Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.4] List of known issues  (Read 38116 times)

Offline Copernicus

• Developer
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
[1.4] List of known issues
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »
Post issues and bugs in here. Be as accurate as possible.
Posts without any relevant information will be deleted.
Old thread (v1.31) here.

General
- World wrecks in multiple Eastern Front maps seem to be selectable.
- Leningrad produces a Scar-Error (check leningrad_id.scar file and change the name of the markers)
- Battle of Mahiljou has no description
- The map "Battle of Mahiljou" has 4 salvageable wrecks. 3 of them are American p47 thunderbolt which give about 75 ammo each. The wrecks should be changed to Henschel.
- Hinderdam has no description.
- Fixed Brits issue when they park in an allied area.
- Picked up Bren Light Machineguns are invisible.

Art
- Soviet Mortar changes it's skin after being set up.
- new Tiger Ace call in button (custom icon above head) is bright pink (missing icon?)

US
-The reward Sherman 105 has some kind of an issue with its barrel...it wont elevate its gun up.
- Upgrade of the M4 Sherman 105 says: "Upgrade the M4 Crocodile with a Bulldozer."
- Sherman M4 105 can use defensive smoke without being researched.
- Fixed Sherman 105's smoke ability working even if it's main gun is disabled.

CW
- Double click on Stuart or Staghound select both of them.
-Since 2.602 patch Recon sections cant build trenches anymore, in EF they can.

-If you play as vanilla brits you will still see 4 building icons, including the glider one, but vanilla brits dont have that building, only RMC does. Unfixable AFAIK, as RMC uses the same faction files than CW we cannot implement a separate GUI.

SU
- MG crew (out of a MG dogout) running around in a AI game. Then I found a empty MG nest near their base... (bug for Soviet AI).
- Medic Truck randomly stops to heal infantry. Vanilla Bug AFAIK, fixed as possible as we can.
- PTRD animation is bugged when a grenadier using an MP44 picks it up.
- Sturmovies are bugged when capturing heavy weapons and shows a DP-28.
- Soviet MG dugout has SU-76 description Not in english at least :P
- whenever there is a British player, Russian outposts no longer secure points and you can't reinforce from them either
- SU-122 model makes the game crash. IMO model needs re-exporting. Issues importing RGM in Max also. Issues related to scarring/damage markers suggested by DMPs (Game having trouble reading the model, so is Max). - Dragon93
- Naval infantry PTRD-41 in low graphics is bugged (allows to have svt40 and PTRD on one soldier at the same time)

- doctrinal "For the motherland" icon and quit suppression icon from the Command Squad differ. Instead the Command Squad's suppression icon is used for Marine Units in the Propaganda doctrine - is this intended? New icon added for Navals
- Sniper-Ace doesn't seem to have a fire sound while under One Man Army ability. It does have sound for me.
- KV-1 has bugged mg on the back of the turret. fires even at targets in front of the tank and doesn't rotate with turret (when turret is rotated the MG fires out of nowhere)
- Bug found while recrewing the zis-3 gun is now fixed.
- ZIS-3 Emplacement reads "17 pounder gun"

- a Russian Sniper in spotting mode can not retreat, but gets an exclamation above its head, rendering it inop for the player
- repairing a Russian outpost does not work. Engineer seems to be repairing (blue wrench is hovering over the outpost) but damage does not lessen.
- description of Su-122 call-in is the same as of the KV2
- the 'Retreat to medic truck' button covers up the sabotage strategic point ability for Partisans
- Molotovs have the wrong criticals.
- Soviets can use molotov cocktails, AT grenades, AP grenades, smoke grenades and satchel charges if are suppressed.
- SU-76 wreck has the wrong wreck.
- Sturmovie ingenery cant sweep mines. Fixed ???
- SU-76 rotation speed decreased.

RMC
- Additionaly if you select lets say Field Support Truck through icon and you have the Commandos doctrine and a glider landed it will select that glider instead of the actual building.
- Starting SAS Sappers have 5 soldiers instead of four. We cannot make it a 4-man squad by default so, we killed the fifth one :P

WM
- Tiger Ace has the wrong wreck.
- StuH cost set to 600MP.
- Stormtrooper invisible icon is in cloaked status when the unit isnt cloaked.
- I can't reinforce Soviet captured mortar cause the reinforcing icon does not appear. Hopefully fixed ???
- Fixed green turret bug on Black Tiger.

PE
- Jagdpanzer IV's hull MG seems to have no firing sound
- PE's Jagdpanzer can skid sideways and backwards. Replay attached.
- the Nashorn reward unit is still called Flak 88 in the tech-tree
- Ketten has two camo buttons.
- When the Jagdpanther dies the Tiger Ace crew is given.
- If a set up Scout Car dies the sector will remain with the bonuses. Hopefully fixed ???
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:25:38 AM by blackbishop »

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [1.4] List of known issues
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
ZIS-3 Emplacement reads "17 pounder gun"

It's description looks funny too, I can't play brits so I don't know what the 17 pounder description is.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »
The upgrade of the M4 Sherman 105 says: "Upgrade the M4 Crocidle with a Bulldozer."
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Strawberry_Lisa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful mod :)
I couldn't resist to make a account just to tell you guys that

you did a fantastic job with the new upgraded AI, much better that Relic :P

Afew bugs I seen yesterday

+ The Tiger ace custom icon above head is just a pink box
(btw pink is my favrite color)

+ The 2 SAS jeeps (can't remember wich one)
When you lose one jeep you can't reinforce it back and the other jeeps lifebar won't go over 50%. I guess they are sharing the same lifebar or something

+ PE, when you are using the award unit "Nashorn" when you are playing a match, its never mentioned anywhere in the tech-tree, only after you chose "flak 88" you will actaully see that you will get Nashorn in custom icon above head

//Lisa

Faith, trust and pixie dust :)

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
i played one match today with another player against AI to test the new units.

i was WM and my ally was PE (he chose luftwaffe). after some time we had connection problems and he dropped so the the AI took over for him.
just about 2 min later he was using hetzers :o (which would mean tank destroyer doctrine) but i'm sure he took luftwaffe cause he already had fallschirmjagers, luftwaffe groundforces and nashorn as well as the flakvierling. might not be an EF bug, just wanted to mention it, maybe someone experienced the same  ???

about the screenshot: it is a 2v2 map. you can see a nashorn, fallschirmjagers and the hetzer.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:20:16 PM by Ghost »
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »
Ummm... IS-3 is still using ISU icon on commander bar
and Soviet MG dugout has SU-76 description

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
Missing IS-3 call-in image on the button, only a green point.

Offline Tobus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
Things I've noticed so far.

- Leningrad map will not work. Music stops while loading, in game nothing can be built and base-area's are black on minimap.

- a russian sniper in spotting mode can not retreat, but gets an exclamation above its head, rendering it inop for the player until.

- repairing a Russian outpost does not work. Eng seem to be reparairing, blue wrench is hovering over outpost, but damage does not
lessen.

AND

What a great new version!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »
Ummm... IS-3 is still using ISU icon on commander bar
and Soviet MG dugout has SU-76 description
In the english version is fine. I guess this is a polish translation issue :).

First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful mod :)
I couldn't resist to make a account just to tell you guys that

you did a fantastic job with the new upgraded AI, much better that Relic :P

Afew bugs I seen yesterday

+ The Tiger ace custom icon above head is just a pink box
(btw pink is my favrite color)

+ The 2 SAS jeeps (can't remember wich one)
When you lose one jeep you can't reinforce it back and the other jeeps lifebar won't go over 50%. I guess they are sharing the same lifebar or something

+ PE, when you are using the award unit "Nashorn" when you are playing a match, its never mentioned anywhere in the tech-tree, only after you chose "flak 88" you will actaully see that you will get Nashorn in custom icon above head

//Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the feedback,

As the SAS jeeps are two units, if you have only one left the health bar will remain to 50%. If jeeps could be "reinforce-able" the health bar will be filled when calling the reinforcement. I'll check if there's a way to fix this.

About the Nashorn and the tiger looks like is true ;D.

Things I've noticed so far.

- Leningrad map will not work. Music stops while loading, in game nothing can be built and base-area's are black on minimap.

- a russian sniper in spotting mode can not retreat, but gets an exclamation above its head, rendering it inop for the player until.

- repairing a Russian outpost does not work. Eng seem to be reparairing, blue wrench is hovering over outpost, but damage does not
lessen.

AND

What a great new version!
Thanks for your feedback.

We'll try to check the retreat thingy, however i don't promise anything because this was checked in the past without positive results. The Outpost bug sounds weird, I'll try to confirm it later.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Tico_1990

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »
I noticed that the XP (and the CP's as well) keeps mounting even after all command abilities have been unlocked.

Offline chris123456789

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
Not sure why but on some of the new maps after a while the munitions command post seem to stop working and don't give any munitions even though they are under my control and connected.
For example i captured the whole map on unlimited popcap mode and has 0 munitions income :(

Offline Tico_1990

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 11:26:32 PM »
@Chris, if you were playing as the soviets then it is a faction feature, muni upkeep.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
Soviet vehicles/weapon teams have munition upkeep but if you think that wasn't the cause you can submit the replay, otherwise we won't be able to check the problem.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Niscimble

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Two bugs I have encountered...
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:17 AM »
First bug that I noticed is that whenever there is a British player, my Russian outposts no longer secure points and I can't reinforce from them either.

Second bug is that the 'retreat to medic truck' button covers up the sabotage strategic point ability for partisans.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Two bugs I have encountered...
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »
First bug that I noticed is that whenever there is a British player, my Russian outposts no longer secure points and I can't reinforce from them either.

Second bug is that the 'retreat to medic truck' button covers up the sabotage strategic point ability for partisans.
Merged... there's alredy a topic for this kind of things.

For the first one, it's a known bug. Pending to be fixed.

For the second one... lol, was rolled back!? it was fixed iirc.
Mors Indecepta