Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: MASSIVE PROBLEM please help  (Read 1746 times)

Offline simplicity8

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
MASSIVE PROBLEM please help
« on: May 28, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »
Hi I've played eastern front and enjoyed it for a long time, but I started looking for other mods and installed a mod called battle of crete but I coudnl't create a shortcut. So I tried moving the RelicCOH.exe folder from my programs to my desktop and put the shortcut key in and it said it coudnl't find a 'thread' or something. So I tried reinstalling COH to try and get that thread back because I didn't know how to put the folder back! And I patched it to '2.602.0' but eastern front launcher just dosen't work now! Is that patch really old or something and has my game gone back in time? Or has eastern front been unable to find the 'thread' that is needed? I've still got the RelicCOH.exe file on my desktop but PLEASE HELP because I really want to play eastern front this half term, I coudnl't care about vanilla coh!

Offline stryker

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: MASSIVE PROBLEM please help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
I'm not sure what you've done here, but suggest a reinstall from scratch if you've got bits of two mods and have moved your CoH install directory.

Good luck !

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Try running CoH at least one time then install EF.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline simplicity8

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
Hi I tried reinstalling and it didn't work! Everytime I try to load up the launcher it keeps claiming 'eastern front has stopped working' before it can even check updates! AHH I can play vanilla COH i just tried but the launcher still dosen't work. Is this the end of eastern front for me?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...