 1 USA Hard, 1 Russian Me, 2 Wehr Normal, 1 PE Normal

*What were you doing when the crash occurred? Try to be as accurate as possible!    Game was only 10 minutes in max.  In the final minute I issued the soviet propaganda tool on 2 squads 1 (Conscript) was in a outpost doing nothing and the Command Squad was in an adjacent building shooting at Nazis along with 2 MG Dugouts.  The Command squad lost 2 men to snipers, then leveled so I commanded them to exit the building which puts them adjacent to the Outpost so they could resupply and it crashed immediately after they exited.

*Do the crashes happen during every or almost every game?
Almost every other game.  Only when I play as Russian so far.  I have successfully concluded 2 out of 9 games as Russian.  Ive played at least 3 with each other faction with no crashes.

DxDiag included

Addition: If it matters...out of the approx 18 games with EF about 9 would be with myself w/AI vs AI skirmish and this was the first time I crashed playing Russian that way.  The other 2 I did complete the game and the rest were with other factions. 
  I've tried with a friend over MP of the 2 of us vs AI and out of 9 games I've tried Russian 6 and crashed every time while playing with a connection to someone else.   There are a few games I didn't count when both of us were Russian and he crashed before I could or would.

Superb error report! Next time please check that you include the correct warnings-log as this one doesn't note any crashes.
-cope.

That was the only warning log in the folder for that date.  Not sure then.  The game ctd with the automated warning and submission popup to Relic too. -Nexant
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:40:05 PM by Nexant »

Offline melvincommie

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »
Hello, I was playing on Leningrad, I created unit of Ingenery, clicked on it and the gamed ctd. I tried a different map, The Scheldt and same thing happened again crashed when I clicked on the Ingenery unit. I have updated to 2.602. Sorry to bother you guys, your help would be much appreciated comrade, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:22:21 AM by melvincommie »

Offline Gatik417Irene

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4] List of known issues
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 07:17:02 AM »
Map: Lyon {4}
Factions: One (Player) Soviet; Two British; Three Wehrmacht; Four Panzer Elite;
Actions: ZIS-3 Emplacement was shooting at two Panzer IV tanks.
Frequency: They happen every game but what I'm doing in the game seems irrelevant. The crash happens when tanks are beginning to become major players in the game.
Notes: I use several computers to play this excellent mod so I'm certain my computer is not a factor. However, what version I am using may be important. I have the latest Relic patch and the latest Eastern Fronts patch. If I play on two computers, the crash only happens on one computer, kicking the other and continuing the game for the other. Which computer is kicked is random. Sorry, no .dmp file, but the log files and a replay are in the zip folder attached.

Offline Copernicus

• Developer
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »
@Nexant:
Seems to be out of memory.

@melvincommie:
I suggest reinstalling EF, that might help. I haven't seen this error before and it is not as obscure as others are.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
Map: Lyon {4}
Factions: One (Player) Soviet; Two British; Three Wehrmacht; Four Panzer Elite;
Actions: ZIS-3 Emplacement was shooting at two Panzer IV tanks.
Frequency: They happen every game but what I'm doing in the game seems irrelevant. The crash happens when tanks are beginning to become major players in the game.
Notes: I use several computers to play this excellent mod so I'm certain my computer is not a factor. However, what version I am using may be important. I have the latest Relic patch and the latest Eastern Fronts patch. If I play on two computers, the crash only happens on one computer, kicking the other and continuing the game for the other. Which computer is kicked is random. Sorry, no .dmp file, but the log files and a replay are in the zip folder attached.
Why you posted exactly the same message than above? We need your dmp file to check the error. If you have the Temp Error while crashing, in order to fix it and being able to create dmp files you need to increase your virtual memory, described in this post http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=1677.msg56631#msg56631
Mors Indecepta

Offline Gatik417Irene

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 06:33:39 AM »
Sorry about posting twice. I tried posting a dozen times and my internet didn't seem to be having it. I deleted one of the posts. The game never says that it is unable to create the error message and it seems that that is not the issue. Attached to this post is a .dmp from another computer having the same issue. Does that help in any way? The DMP file is in DMP.zip and the other files included in my previous post are in TotalReport.zip. Thank you for the rapid reply.

Offline PanzerMan

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
1) Refinery
2) Brits, USA, Soviets vs Wermacht, PE, Wermacht
3) I was clicking to my squads at the Puma through mini map
4) in each map this crash annoy me

P.S. There is no any ".dmp" file in the Temp, but there was some "fwtsqmfile06.sqm". All in archive.

Offline jujubean

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »
Fantastic mod, but it crashes to desktop 3 out of 4 times for me, normally 20-30 minutes in, but sometimes after just 5 minutes. Nothing in particular seems to trigger it (I'm normally just moving mortar squads, AT, infantry or armour around the place - not much help I know!)

I am running release 1.4 of the mod on the steam version of COH 2.602.0 on Windows 7 64-bit

My setup (nothing over-clocked):

Core i5-750 cpu
8GB DDR3 RAM @1333mhz
ATI HD-6850 GPU

I have tried un-installing and re-installing the mod, changing video settings down from 'ultra' to 'high', installing latest video, sound and mouse drivers, even upgrading my PSU, all to no avail. Memory tests came up clean. The game seems to work fine on the base version of the game (TOV or OF), even on the same map.

I was playing the hedgerow siege map with 1 russian (me), 2 american cpus vs 3 wehmatch cpus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:10:41 PM by jujubean »

Offline Arcanine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
Another crash.
map - battle on river. (6)
players - me WM
ally CPUs - WM exp, PE hard
enemy CPUs - 2 USSR exp and USA exp.
last 10 seconds before crash I was waiting for resources to build pak-38. last my action was selecting Wehrmacht barracks.
Sorry for my bad english ;)

Offline Nexant

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
@Nexant:
Seems to be out of memory.

I've never had that issue before with vanilla on this computer.  Is it Video card memory or RAM your referring too?  Because I know for RAM according to my usage program its only around 55% and I wasn't getting messages that my settings are lagging the game like some people I play with before.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:31:20 PM by Nexant »

Offline knox

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
hello iam new in this forum, i played Eastern front for a month now, and suddenly 5 days ago my problem began, first EF lancher crash (i fix it with the solution in this forum) then when i start a match in skirmish or lan i have a error report every time with every map and any faction, the game does it with 1.31 and 1.4, i have tales of valors 2.601, i like your mod i want to play it, please help !!!!!!!

Post Merge: June 01, 2011, 06:26:13 PM
hello iam new in this forum, i played Eastern front for a month now, and suddenly 5 days ago my problem began, first EF lancher crash (i fix it with the solution in this forum) then when i start a match in skirmish or lan i have a error report every time with every map and any faction, the game does it with 1.31 and 1.4, i have tales of valors 2.601, i like your mod i want to play it, please help !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:26:13 PM by knox »

Offline applespua

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:52 AM »
Have experienced repeated crashes on all new (1.40 maps) to the point where my computer completely shuts down.
Last crash was playing mahiljou map - I always play Pe v soviet.
Game starts to freeze and lag before crash - Graphics are turned down, only using half of capacity.
Error report - 860686

Thanks